• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest for The Wicked won't have microtransaction, bundles or battle passes

Draugoth

Gold Member
We're launching into Early Access on April 18th.We invite everyone to become part of our journey so that we get data that allows us to bit by bit perfect Wicked.No Microtransactions and Battle Passes for sale. No 65$ Horse Skins. No Stash Tabs for sale either. If you wanna get more stash tabs for hour house, you just craft a bigger chest with resources you get in the world.So if you like where we're heading, tell your friends and send us feedback!

Last edited:
I didn't even know it was a live service game.

So, regular paid expansions, then?
Yea this is strange. Good news I guess, but the announcement seems to be taking a jab at other games, or maybe on the defensive side. I have this on my steamlist so hopefully things keep going good.

Kacho

Yea this is strange. Good news I guess, but the announcement seems to be taking a jab at other games, or maybe on the defensive side. I have this on my steamlist so hopefully things keep going good.
You guess it’s good news he’s designing an ARPG that won’t nickel and dime us at every opportunity?

Is it really live service? Or it just means it will keep updating during early access all the way till official release, just like all other games going this route?

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
These guys have sworn not to make money from game development. I respect that, but I think they will start complaining again soon.

Shodai

Multiplayer is probably P2P with a group of friends, etc. Maybe some simple matchmaking servers, but that's pennies in the big scheme of things. There will not be server costs anywhere near what some live service games have.

Almost certainly they will just do paid expansions.

Last edited:
One heck of a marketing pitch.

I will likely play it regardless. I need to see some previews how is this a live service game.

Fredrik

Live service? I’ve hear nothing about that. Isn’t it single player only? This is a major hype killer, I don’t play online.

Topher

Gold Member
I hope it is, I don’t play offline games anymore.

Friends GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

lol.....just kidding

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I thought it was a GaaS game, thank you for correecting me.
But why in the first place would you post this without at least checking (took me 30s, googling the name of the game and quickly read the Steam page)

So it isn't live service?
Nah it's not a GAAS, never was and never will. It's launching in early access so of course we can expect some major updates but that's normal. It's a coop a-RPG.

Uh? It's not a live service game

It doesn't have battle passes, mtxs, dlcs, etc, how is it a live service?
"Live" means that it is supported post launch beyond just patching bugs. If it is monetised or not is not necessarily part of that vague term.
Basically free life support vs paid life support.

Shodai

"Live" means that it is supported post launch beyond just patching bugs. If it is monetised or not is not necessarily part of that vague term.
Basically free life support vs paid life support.
Nonsense. So Elden Ring is live service to you?

This is not a game as a service game correct? So why the fuck is this prick again acting like he is gods gift to the games industry and comparing himself to free to play games that need monetisation?

GymWolf

I just want to know how much there is to play in the early access, is it just the 90 minutes that the streamers are playing? Or it is like a beta version of the complete game with many things missing?

Last edited:

Fredrik

Came in to say this.

Adding content to a game after launch does not make it live service
Yeah. Every game now is patched after launch, would be absurd to say that they’re live service. Is Cyberpunk live service? Forbidden West? Rift Apart? Starfield? Spider-Man 2? Rebirth?
Great that the title has been changed, shouldn’t spread misinformation like that.

Top Bottom