• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA reveals line-up for Nintendo DS/3DS [Dates, Trailers, Delays, Announcements]

Aguila

#ICONIC
It's developed by Next Level Games who have next to no experience in creating a deeper high-quality title. They've either released rather simple games such as Punch-Out and Mario Strikers, or they've created low budget games that haven't fared too well with reviewers. Be happy that Nintendo gives them some more time so that the game does not turn out like their latest console release; the team does not have too much experience.

Well, once you put it that way, I completely understand :/

If Luigis Mansion comes out this late in the US, then we won't see it in Europe as well this year.

iQtLNJUtsMiMF.gif

Damnit...first day at work to day and I love to make an entrance like that :D
On topic: Luigi's Mansion could be here earlier ( some games mentioned in the first post are already out over here )

Plus the game has, from the videos so far, been suffering some pretty apparent framerate issues. It would be good if they hammered that out.

The framerate issues seemed pretty much fixed from the E3 build. Sure there some very slight problems, but nothing most games don't already have.

TheNatural

My Member!
Pretty weak lineup, Nintendo better hope NSMB 2 can carry them, although I have a feeling Mario fatigue may be setting in as compared to the impact of the previous Mario titles.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Looking like Paper Mario and Code of Princess through the end of the year. Good news that Unchain Blades is getting a physical release; the general lack of localizations is disappointing, though. Hopefully there's at least something that wasn't on the list because it just wasn't ready to be announced.

Huh, I also see a Style Savvy game in that list. Didn't realize that Nintendo had released a Wagamama Fashion sequel on 3DS, I know the previous one did gangbusters in Japan. Unless it was a slow burn title, I assume it didn't really capture its target demographic here.

I have a feeling that the 3DS will not do as well this holiday as it did last holiday, what with news of the iPad Mini and the fact that there are no killer apps like Mario Kart or Super Mario 3D Land.

I have a feeling that the 3DS will not do as well this holiday as it did last holiday, what with news of the iPad Mini and the fact that there are no killer apps like Mario Kart or Super Mario 3D Land.

It all depends on the bundles and deals on black friday. Not doing as good as last holiday would be pretty bad for Nintendo's financial year though.

NSMB strikes me as more of a killer app than 3D Land. And one whose release date doesn't matter much.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It all depends on the bundles and deals on black friday. Not doing as good as last holiday would be pretty bad for Nintendo's financial year though.

Last Holiday was fantastic, 2.4 millions between November and December is GREAT. I think at least they'll do equal, NSMB2 and the XL impact can sustain it pretty well. And obviously bundles, we'll have plenty of them. Having both Luigi and Castlevania would have been better saleswise, sure, they would have guaranteed a 3+ million Holiday performance for sure. Now, they'll be the momentum holder with Animal Crossing at the beginning of next year, avoiding what happened this year. This is my main problem with these delays, because I have many games to pick for the end of the year for 3DS.

Foffy

Banned
Pretty weak lineup, Nintendo better hope NSMB 2 can carry them, although I have a feeling Mario fatigue may be setting in as compared to the impact of the previous Mario titles.

It doesn't help that NSMB2 looks really, really weak for a Mario game, too..

rjc571

Banned
In a perfect world, the Castlevania delay would mean that they're switching developers and completely overhauling the game engine, art style and gameplay mechanics.

Chittagong

Gold Member
What the hell, it's like they feel bad for Sony and decide to give Vita a chance. With next to nothing significant from their A teams this year, and even their big 3DS game done by a rookie B team, and the big Wii U launch game a very traditional sequel and Wii up-port, one has to wonder what exactly their top staff is doing.

In a perfect world, the Castlevania delay would mean that they're switching developers and completely overhauling the game engine, art style and gameplay mechanics.

I wish we had both.

I don't mind Mercury Steam's vision of Castlevania. I just wish we were getting another IGAvanian as well. A SOTN-like game with Mighty Switch Force-level 3D would be orgasm-inducing.

Boney

Banned
Plus the game has, from the videos so far, been suffering some pretty apparent framerate issues. It would be good if they hammered that out.

Weren't those like the TGS'11 trailers that had bad framerate?

Latest footage I saw during the XL blowout looked fine honestly.

And delaying Castlevania to 2013 is just as dumb as letting RE:R slip into 2012.

I wish we had both.

I don't mind Mercury Steam's vision of Castlevania. I just wish we were getting another IGAvanian as well. A SOTN-like game with Mighty Switch Force-level 3D would be orgasm-inducing.
So a boring but good looking game?

kapow

Platy

OP makes it look like that Zelda 2 will be a 3d Classic .... but will be just a virtual console, right ? =/

And count me in the YAY Fluidity ! =D
Hope it sells more than the Wiiware counterpart =3

Foffy

Banned
Weren't those like the TGS'11 trailers that had bad framerate?

Latest footage I saw during the XL blowout looked fine honestly.

And delaying Castlevania to 2013 is just as dumb as letting RE:R slip into 2012.

Mirror of Fate was announced this year. All of the footage of the game emphasizes the poor framerate. Granted, it only happens in combat, but that is THE place you don't want it to turn into a chunky slideshow.

Boney

Banned
Mirror of Fate was announced this year. All of the footage of the game emphasizes the poor framerate. Granted, it only happens in combat, but that is THE place you don't want it to turn into a chunky slideshow.

Oh I was thinking Luigi's Mansion

edit: I'm pretty sure we're talking about LM

edit 2: unless I can't read

edit 3: and that may very well be the case

What the hell, it's like they feel bad for Sony and decide to give Vita a chance. With next to nothing significant from their A teams this year, and even their big 3DS game done by a rookie B team, and the big Wii U launch game a very traditional sequel and Wii up-port, one has to wonder what exactly their top staff is doing.

What are you talking about? One of their top teams is EAD 4 which is making both Pikmin 3 and NSMBU. Just because Pikmin 3 was moved from the Wii doesn't mean their top people aren't working on it. If you're talking EA3 (Zelda) they just finished Skyward Sword. EAD Tokyo's bigger team will probably have a Wii U game for next year. Monolith and Retro probably will as well. What top talent are you talking about exactly that haven't released anything? Intelligent Systems is one of Nintendo's top studios and is releasing Paper Mario.

I agree the lineup is certainly lacking, but it's more of a scheduling issue rather than a no direction issue.

nasos_333

Any word on a possible Bravely Default release in US ?

That would be one of my most anticipated games of all time, not just on 3DS

If they dont bring it outside Japan, will be creating one of the most frustrating situation in the history of gaming for me

tuffy

Any word on a possible Bravely Default release in US ?

That would be one of my most anticipated games of all time, not just on 3DS
No word yet. We probably won't hear anything until after it comes out in Japan, but I think a 2013 release is likely.

Vitacat

That release list is disconcerting... I never bought a 3DS, and I was thinking of getting a 3DS XL. But its support doesn't seem much better than Sony with the Vita (which I also do not yet own, and may never own).

I really wanted to get into one of the new handhelds, but I'm not seeing the sort of software support I'd want for either 3Ds or Vita yet. At least not in the USA.

Meanwhile, as NOA and Sony fritter away the time, I'm using my iPad more and more for games, and slowly learning to barely tolerate touch controls for action games. Nintendo, Sony... is that what you really want to happen? Please, give me a reason to buy your damn handhelds. It's called software support.

Thoraxes

Well it's a good lineup for me, but honestly smh at Picross and Luigi's Mansion.

smh.

I'm still in for Paper Mario (which I don't think is going to sell well as Nintendo's holiday 3DS title), Harvest Moon, and VLR.

I'm actually buying more games for the Vita and Wii U this holiday season :/

NateDrake

What does Nintendo of America have to do with this. NCL is certainly the ones that probably called the shots on both Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 2.

Likely that because October looks pretty full with Nintendo releases for 3DS, Nintendo didn't want to launch Luigi in Nov with the Wii U, so they delay it and wait for a Feb/March release or something.

Remember, Nintendo sits on completed games until they see a good opening to release them.

Barakov

Finally, a date for Sticker Star. Pretty bummed that Luigi's Mansion 2 won't make it this year.

I'm hoping that the framerate in Castlevania will improve by the time it comes out but I'm not holding my breath.

JazzmanZ

Likely that because October looks pretty full with Nintendo releases for 3DS, Nintendo didn't want to launch Luigi in Nov with the Wii U, so they delay it and wait for a Feb/March release or something.

Remember, Nintendo sits on completed games until they see a good opening to release them.

you mean like pikmin 2 new play control?

Boney

Banned
What does Nintendo of America have to do with this. NCL is certainly the ones that probably called the shots on both Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 2.

I'm totally picturing that comic about "we should release a good sonic game!" and the other dude saying no, but instead like, we should release lots of games in america so sales pick up and iwata going all evil saying no

Don't worry guys I'm sure The Last Window, Trace Memory 2, Captain Rainbow, Tingle DS, Disaster Day of Crisis, Chronos Twins, Pandora's Tower and Fire Emblem are still coming it's just delayed to next year.

jrDev

Eh, does Nintendo really think only Paper Mario and Layton from their stable is going to help drive sales alot?

Drago

Also, NoA is constantly disappointing with the eShop, as far as VC and Picross goes.

I just got Picross DS, so I'm not too concerned about ePicross (unless it never comes out over her) but NoA is falling so far behind on VC... the last two weeks were barren wastelands where they easily could have released some VC games to catch up some more to EU and JP, but nope. The 3DSWare side of things is fine, but the lack of anything VC is really starting to piss me off. July was starting to rectify this, but it just came to a screeching halt once August started. Zelda 2 and WL2 in Q4... why not just release the damn games now?!?

Sorry for the (slightly off topic) rant but I needed to get this off my chest

Zornica

Banned
For those asking about Animal Crossing, I'm fairly confident Nintendo is preparing a Wii U version that allows for crossplay and the 3DS version is being delayed until the Wii U version is ready.

I have absolutely zero inside sources for this. Just a gut feeling that's why we haven't seen hardly anything about it in the states since last E3.

I don't think there would be a wiiu version, but I could see a strong miiverse integration as a crutial point for holding it back.

reading through this thread sure is depressing... not because of the supposed lack of games, but because of those great 3rd party titles nearly everyone seems to ignore. Why is that? Why is everyone so keen on buying nintendo games and touching 3rd party stuff with rubbergloves.
out of those 13 games, I'd be at least interessted in 9 of them, and would love to buy all of them if I had enough money to do so.
Code of Princess
Adventure Time
Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Fluidity: Spin Cycle
Wario Land II
Unchained Blades
999: Virtue's Last Reward

I wonder if people are afraid of leaving a well known path of brands and developers and aren't interessted in experimenting with new stuff, or are those titles just not known well enough.
I've been reading gaf threads to nearly all of those "niche" games, and there, everyone seemed to like, most even loved, them.
I don't get the complaining about "not enough" 3rd party games when noone seems to be willing to actually buy them.

Top Bottom