• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest for the Wicked |OT| Sleep is for the week

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
nW27cb0.gif
Developer: Moon Studios
Publisher: Private Division​
Release Date: 18 April 2024​
Platforms: Steam | Playstation 5 | Xbox
Genre: Action adventure, ARPG​
Price: $39.99 USD | £34.99 GBP | €39.99 - 10% discount on launch​

ABOUT​

ePMzEgd.gif
From Moon Studios, the award-winning developers of Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps comes No Rest for the Wicked, a visceral, precision Action RPG set to reinvent the genre.

futztfO.gif
Xmt1vEw.gif
The year is 841 – King Harol is dead. As word of his death echoes throughout the kingdom, the crown passes to his arrogant, yet untested son Magnus.

aLu8k2t.gif
5zC1BwS.gif
Even worse, the Pestilence, an unholy plague not seen for a thousand years, has returned. It sweeps across the land, corrupting everything and everyone it touches. Madrigal Seline, a ruthlessly ambitious figure in the church, sees the Pestilence as a chance to prove herself in the eyes of her god.

iz0ugKk.gif
T9Q64Ek.gif
These forces converge on the backwater Isola Sacra, where rebel groups and the provincial government fight for control amid the isle’s crumbling ruins.

IMVjxWS.gif
You are a Cerim – a member of a group of mystical holy warriors imbued with remarkable powers and sworn to defeat the Pestilence at any cost. But the task will prove increasingly challenging as you become entangled in the people’s plight and the vast political struggle of this downtrodden land. Chaos will pull you in every direction as you seek to cleanse the land of wickedness and shape the kingdom’s fate.

NRFTW_Steam_KeyFeature_EN-01.png

rX6vPUF.gif
OgMtHE7.gif
Hone combat skills with a system that challenges you to be deliberate and strategic. Battle against gruesome creatures, enemy soldiers, and punishing bosses in tense, visceral combat. Feel the weight and speed of each weapon through their own move sets. Enchant armaments with runes, craft rare armor, and create bespoke character builds that fit your playstyle.
NRFTW_Steam_KeyFeature_EN-02.png

8j4VNS3.gif
AfjmjVS.gif
Discover a mature, dark narrative on the harsh shores of Isola Sacra. Cunning rulers and ferocious rebels vie for the throne – all while an ancient plague sweeps across the land, turning its inhabitants into monstrous versions of themselves.
NRFTW_Steam_KeyFeature_EN-03.png

DDgxxg9.gif
S43HpkY.gif
Explore a painting come to life – take in the striking painterly world, meticulously built with an incredible attention to detail in a unique, ageless art style. Beauty radiates in every frame, from the dappled sunlight of the Lowland Meadows to the viscera-smeared, twisted shadows of the Nameless Pass. Each new location is home to its own people, problems, hidden treasures, and secrets to unearth.
NRFTW_Steam_KeyFeature_EN-04.png

tEKsYxi.gif
Take respite in the town of Sacrament – purchase property and decorate it to make it your own. Fish on the shores, till and harvest the land for ingredients to create meals that replenish health and boost stats. Acquaint yourself with the diverse array of vendors and townsfolk and restore Sacrament to its former glory.
NRFTW_Steam_KeyFeature_EN-05.png

Share your world and progress with up to three friends by your side in the campaign’s online co-op mode. Every quest, boss, and square foot of Isola Sacra is theirs to share with you…or they can simply venture off and do as they please.

EARLY ACCESS

SQmHNmM.jpeg

Why Early Access?​

No Rest for the Wicked is an expansive title with a wide variety of systems, features, and narratives. It is also a game that continues to be deep in development as we launch into Early Access in 2024. As our most ambitious game to date, we know that we will need your feedback to help us fine tune and build all of Wicked’s various systems and upcoming features into the best they can possibly be.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?​

“The feature roadmap shown on this page is the main outline for Early Access. We're excited about the road ahead, and we'd love to receive your suggestions and feedback. While we have an idea of how long Early Access development should be, this may change based on feedback and the desire to reach the Moon level of quality. We’ll be sharing updates along the way.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?​

The 1.0 version of No Rest for the Wicked will be a significantly expanded version of the initial Early Access release. This version will take into account player feedback throughout its time in development, and may be different from what we already have planned. Upcoming features that will be included prior to 1.0 release include:
  • Multiplayer: 4 player co-op
  • Multiplayer: PVP
  • Expanded story content and chapters
  • Additional map regions
  • Farming
  • More weapons, armor, rare items, and gear
  • New enemies and bosses
  • Additional Crucible floors, Bounties and Challenges

What is the current state of the Early Access version?​

• A rich first chapter of the narrative campaign
  • Additional quests that reveal more about the world and its inhabitants
  • Intense boss battles against plague-ridden creatures
  • A large variety of weapons, armor, skills, and crafting options
  • Gear can be upgraded, enchanted, runed and gem-ed to create your ideal character build
  • Purchasing and furnishing of a modifiable home
  • Daily and Weekly bounties and challenges
  • Replayable Cerim Crucible dungeon

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?​

We are planning on a discounted price during Early Access that will then increase once the game hits 1.0 / leaves Early Access. If you purchase during Early Access, you will not need to make an additional purchase at 1.0 release.

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?​

We are committed to taking in as much feedback as possible from the community and incorporating it into the development of No Rest for the Wicked where it makes sense. We have a section on our Forums where we encourage our community to provide feedback which can be found here: https://forum.norestforthewicked.com/
In addition to the Forums, we have an official Discord server where we’ll be having more fluid conversations with the community, which can be found here: https://discord.gg/HPCDwq5Q9x

We're thrilled to embark on this journey with you, working together to make No Rest for the Wicked one of the finest ARPGs out there.

GAMEPLAY

RECOMMENDED SPECS

mwfSxUt.jpeg

SCREENSHOTS

rjg7kNV.jpeg
1PuFQho.jpeg
lSv11Dq.jpeg
MfREXgv.jpeg
2s1UHDA.jpeg

TRAILERS

SOCIALS

Discord | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Follow the dev: https://twitter.com/TheGennadiy

yNAezBk.gif
vAuFl0E.gif

Special thanks to mortal mortal for all the help on this OT! <3​

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Never heard of this, but it looks great. Thanks for the OT

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Those requirements man... just for 1080p? Sounds like someone forgot to optimize their game. :goog_relieved:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Holy fucking shit. I just learned about this game a couple days ago. Bless you sir.

Soooooo on board for this. I thought the Ori games were the ultimate in Sad Bastard Don Bluth type game experiences, but this straight up looks fucking amazeballs.
Just be advised it's in early access and only the first chapter is playable at launch.

mortal

Gold Member
Well done on the OT!

This does look promising. No early access for me, but if the impressions are positive I'll be getting it for PS5.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've recently been really enjoying playing some 2D and isometric games with an arcade stick (ps5 compatible, has track pad and all that stuff) and I'm wondering if this game would be a candidate? Does it have any camera control or core function on the right analog? Seems like static camera from the video I watched.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I would love to play this game, but hell if I pay for an unfinished product. Hope it turns out well and all the beta testers fix the bugs for me when I do buy it on its real launch.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well they got the timing wrong on release. I am guessing it's noon like normal.

If I find a discount link, I'll post it when it's live.

geary

Is this game single player story driven or it has a meta endgame where you can grind like in ARPG Diablo style?

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Holy shit I have to give my details to Private Division and their 3rd party sales platform. I’m sticking to Steam for the buy even at $5 more. Not worth risking a data breach with two companies I don’t know.

near

Gold Member
Holy shit I have to give my details to Private Division and their 3rd party sales platform. I’m sticking to Steam for the buy even at $5 more. Not worth risking a data breach with two companies I don’t know.
I just did it, I'll just alter my details later. It is essentially a way for Moon Studios to avoid the Steam tax, and they offer a percentage to affiliates instead. I'm curious if I can buy it twice through the same link, I'll gift a code if I can.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Is this game single player story driven or it has a meta endgame where you can grind like in ARPG Diablo style?
It’s single player with pvp being added later. End game is unknown at this point

I just did it, I'll just alter my details later. It is essentially a way for Moon Studios to avoid the Steam tax, and they offer a percentage to affiliates instead. I'm curious if I can buy it twice through the same link, I'll gift a code if I can.
Already bought. No worries :)

near

Gold Member
Plus no way to get a reimbursement in case.
Yup. It's directly from the publisher, so you get a code emailed to you. What is weird tho is that when I signed up I had to link my Steam account, so I'm curious if the code that I'm sent will only work with my Steam account? Does anyone know if this is a thing?

Top Bottom