• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura Says Final Fantasy VII Remake & Kingdom Hearts IIIs Releases Still A Ways Off

So now you personally hate the guy?

Yes. I mean, the man is clearly insane. I tried to follow the series but the names of the games got so confusing I couldn't bother. Like, at first I thought 2.8 was KH2 (the only somewhat decent game in the series) remake but then someone told me it has nothing to do with 2 so why would you name it that?

Kain

Yes. I mean, the man is clearly insane. I tried to follow the series but the names of the games got so confusing I couldn't bother. Like, at first I thought 2.8 was KH2 (the only somewhat decent game in the series) remake but then someone told me it has nothing to do with 2 so why would you name it that?

Embrace the chaos my man. Let go.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

eh...are you still on the names?

Eh, I don't mind waiting, at least for KH3. I enjoy the games more often than not, and I'd be pretty surprised if it ended up being ass.

Not even gonna touch the Nomura discussion, though. I don't worship or despise the guy, but I do tend to enjoy the projects he has a hand in.

So now you personally hate the guy?

looooooool

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Frank's joking around doing some kind of parody lol... He gives Nomura and SE shit but loves KH.

Well i obviously am too wound up right now, so i'm going to take a breather and hopefully stop embarrassing myself now

DKHF

Remember folks, Nomura not showing up at the January 31 event doesn't really mean that much in terms of FFVIIR being shown. He doesn't like presenting in front of large crowds/audiences and Shinji Hashimoto (exec producer of FFVIIR) is hosting the event and he introduced the E3 2015 KH3 (which he has the same position on) trailer...

Mediking

Remember folks, Nomura not showing up at the January 31 event doesn't really mean that much in terms of FFVIIR being shown. He doesn't like presenting in front of large crowds/audiences and Shinji Hashimoto (exec producer of FFVIIR) is hosting the event and he introduced the E3 2015 KH3 (which he has the same position on) trailer...

Time to reveal Tifa and Kairi.

Yup.

He wasn't even at E3 2013, right?

I'm glad I have no investment in either of these titles. But for those that do, maybe something at least about the Remake gets shown off at the 30th anniversary event? Though that might be asking for too much.

This really is deja vu from the Versus XIII years.

I look back at that E3 at those two moments and the me now would've just stared at the screen in anger compared to the naive excited me 4 years ago.

Well 15 turned out alright I like it so here's hoping kh3 does too

Gbraga

Literally 85% of the interview these quotes are taken from is an indepth interview about 0.2 and 2.8. He spends a shitload of time talking about games from their gameplay mechanics to story once we've actually seen them. It's just once again the same pointless questions about KH3 and FFVII that journalists have to throw in that get blown out of proportion over everything else.

Really? I'm sorry then. Anywhere I can read the whole thing in english?

Stop. �� Letting. �� Nomura. �� Direct. �� Games. ��

He's amazing, they should continue to let him direct games.

Maybe stop giving him as much shit to work on as they do, and just let him direct a single project to put all of his focus on, that I can't argue against.

DKHF

Really? I'm sorry then. Anywhere I can read the whole thing in english?
The 2.8 section hasn't surfaced online yet, all that has been posted online from the leaks is the questions about KH3 and FFVIIR. There will be translations of the whole thing in the next few days once Famitsu has officially been released.

NateDog

I think the big worry I have for KHIII is that it's one of the last big titles from Square that was announced in this awkward (or downright "bad") period of about 10 years.

Can someone elaborate on these rumours / comments regarding the Osaka team and issues they've had due to lack of experience with HD projects? I think I must have missed that.

jimmypython

You hate the guy that had to clean up after Nomura's mess.... this is sad.

I'm not sure why anyone would think highly of Nomura as a director. He's done nothing but cookie cutter KH games for 15 years... and I'll tell ya, in 2001 when the KH formula was new, it wasn't that great to begin with. This is a very limited creator based on his track record.

Worship his art maybe, but as a director, he deserves no reverence yet. Where he stands with me after following Square for decades is that he has yet to deliver one great masterpiece worthy of all his hype. I'll wait and see on VIIR but I see no reason to front-load praise on him.

Nomura directed KH, KH2, and still has directing roles for other KH titles.

Also, FF7 was based on the story concept by Nomura. Not to mention numerous titles for which Nomura served as creative director/producer, TWEWY, Dissidia, WoFF, to name a few.

Tabata directed BCFF7, CCFF7, T3B, Type-0 and FFXV, ALL of which were based on Nomura's creative ideas, hence the title "creative producer", and "original concept" in the case of FFXV.

Not to argue with you, just state some facts.

mortal

Gold Member
You guys keep shit posting about Nomura ignoring the fact that Tai yasue is hands on directing KH3 while Nomura is directing FF7R(with Kitase overseeing) with CC2 and a smaller subset of SE staff.

Nomura is not literally responsible for both titles, he is overseeing Osaka team and making sure they are on the right track according to his expectations, but only in a hands off basis.

I get you hate Nomura and generally have an anti cult of personality surrounding him, but its almost every post getting the entire situation wrong.

He is not to blame for every game taking a long time to make in the world. Sometimes, get this, games just take a while to make regardless.

I wish people would friggen understand that. Seriously its almost comical
I agree. Quite a few posters on Gaf seem to have a really crude and super simplified perception of game development. As if one flips couple of switches...and viola a game is made.

Rising_Hei

I agree. Quite a few posters on Gaf seem to have a really crude and super simplified perception of game development. As if one flips couple of switches...and viola a game is made.

It's always easier to simplify what you don't understand, it's good to always see some people around over here that does know and tries to educate them (it's usually very informative and one of the reason why i love this forum).

doemaaan

It's so weird that people used to "joke" about KH3 releasing in 2020. It's unbelievable that this might actually become a reality.

Byvar

Guys - there's something about KH2.8 that may point to a 2.9 being in development, releasing before KH3...
Perhaps this deserves its own thread, but I didn't make one since pretty much everything in this is spoilerific and can be interpreted in various ways.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 !!!
In Theater mode, the secret ending is apparently called "2.9 The first vol.". You can find it on YouTube if you search for it, so I won't link to it here. I also won't spoil anything irrelevant for this discussion, but in it, you see Riku and Mickey going somewhere together, Kairi going somewhere else, and finally Sora, Donald and Goofy setting off in a beautifully rendered gummi ship toward - and Sora explicitly says the name of the world - Olympus. With the name of the secret ending and Sora mentioning the name of the place they're headed to, I believe there might be another small game, or a DLC (didn't the Japanese KH2.8 website mention DLC?), or a demo for KH3 coming that's set in Olympus Coliseum & Mount Olympus. If this was simply leading into KH3, I don't think they would have done either of those things.

Also, based on this interview, it seems Nomura was hinting at this:

- In [KH0.2], there's a scene where Sora and friends make an appearance. Is this such a scene that's crossed over into the KH3 realm?
Nomura: We may put that episode into [KHIII] as a sort of digest, but the only place you will see it in fine detail is in [KH0.2]. If you check it's chapter name in the Theatre Mode, you will understand it's purpose.

And finally, this theory fits with the Kingdom Hearts 2.9 LinkedIn update that said it would feature Attraction Flow (something only Sora will be able to access AFAIK).

If this is true though, I'm betting that this is what they're doing for KH's 15th anniversary, and KH3 is (hopefully) next and not too far off from that point.

edit > Quoted the spoiler so that you won't see it when quoting this post.

Lnds500

Guys - there's something about KH2.8 that may point to a 2.9 being in development, releasing before KH3...
Perhaps this deserves its own thread, but I didn't make one since pretty much everything in this is spoilerific and can be interpreted in various ways.

In Theater mode, the secret ending is apparently called "2.9 The first vol.". You can find it on YouTube if you search for it, so I won't link to it here. I also won't spoil anything irrelevant for this discussion, but in it, you see Riku and Mickey going somewhere together, Kairi going somewhere else, and finally Sora, Donald and Goofy setting off in a beautifully rendered gummi ship toward - and Sora explicitly says the name of the world - Olympus. With the name of the secret ending and Sora mentioning the name of the place they're headed to, I believe there might be another small game, or a DLC (didn't the Japanese KH2.8 website mention DLC?), or a demo for KH3 coming that's set in Olympus Coliseum & Mount Olympus. If this was simply leading into KH3, I don't think they would have done either of those things.

Also, based on this interview, it seems Nomura was hinting at this:

- In [KH0.2], there's a scene where Sora and friends make an appearance. Is this such a scene that's crossed over into the KH3 realm?
Nomura: We may put that episode into [KHIII] as a sort of digest, but the only place you will see it in fine detail is in [KH0.2]. If you check it's chapter name in the Theatre Mode, you will understand it's purpose.

And finally, this theory fits with the Kingdom Hearts 2.9 LinkedIn update that said it would feature Attraction Flow (something only Sora will be able to access AFAIK).

If this is true though, I'm betting that this is what they're doing for KH's 15th anniversary, and KH3 is (hopefully) next and not too far off from that point.

Why are you doing this to me... MUST NOT READ THE SPOILER

Opa-Pa

It's so weird that people used to "joke" about KH3 releasing in 2020. It's unbelievable that this might actually become a reality.

I dunno if unbelievable at this point, but definitely pretty pathetic.

You can make up all the excuses you want for SE, but no one is giving them shit for taking their time, what gets people mad is that they keep announcing games before they even start production. And this has brought them so much trouble in the past that it's plain bizarre that they keep doing it.

Embarrassing.

Even without reading those spoilers I know that if Nomura can make another filler title before KH3 releases, he will.

Maybe we get another Pokemon clone for the Switch.

KiraXD

Are there others on board with a FFXV combat system in FFVII:re (but change the "Techniques" to "Change Character") complete with the wait-mode?

I love it... i know some hate it... but....

Are there others on board with a FFXV combat system in FFVII:re (but change the "Techniques" to "Change Character") complete with the wait-mode?

I love it... i know some hate it... but....

This combat system will be way different from
XVs. Look at the versus XIII trailers, will probably be similar to that.

Gbraga

edit > Quoted the spoiler so that you won't see it when quoting this post.

Man, this is bullshit.

Lnds500

I dunno if unbelievable at this point, but definitely pretty pathetic.

You can make up all the excuses you want for SE, but no one is giving them shit for taking their time, what gets people mad is that they keep announcing games before they even start production. And this has brought them so much trouble in the past that it's plain bizarre that they keep doing it.

Embarrassing.

I find it more weird that people are getting impatient after a game is revealed. They announced what they would be working on and they were quite honest about the status of the game. So why all the annoyed comments?

I find it more weird that people are getting impatient after a game is revealed. They announced what they would be working on and they were quite honest about the status of the game. So why all the annoyed comments?

You are suppose to announce a game when its close to completion, not when its close to begining development.

Top Bottom