• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA reveals line-up for Nintendo DS/3DS [Dates, Trailers, Delays, Announcements]

I don't think there would be a wiiu version, but I could see a strong miiverse integration as a crutial point for holding it back.

reading through this thread sure is depressing... not because of the supposed lack of games, but because of those great 3rd party titles nearly everyone seems to ignore. Why is that? Why is everyone so keen on buying nintendo games and touching 3rd party stuff with rubbergloves.
out of those 13 games, I'd be at least interessted in 9 of them, and would love to buy all of them if I had enough money to do so.

I wonder if people are afraid of leaving a well known path of brands and developers and aren't interessted in experimenting with new stuff, or are those titles just not known well enough.
I've been reading gaf threads to nearly all of those "niche" games, and there, everyone seemed to like, most even loved, them.
I don't get the complaining about "not enough" 3rd party games when noone seems to be willing to actually buy them.

I might be interested in Code of Princess, Epic Mickey, and Adventure Time depending on reviews, but these aren't really the kind of 3rd party games I want on the system. I'm not really a fan of Mickey or Adventure Time and I'm only interested in Code of Princess because it's from the Guardian Heroes people. I'm not exactly rushing down to GS to pre-order any of those. Where are the heavy hitters we saw on DS? Where are Capcom, Square-Enix, Namco, or even Konami in that list of 3DS games?

Oh, and I guess I might be interested in Sonic All-Stars Racing, but we haven't even seen the 3DS version and there's going to be a Wii U version anyway.

Meh, so instead of getting three more 3DS games this month, I'm getting two. Works for me

Delay Luigi's Mansion until Halloween 2013 :p

Dartastic

Kinda surprised about the Luigi's Mansion delay. I talked to someone who was working on it at E3, and he was super happy with Nintendo and the amount of time they were given. They felt like they had more than enough time to polish it. Maybe it's a delay just to give Nintendo something in 2013?

Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon will now be available in the first half of 2013 in the Americas.

iryZxW47dfHQh.gif

Vitacat

For me it's because games are expensive, and I want my money to go where I feel I'm sure I'll get my money's worth. Hate to say this, but for niche/indy/experimental games I tend to go to iOS. $1-$5 iOS vs. $20-$40 on 3DS. Tough games market these days.

I don't think there would be a wiiu version, but I could see a strong miiverse integration as a crutial point for holding it back.

reading through this thread sure is depressing... not because of the supposed lack of games, but because of those great 3rd party titles nearly everyone seems to ignore. Why is that? Why is everyone so keen on buying nintendo games and touching 3rd party stuff with rubbergloves.
out of those 13 games, I'd be at least interessted in 9 of them, and would love to buy all of them if I had enough money to do so.

I wonder if people are afraid of leaving a well known path of brands and developers and aren't interessted in experimenting with new stuff, or are those titles just not known well enough.
I've been reading gaf threads to nearly all of those "niche" games, and there, everyone seemed to like, most even loved, them.
I don't get the complaining about "not enough" 3rd party games when noone seems to be willing to actually buy them.

Tookay

Kinda surprised about the Luigi's Mansion delay. I talked to someone who was working on it at E3, and he was super happy with Nintendo and the amount of time they were given. They felt like they had more than enough time to polish it. Maybe it's a delay just to give Nintendo something in 2013?

Bingo.

Wouldn't be surprised if Paper Mario and Animal Crossing were much the same way.

Anth0ny

Precisely.

I'm certain Pikmin 3 and P-100 will receive the same treatment. Wii U needs some games before June 2013.

18-Volt

Maximum Games? Storm City? Will somebody please kill them?

I have never seen such a bad second half from Nintendo. Just one actual game? One? Really? Come on, Nintendo, we're not your step sons. We deserve games as much as Japan does. Is it too much to ask Calciobit or Culdcept localizations?

Platy

Did they said anything about digital relase of the games ?

Is it safe to assume that most of those will have digital versions like New Super Mario Bros 2, right ?

MarkusRJR

Buying Zero Escape, Professor Layton 5, Pokemon B2/W2, Adventure Time, Paper Mario, NSMB2, and Art Academy. This is going to be such a busy holiday season for games, especially if I end up picking up a Wii U.

Chatin

Disappointing list. Layton, Paper Mario, and Zero Escape will be my purchases.

Would like to know why most of the Japanese support isn't coming over here. I don't want to play Scribblenauts or Art Academy.

mozfan12

Banned
Bummer, looks like they are simply trickling out releases. Whats worse is that their e shop release schedule could make up for it, but even that is dissapointing. What was all that talk about nintendo giving more attention to digital?

Bummer, looks like they are simply trickling out releases. Whats worse is that their e shop release schedule could make up for it, but even that is dissapointing. What was all that talk about nintendo giving more attention to digital?

Just for retail games. NoA just doesn't give a shit, and it's apparently when they have to go 8 bit Summer for a month just to give us a flow of anything on its digital store.

Like the list, dunno why some are butthurt. Get over it! BW2, Epic Mickey, Paper Mario, 999: Virtue's Last Reward, code of princess and harvest<3

Roto13

Like the list, dunno why some are butthurt. Get over it! BW2, Epic Mickey, Paper Mario, 999: Virtue's Last Reward, code of princess and harvest<3

Seriously, there's New Super Mario Bros., Paper Mario, Pokemon, and a sequel to 999. Those are four games I absolutely have to buy or I will never be happy. And, of course, there's other stuff there I'll probably buy as well.

Sandfox

Pokemon
Layton
Harvest Moon
Paper Mario
Zero Escape
Code of Princess

as well as the games I still haven't picked up from earlier in the year like Kid Icarus makes me pretty satisfied for the rest of the year.

They should bump up Fire Emblem to take Luigi's place. Nothing against Art Academy, Style Savvy, Crosswords or Freakyforms, but Nintendo could really use at least 4 core friendly 3DS releases for the rest of 2012.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I have never seen such a bad second half from Nintendo. Just one actual game? One? Really? Come on, Nintendo, we're not your step sons. We deserve games as much as Japan does. Is it too much to ask Calciobit or Culdcept localizations?

Er, where are you getting the "One Actual Game" thing from? I'm seeing Paper Mario, Layton, and New Super Mario Bros. 2, plus a variety of third party titles.

Okay, now Nintendo's just trolling. At around the one minute mark in the crosswords game they have a list of words which include Earthbound, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, Arwing, etc. i found that funny.

Both Art Academy and crosswords look good. I hope crosswords is a eShop game or $20. I'm pretty sure Art Academy is full price everytwhere else but with all the art lessons that seems fine.

Why does the youtube icon say eShop yet the pr saysretail? Lol. Make up your minds Nintendo.

...it has to be retail since its launching the same day as Art Academy which I'll assume is not a Thursday.

Speaking of, the fuck? Nintendo releasing two retail/original games the same day? Is that a first ever besides a launch? Seems kinda weird, like they are both sent to die because of the other one lolz.

Overall, this is a good lineup imo. Due to limited money this is what I'll know I am getting day one:

NSMB2
Wario Land 2
Cave Story
Probably one-three more eShop purchases that are coming or are already out.
...999-2...

It would be more but like I said, limited money thanks to WiiU plans. I might get one more, depending on WiiUs launch lineup. Wish the would reveal it already with a price and launch date. I can't even plan my money thanks to Nintendo.

Games I know I will be getting at a later day:
Art Academy (Will probably get this if I have enough money.)
Paper Mario (Too many RPGS right now. Might get one with a 3DS XL sometime next year, when they release a color thats not black. It just better not be a limited edition Holiday bundle!)
Fluidity (Wanna beat the first one first.)
Both Pokemon Apps
Pokemon B&W2 (Again too many RPGs + Wanna keep catching them in my current games for now.)
Layton 5 (Just finished the 4th one and wanna wait awhile.)
Epic Mickey (Its coming out on what is likely the WiiU launch date lol)

Don't get how anyone would think this line up is bad. Theres only two games delayed not like it was all jeez.

18-Volt

Er, where are you getting the "One Actual Game" thing from? I'm seeing Paper Mario, Layton, and New Super Mario Bros. 2, plus a variety of third party titles.
Ok, I should have said "One AAA Game" and yes, there is Layton too, that makes 2 of them. NSMB2 release is just 5 days away and I'm talking about fall. Paper Mario, Layton and... Code of Princess hasn't been announced for Europe yet, Castlevania is delayed, Art Academy and Freakyforms are already released and 999 sequel is also coming to Vita (the version I'll choose). That leaves us with just 2 games for entire fall.

Maximum Games? Storm City? Will somebody please kill them?

You missed 2008 Wii's second half. Have fun with Wii Music and Animal Crossing!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ok, I should have said "One AAA Game" and yes, there is Layton too, that makes 2 of them. NSMB2 release is just 5 days away and I'm talking about fall. Paper Mario, Layton and... Code of Princess hasn't been announced for Europe yet, Castlevania is delayed, Art Academy and Freakyforms are already released and 999 sequel is also coming to Vita (the version I'll choose). That leaves us with just 2 games for entire fall.

Ah. See, you said "second half", so I assumed you meant the second half...

Obviously some things I really want are still missing, but I think there is still a lot to be excited about.

Layton, Zero Escape, Paper Mario, Code of Princess, Adventure Time, etc. I'll probably get Style Savvy too since there's menswear this time. October is gonna be expensive. :/

I see Unchained Blades is listed twice, in the 3DS and eShop category. Does that mean the 3DS version is getting a retail release in the US?

iammeiam

Losing Luigi's Mansion doesn't hurt me too much since it's buy slot is basically being replaced with Style Savvy (I will win all the fashion shows!), and I'm just hugely relieved that it wasn't Paper Mario again.

Here's hoping that somebody somewhere gives Style Savvy some exposure; I know it's not going to be huge with the hardcore market, but it'd be nice if it got enough name recognition people could differentiate it from the Bratz & Imagine shovelware fashion games coming out in October.

So torn between picking up an XL at release, and holding off in hopes they do a Paper Mario/3DS XL Black Friday bundle.

What games have Nintendo actually developed for the 3DS since its launch?
I don't think it's many and with a lack of internally developed titles on the horizon it does make you wonder just what the hell they're doing.
Hopefully pumping all resources into the Mii-Universe thing to make it the best online structure ever.

What games have Nintendo actually developed for the 3DS since its launch?
I don't think it's many and with a lack of internally developed titles on the horizon it does make you wonder just what the hell they're doing.
Hopefully pumping all resources into the Mii-Universe thing to make it the best online structure ever.
Just Nintendogs+cats, Super Mario 3D Land (EAD Tokyo) and Mario Kart 7 (Kyoto+Retro Studios). Wow.

Star Fox 64 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kid Icarus Uprising, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Paper Mario: Sticker Star were co-developed with external teams.

AntMurda

Just Nintendogs+cats, Super Mario 3D Land (EAD Tokyo) and Mario Kart 7 (Retro Studios). Wow.

Mario Kart 7 was developed by EAD Kyoto. Look at the credits. Like 15 programmers all from EAD. Retro was brought in to assist in the art/animation/modeling department and mainly worked on the retro tracks.

Star Fox 64 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kid Icarus Uprising, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Paper Mario: Sticker Star were co-developed with external teams.

NSMBS 2 was developed inhouse!

Mario Kart 7 was developed by EAD Kyoto. Look at the credits. Like 15 programmers all from EAD. Retro was brought in to assist in the art/animation/modeling department and mainly worked on the retro tracks.

NSMBS 2 was developed inhouse!

I edited the Mario Kart 7 before you posted. :p And to my knowledge, I recall Miyamoto mentioning that a different team worked on it. Regardless, it's still not the regular team and it's a "n00b" team.

AntMurda

I edited the Mario Kart 7 before you posted. :p And to my knowledge, I recall Miyamoto mentioning that a different team worked on it. Regardless, it's still not the regular team and it's a "n00b" team.

Well its not a big deal at all. Just a few level designers are from Nintendo SPD, and a few graphic designers are from EAD Tokyo. The main team is pretty much the same guys from NSMB DS. Oh and that was Tezuka who mentioned it =P

Well its not a big deal at all. Just a few level designers are from Nintendo SPD, and a few graphic designers are from EAD Tokyo. The main team is pretty much the same guys from NSMB DS. Oh and that was Tezuka who mentioned it =P

Still, the large majority of Nintendo published titles aren't first party developed. :p

JordanN

Banned
With a weak lineup like this for an entire year, I guess both handhelds deserve to fail. WTF are Sony and Nintendo doing?
Letting the fanboys get the better of them.

No seriously, with no direct pressure for their actions, they'll continue to pull this crap. The fact a mainline Pokemon is releasing 2 years into a next gen handheld's life and not on it is downright pathetic.

And I don't care how many DS owners there are, your fault for not making the upgrade like me.

Top Bottom