• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody is playing titanfall.

I thought this game would have some legs to it, and as I just got an xb1 recently, I finally picked it up.

It is a really fun game and I enjoy it more on xb1 than when I played it on PC. It seemed like mouse aiming made the game a little to easy to kill and be killed for how open the environments are.

The problem is that as of right now the only modes with more than 1000 players are attrition and the new defense mode.

Worse yet is most of the other playlists are 200-400 players.

And in the expedition and frontiers edge playlists there are only 20-30 players..

Is this game's community on life support? I can see myself putting this in occasionally and having a blast but with such low numbers I am certainly not likely to buy any map packs. I worry about finding a game a year or two from now.

Edit: these are worldwide numbers, not the server I'm on.

I just played the PC version, its worse, much worse... Hard Point had 40 players or so, the first two expansion packs had 0. A few hundred in Attrition and the new horde mode.

legacyzero

Banned
I feel the game launch with half the content that it could have. Great game, and super fun. No sure why else it would have died like it did.

DocSeuss

There's like ~1000~ people on the PC Defense thing last I checked. I love playing it, but being able to do stuff like pick maps, own the game on Steam, and stuff like that really hurts it.

Hyunkel6

I played the shit out of it for the first month. It's still my favorite competitive FPS ever after MW2.

It was obvious that it was going to die quickly though. Lack of diversity and variety.

I sold it a long time ago, but you can bet I'll buy the next iteration on Day 1.

There isn't much to keep you there. The core game is fun, but it seems rather pointless. Nobody chats and it is just a giant free for all.

The core gameplay is amazing, but there isn't enough there to warrant more play time.

Hip Hop

Just checked it out on PC.

there is only 1 person playing on DLC maps.

This is why I usually stay away from DLC map packs unless is something popular like Call of Duty on consoles. Like these people, they can't use what they paid for.

Allforce

I thought this game would have some legs to it, and as I just got an xb1 recently, I finally picked it up.

It is a really fun game and I enjoy it more on xb1 than when I played it on PC. It seemed like mouse aiming made the game a little to easy to kill and be killed for how open the environments are.

The problem is that as of right now the only modes with more than 1000 players are attrition and the new defense mode.

Worse yet is most of the other playlists are 200-400 players.

And in the expedition and frontiers edge playlists there are only 20-30 players..

Is this game's community on life support? I can see myself putting this in occasionally and having a blast but with such low numbers I am certainly not likely to buy any map packs. I worry about finding a game a year or two from now.

Edit: these are worldwide numbers, not the server I'm on.

I just got off on XBO about 20 minutes ago. There were 2500 in my region (US Midwest), and like 2900 worldwide.

Something isn't right on your end.

Tiktaalik

That really surprises me. I only played a few hours at a friends house around launch but it seemed like a solid multiplayer game.

Card Boy

Banned
I just got off on XBO about 20 minutes ago. There were 2500 in my region (US Midwest), and like 2900 worldwide.

Indie games like Awesomenauts have more players. 2900 WW is pitiful and PC version is dead as fuck. It died like a month after launch.

Allforce

I just checked again on XBO

FD - 3218 WW
Attrition - 2875 WW
Hard Point - 306 WW
CTF - 320 WW
LTS - 248 WW
MFD - 135 WW
Pilot Hunter - 223 WW
Variety - 168 WW
Campaign - 562 WW

The DLC map packs all have less than 75 players WW.

It's not dead but it's not COD/BF/Halo numbers. More than enough players on to get a match going at all times.

The game is technically sound and a lot of fun it just suffered big time from being on the 2 limpest platforms out there, Origin and XBO.

MrDaravon

That can't be right? Last Friday night there were ~16000 people on Modern Warfare 3 for Xbox 360. I could maaaaybe see Titanfall numbers that low on other platforms, but not on X1.

Bessy67

I really enjoyed the game but IMO it just lacked enough content to give it legs. Then add to that paid map packs that split the community and it's really not that surprising that most people have moved on. If it released in its current state it might have been a different story. I just hope that they still make a Titanfall 2 because the core gameplay is really good, it just needs to be part of a more complete package.

Chris1

There's 8k on Titanfall xbox one right now, 6k of them are on attrition/frontier defence but FD is just new so it makes sense that a lot of people are playing that.

Less players than I thought there would be sure, but it's not like I have any problem finding matches. The DLC playlists are dead though, they really need to put the season pass on sale or something

There's 16k on Titanfall xbox one right now, 6k of them are on attrition/frontier defence but FD is just new so it makes sense that a lot of people are playing that.

Less players than I thought there would be sure, but it's not like I have any problem finding matches. The DLC playlists are dead though, they really need to put the season pass on sale or something

Only attrition and defense have more than 1000 players, like I said.

There's 16k on Titanfall xbox one right now, 6k of them are on attrition/frontier defence but FD is just new so it makes sense that a lot of people are playing that.

Nice. 7k last night around 9 cst. 16k is good for sure.

Edit: 8809 currently.

turcy

yup, numbers are pretty darn low.

i play every night [more or less], and can confirm it's always the same fuckers on the us west server.

I just checked again on XBO

FD - 3218 WW
Attrition - 2875 WW
Hard Point - 306 WW
CTF - 320 WW
LTS - 248 WW
MFD - 135 WW
Pilot Hunter - 223 WW
Variety - 168 WW
Campaign - 562 WW

The DLC map packs all have less than 75 players WW.

It's not dead but it's not COD/BF/Halo numbers. More than enough players on to get a match going at all times.

The game is technically sound and a lot of fun it just suffered big time from being on the 2 limpest platforms out there, Origin and XBO.

Totals up to about 8000

So which is it?

Zareka

Game is amazing, it just had next to no content at launch. If they crank out a sequel with a ton more content, I think it'd fare waaaaaaay better, providing the first hasn't tainted the brand at all (I don't think it has).

ethomaz

Banned
Anybody expected big numbers after Destiny's launch?

I need to tell a secret
it will be worst after CoD and MCC launch

Allforce

Totals up to about 8000

So which is it?

I took the numbers right off the screen, I'm sitting right here. I refreshed after he posted, it's still around what I posted.

I have no idea how their "datacenters" work, so I posted the WW numbers. Like I don't get how there's 2619 "Players In Your Region" (US North Central is mine) and then 2975 "Players Worldwife". Is that not accounting for US West or US East, or South Central, North Europe. West Europe. Brazil, etc.? There HAS to be more than 300 motherfuckers playing on US West at 12 PM on a Friday night, ESPECIALLY when you're looking at almost 2700 in North Central alone!

The numbers of wonky somehow, we're not getting the whole picture clearly because of how everyone in this thread is reporting different stuff.

If that's correct then the rest of the world only has 400 players.

-

I'm still playing on xbone... games are taking longer to get into, but I haven't noticed a huge population drop. Admittedly I've not been looking for it.

Lag seems to have increased, I wonder if they've been condensing some of the server numbers?

Chris1

Totals up to about 8000

So which is it?
It's 8k.. My bad. I was adding it up as I went down the list in windows calculator and hit enter again at the end of the calculation which doubled the actual number.

I have edited my post, my numbers are similar to Allforce's

BTM

Hopefully I can get a few more games in before MCC takes over my life. Titanfall is a great game, if only it had a little more content.

I took the numbers right off the screen, I'm sitting right here. I refreshed after he posted, it's still around what I posted.

I have no idea how their "datacenters" work, so I posted the WW numbers. Like I don't get how there's 2619 "Players In Your Region" (US North Central is mine) and then 2975 "Players Worldwife". Is that not accounting for US West or US East, or South Central, North Europe. West Europe. Brazil, etc.? There HAS to be more than 300 motherfuckers playing on US West at 12 PM on a Friday night, ESPECIALLY when you're looking at almost 2700 in North Central alone!

The numbers of wonky somehow, we're not getting the whole picture clearly because of how everyone in this thread is reporting different stuff.

Yeah sorry didn't mean to sound aggressive or anything, was just confused. I had actually thought yours looked more reasonable considering you put the time in to dictate each modes numbers

And yeah not sure what's going on with the regional player count then as that sounds odd

It's 8k.. My bad. I was adding it up as I went down the list in windows calculator and hit enter again at the end of the calculation which doubled the actual number.

I have edited my post, my numbers are similar to Allforce's

no worries. I was just legitimately confused by it is all and as Vernia's corrected me on it's closer to 9k

Top Bottom