• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Quitters Fantasy NFL Football League (Season 8) |OT|

I'm fairly certain that you will. Those clutch pickups of Kelley and Rawls should pay dividends. The Bills have a nice fantasy playoff sched too should McCoy continue to struggle to stay healthy. If we square off during Money Week, I'm not taking anything for granted. You've won this league before, after all... and came close to doing it again just last year.

You had to remind me of last year. ;_;

I'm just glad Russell+Baldwin finally showed up because that's what has sunk me in almost every league this season.

acksman

I don't know I thought I had moved Watkins back to the bench before my trip back home. Either it didn't hold or I dreamed it. Knew he was only going to have about a 40-60% load.

UberTag

I don't know I thought I had moved Watkins back to the bench before my trip back home. Either it didn't hold or I dreamed it. Knew he was only going to have about a 40-60% load.
We both made some questionable lineup calls this week. I suspect mine will prove more costly than yours.

Preemptive congrats on the win this week, acksman. Serves me right for not making the textbook expert calls and benching Ingram and Williams for Powell.
I would have had over 147 points this week had I simply went with the consensus instead of playing matchups with inferior talent.
I'll take this as a lesson not to make the same mistake during the fantasy playoffs.

UberTag

Just a quick post to wish those of you fighting it out for a playoff spot good luck in this afternoon's crucial fantasy matchups.

UberTag

I'm going to laugh when I go 13-1 in the regular season and then lose the first playoff game.
fep's PK Boosters (the #2 seed) went 10-3 in 2013 and lost during Money Week despite leading the league in scoring.
That said, I can pass along that the #1 seed has NEVER lost in Week 14 in No Quitters league history. So precedent is on your side.

I'm not especially thrilled with my chances, either.

UberTag

The fantasy playoff match-ups for the annual Money Week showdown are as follows...

- Dr.Horrible's Ameer Lions Fan vs. The Commish's Points on the bench
- acksman's Redbull Express GAF vs. Crazymoogle's Bail Kings GAFcoast
- rinker's Good As Gould vs. VPhys' Crispy
- UberTag's Long Island Broskis vs. IfAllElseFales' Shower Thoughts

Happy to see all three rookie squads crack the playoff lineup.
Additionally, the only two past No Quitters league champions to make the playoffs are squaring off against one another.
The other three teams being fielded by the Commish and the two team managers that have racked up the most cumulative wins to have never won the league.

Probably couldn't have asked for a better setup than that. Best of luck to everyone.
Obviously, this is the crucial week because you need to win this weekend to make the money. Lose and you'll only be left with your wounded pride.

Money Week Historic Records

UberTag - 4-0
The Commish - 2-2
Crazymoogle - 2-2
acksman - 1-2
rinker - 1-2

Wanted to emphasize those records to point out just how much I'm due for a loss in the most important fantasy week of the year.
If I can't win, I'm rooting for either rinker or the Commish as they've been plugging away trying to win a No Quitters championship just as much as I have without any success.
That said, a semi-final week with three rookies and a former league champion would be something to see.

UberTag

What are the payouts anyway? I don't think I ever asked.
Having to roll with 14 teams instead of our usual 16 kind of messed up the math as typically winning on Money Week would have guaranteed you your full buy-in back and that's not the case this time around.

1st place - $410
2nd place - $300
3rd place - $150
4th place - $50

That's how the payout structure currently sits.

My personal hope for next season is we get back to 16 teams with a $75 buy-in for a payout structure of $600 / $350 / $175 / $75.

acksman

Just hope Drew Brees got his bad game behind him.

Good luck all, between this and POD league hope I can get some money in one of them.

UberTag

Man, I knew the Thursday night start for Carr would be rough. Didn't think it would be this rough, though. I really shouldn't have talked myself out of having Dalton as a hedge. AJ Green's injury is impacting my decision-making at multiple positions now.

Still not the worst fantasy playoff performance I've gotten out of a quarterback. That honor still belongs to Andrew Luck's 0-TD, 2-INT, 109 yard affair against Dallas in Week 16 of 2014 that gave me practically nothing when all I needed was a serviceable performance to win the No Quitters championship game. I ended up losing by less than 3 fantasy points. I could have started any other starting QB off the wire and won that matchup. I will never own Luck again in any format because of the emotional trauma I experienced from that.

acksman remembers that game fondly for different reasons.

acksman

I forgot how close that game was between us. Remembering going in I did not think I had a chance with what you had and Luck doing what he did was unreal. Just goes to show no matter how strong you look, it only takes one bad game by a player in the end.

Looking back you were just dominating that season, dang.

UberTag

Man, what a raw deal for IfAllElseFales. That entire song and dance with Julio Jones up until this morning and then losing Forte early in his dream outing against the 49ers anemic run defense. And despite all of that, he could still wind up winning our matchup this week unless my guys start getting it together.

Your team picked a lousy week to have their worst week of the season, acksman.
You just had to recreate fep's colossal 10-3 Money Week flameout from 3 years ago.

This has been a CRAZY fantasy week for some of the season-long favorites. That Melvin Gordon injury came at the absolute wrong time for Dr.Horrible.
We might lose both of our Top 2 seeds this week. That's unprecedented for this league in 8 seasons.

UberTag

Congrats to Crazymoogle on making it to the semi-finals for the 3rd time.
I would not be surprised to see you make the league championship game for the 3rd time as well given your team's commanding performance this weekend.

Congrats to Crazymoogle on making it to the semi-finals for the 3rd time.
I would not be surprised to see you make the league championship game for the 3rd time as well given your team's commanding performance this weekend.

Thanks, gotta have some upside given the current standings? I think if everything holds you are the new top seed? 3 upsets?

UberTag

Thanks, gotta have some upside given the current standings? I think if everything holds you are the new top seed? 3 upsets?
Potentially... although I'm not even counting my own matchup as a lock just yet given the potential for scoring corrections.

Haha, yup, just as I expected I may very well lose the first playoff game after going 12-1. It's not over yet, but it wouldn't surprise me after how my other teams did this weekend.

UberTag

Haha, yup, just as I expected I may very well lose the first playoff game after going 12-1. It's not over yet, but it wouldn't surprise me after how my other teams did this weekend.
This was a catastrophically wild weekend for fantasy football.
I can see a lot of people quitting the hobby outright over what took place yesterday.

No amount of preparation was sufficient. Seems like most people are winning out of sheer luck, not doing as bad as their opponent or because their teams happened to feature some combination of Le'Veon Bell, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Eifert, Bilal Powell, the Falcons D/ST or Graham Gano. We had a very real possibility of losing all 4 of our top seeds this week. It's certainly unprecedented as far as this league's 8-year history is concerned.

In your case, Brady throwing for 20.58 fantasy points is certainly feasible... but it's doubtful that's going to come via yardage gains given the strength of Baltimore's defense.
You need Brady to throw touchdown passes instead of the Pats electing to run it in. Ideally at least 3 of them.

acksman

I can't take this stuff too seriously, it can be so much luck like yesterday. This has happened to me a number of times over the years where I am top seed losing to the lower seed.

Congrats moogle caught me on my worst performing week of the year. Good luck in the next round!

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not upset. I've been playing FFB for a long time and I understand how things can play out. Hopefully Brady saves me, but if not, no big deal. Best of luck to all still in it.

UberTag

I fully expected VPhys to put the proverbial nail in rinker's coffin last night but then Dez delivered a practical no-show against the G-Men.

That opened the proverbial door back open for the highest scoring team in the regular season provided that Edelman can outscore Old Man Steve Smith by 5.14 fantasy points tonight.

I can easily see rinker running the table to claim his long overdue 1st No Quitters championship provided he's able to recover from this dodged bullet.

VPhys

This is brutal. Of course any other team would be running the clock out but Lord Brady is still passing ... to Edelman.

UberTag

This is brutal. Of course any other team would be running the clock out but Lord Brady is still passing ... to Edelman.
The Pats don't believe in running the clock out. Goes against their humble all opposition philosophy.

Lucky for you, at least... unless scoring corrections come into play, you've managed to hold out and win the 2nd closest Money Week matchup in No Quitters history. Crispy will go on to face a team you've already beaten once before in the NQ8 semi-finals next week. Namely mine. Best of luck!

Congrats to Dr.Horrible for pulling off the comeback as well. Told ya three passing TDs would cut it. The 400+ passing yards against this caliber of D was the real surprise for me.

acksman

Dang knocked out in both leagues, oh well. I knew this league my team was suspect, but the other I thought I might have a chance until Bell got called up to have his best game of ever.

UberTag

The fantasy playoff match-ups for the NQ8 semi-finals are as follows...

- Dr.Horrible's Ameer Lions Fan (13-1) vs. Crazymoogle's Bail Kings GAFcoast (8-6)
- UberTag's Long Island Broskis (9-5) vs. VPhys' Crispy (8-6)

Time for a brief history lesson.

Last year, the Bail Kings ran roughshod over the entire league after a flawless draft bursting out of the gates to a perfect 11-0 record before eventually losing in Week 12... to GCQuinton's Ember Island Players. He would post the all-time best regular season record in No Quitters history - finishing at 12-1 - only to lose it all in the league championship game to Bishman's Foxhound.

This year, Dr.Horrible arrived on the scene with Ameer Lions Fan and equal that exact same achievement. 12-1 regular season record... the only blemish on the perfect season being a loss in Week 2 to - you guessed it - GCQuinton's Ember Island Players.

These two virtually identical stories of league domination - undeniably the best runs of any teams in No Quitters 8-year history - collide this week with a trip to the championship game for all the marbles on the line.

Is it now Crazymoogle's turn to play spoiler and end Dr.Horrible's 12-game win streak to make his 3rd all-time appearance in the league finals?
Or will Dr.Horrible brush the Bail Kings aside as he did once before in Week 6 in an attempt to do what Crazymoogle could not last year - field a 15-win team?

We could have an all-rookie championship game if Dr.Horrible and VPhys win this weekend. We could also have an all-Canada championship game should the opposite happen.

Best of luck to everyone!

UberTag

That was an ugly Thursday night affair (as usual). Dr.Horrible has elected to throw almost half of his fantasy lineup at Crazymoogle before Sunday even gets here. Hopefully his arsenal of Jets delivers more favorable results tonight than his Jimmy Graham / Kenny Britt tag team managed.

Incidentally, I neglected to mention a rather noteworthy stat about my own fantasy matchup this week. VPhys' Crispy have outscored my Long Island Broskis EACH of the past 4 weeks. His win-loss record may be deceptively underwhelming but his team's performance since Week 10 speaks for itself. I consider him to be the favorite to win our matchup regardless of what projections might say... that Cousins-Dez-McCoy-Ertz combo scares me a ton. And the Ravens receivers (which include former Broski Steve Smith) and Crowell certainly have matchups they can exploit for big days if afforded the opportunity.

UberTag

Love the write ups btw.
I used to do them more often back when this league had more active threads. Figured I'd bring them back for the fantasy playoffs to keep people invested.

Good call benching Marshall tonight. That big game from Powell was just what you needed, I'd say. He's been an absolute monster in the fantasy playoffs. I know I sure regret dropping him from my lineup after his Week 13 no-show assuming he'd been phased out of the Jets offensive gameplan.

acksman

Good luck to all of you in the hunt today. It is always interesting with weather and other changes as we go into the championship weeks the adjustments that have to be watched.

And I agree, always enjoy Uber's write ups. Wish we could somehow have a better communication for those playing in the two leagues.

If you do like to chat, I see some in the Yahoo mobile app usually today.

UberTag

Solid start to the weekend for Team Crispy. With OBJ and the rest of the Giants having an off-day and Thielen concussed before registering a catch, the Broskis are digging themselves into a deep hole. That pickup of the Packers D/ST appears to have been more shrewd than I gave it credit for.

And McCoy is eating this pathetic Browns defense alive. Needless to say, a 20+ projection deficit to a team I've lost to 4 straight weeks isn't what I needed. It will be difficult to battle back from this one.

Meanwhile, the 13-1 Ameer Lions Fan squad is running with the momentum garnered from Powell's big performance on Saturday night while Bail Kings is looking for somebody to step up and deliver more than a pedestrian performance in this crucial contest.

EDIT: Man, now Tyrell is concussed. Must all my receivers get laid out. It's hard to win a fantasy matchup when the magical concussion fairy happily shoots their arrows willy-nilly. No amount of preparation can account for that.

UberTag

Looks like the all-rookie final is soon to be a reality.
Congrats to both Dr.Horrible and VPhys for making the biggest impact one could hope to make in your first seasons in the No Quitters league.

Should make for an engaging confrontation in Week 16 as Ameer Lions Fan chases that 15-win season while Crispy attempts to play spoiler.

VPhys

How do they not call helmet to helmet contact on a QB. Love the write ups Uber.

Unfortunately for me Cousins performance thus far is making this interesting...

UberTag

How do they not call helmet to helmet contact on a QB. Love the write ups Uber.

Unfortunately for me Cousins performance thus far is making this interesting...
That wound up far closer than it had any right to be. That said, our all-rookie final is now official.
Canada will fight for table scraps at the kids' table.

Woo! I'm excited just to make it to the finals. Between this league and the SLAENT league, this has been a great FFB season.

On top of that, I'm in the semis of another league that runs to week 17.

UberTag

Looks like VPhys is going to pull out the win and Dr.Horrible is going to fall to the same fate as Bail Kings did last season by dominating the league only to lose his 2nd game during Week 16.

Man, I sure could have used a fraction of Adam Thielen's 39.36 fantasy points last week instead of the early exit to a neck injury that I received instead.

UberTag

Congratulations to VPhys and Team Crispy for winning No Quitters Season 8.
Dr.Horrible's Ameer Lions Fan finish off an impressive 14-2 season in 2nd place.
And my own Long Island Broskis claim their 5th Top 4 finish in 6 seasons with a win in the bronze medal consolation game against Crazymoogle's Bail Kings for Canadian bragging rights.

The Commish should process league payouts via LeagueSafe or PayPal later this week.

Hope to see all of you back again next season. I'll have the next thread up sometime in July.

VPhys

Thanks you guys. It was fun hopefully we can have an even more active GAF thread next year and great job Uber with the consistent updates.

Congrats to Crispy. Would've preferred to win of course, but pretty happy pulling of 2nd place in both this league and the SLAENT one. Good season everyone and see you next year.

Edit - I enjoy the summaries Yahoo provides on your season. I forgot I drafted Eddie Lacy and four of my top 10 picks aren't on my team any more. In fact I think only 5 of my original 14 remain. It had projected me 5th for the year. Even better is the SLAENT league where I was projected to come in dead last with my first round pick being Eddie Lacy. I was pretty high on Lacy to start the season apparently.

Double edit - I received the email about League Safe, but I've received nothing from them and don't see anything on the site.

UberTag

Just quickly bumping this thread to gauge interest as we near the start of yet another fantasy season.

If any of our returning owners from last year don't have plans to return, please give me a shout.
If anyone new has interest in joining GAF's longest-running fantasy football league, feel free to chime in and you'll be added to a waiting list when the new OT gets kicked off in mid-July.
Hoping to see us return to a full roster of 16 active owners again this year.

Dr.Horrible, I'm assuming everything checked out with your LeagueSafe payout as I don't see a follow-up response and never got a PM but let me know if that's not the case.

Just quickly bumping this thread to gauge interest as we near the start of yet another fantasy season.

If any of our returning owners from last year don't have plans to return, please give me a shout.
If anyone new has interest in joining GAF's longest-running fantasy football league, feel free to chime in and you'll be added to a waiting list when the new OT gets kicked off in mid-July.

Dr.Horrible, I'm assuming everything checked out with your LeagueSafe payout as I don't see a follow-up response and never got a PM but let me know if that's not the case.

Yeah, sorry, everything worked out. And consider me in for next season.

Striker

I am interested in joining if I can attend the draft! Last few years I was in a league and while it was fun, they were auto draft teams. :(

Put me on the wait list please.

I was in the other gaf league, but I'm not sure what happened.

I haven't seen or been contacted by that one yet. Dunno if it's still alive.

UberTag

I'll be kicking off the new No Quitters thread for this year's fantasy season over the weekend. Anyone that's expressed interest thus far will be added to the wait list in the order you posted.

Top Bottom