• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura talks Final Fantasy VII Remake in Dengeki PlayStation

Ran rp

You know I was just joking, right?^^ I made a lot of posts explaining the unfortunate situation of Nomura during Versus and defending him in the past. I'm actually super confident in Nomura w.r.t. FFVIIR and his approach as I said hundreds of times already.

An hour passed before you made your next post. It was a drive-by and it was no better than the "jpop/action rpg trash" shitposts in XV threads.

ZenTzen

I'd be down for a CC remake if they retcon Genesis.

and the shitty ending and other unsavory parts in the game

FFVIIR isn't made in-house, btw. Main developer is CyberConnect2. So technically even BD1 (Kitase's FFXIII team) could help out.

unless this is something recent, the only thing SE stated is that CyberConnect2 is one of various developers helping on the game, where did they say they were the main ones

PSY・S;219914609 said:
It won't matter. People like Koozek who are clearly educated on the matter ignore all that and do the same kind of drive-bys they complain about in XV threads.

I agree it's not productive, but much of the "Nomura can't release a game" hyperbole is pushback against the constant hyperbolic complaints of changes-for-the-worse post Versus.

And of course there's plenty of jokey trolling (a la Koozek's comments here) that goes in that direction too in all the XV threads.

But of course an eye for an eye, glass houses and stones, etc. Really, Square fans who are more in the Nomura camp, and those who aren't, should still try to come together and spread a little love.

daveo42

Banned
2016: FFXV
2017: KH3
2018: FF7R: Part 1
2019: FFXVI

That's what I'm hoping.
Also, if they manage to hit 2018 I don't see how that's being announced early for SE.

Dude, that'd be a miracle. I don't expect to see another mainline FF game for at least another 5 years with a release date of several years after, and only if we are lucky. We will more than likely get a FF7R game every 2-3 years, endless add-ons and new package of KH content without really getting anything new...and of course endless XV spin-offs.

ZenTzen

I was thinking about making a thread to try to educate people about FFXV's development to try to avoid all these ignorant Nomura comments, but I doubt it would get much attention, the information has been easy to find for years so if people were in anyway interested they would already know by now. Also it is more of common sense, you just need to look at the rate that the KH games were pumped out.

that would actually be pretty good, nothing like a refresher now and again

it would also be a convenient way to direct the uninformed souls that keep repeating the same stuff ad nauseam

MoonFrog

...namely for those concerned about the evolution into a more action-oriented RPG. He says he’s heard the fans calling out for an Active Time Battle system, but Final Fantasy VII Remake will be very rich in action. That said, he wanted to create a battle system that even more traditional fans of the series can enjoy.

Confused by that part. How is it going to be "very rich in action" and please turn-based fans?

As one, I'd need good party play and good party control. In a game "very rich in action" that ain't going to happen unless the game is hardcore pause and strategize, which I doubt is what they are going for at all.

But the remake will probably be disappointing in terms of content, art direction, etc. anyway and I don't think I'm going to want it but it frustrates me when a developer is "oh we are thinking of you," when there is no evidence yet that they are. Especially something like that with nothing to back it up.

Just say you aren't making FFVIIR for people into 90s FF and the original FFVII experience but not 2010s Square and FFVII expanded universe content/almost all of Nomura's work post-FFVII, or show me a reason to think otherwise. Vague 'we're looking to make something for you too' comments are just kind of annoying with the background awareness that that probably won't pan out and that Square would probably do better with the wider audience by not having it pan out.

Gbraga

Really, Square fans who are more in the Nomura camp, and those who aren't, should still try to come together and spread a little love.

❤ Let the voice of love take you higher ❤

tumblr_oep0gfNu6l1u0jrjfo2_540.gif

Gbraga

I still don't think this opening is that good, Crazy Noisy Bizzare Town is still the best.

I think it's incredible, but yeah, Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is the GOAT.

Chase was disappointing to me, and Great Days definitely felt like a return to form.

Part 4 is so good :')

Dengeki interviewed Nomura just for a whole lot of nothing? Waste of time. Only new bit was that he things old school fans will like the battle, but not much has changed. We know they are planning something for next year, that it is still an action-RPG and they are waiting until after FFXV to talk more about the remake. Nomura, stop talking about nothing and get back to work. Come back when you got something worthwhile to say.

Ceravic

In 2022 Nomura gets replaced by Tabata and then the game comes out in 2025 with everyone complaining about Nomura's vision being compromised.

Dengeki interviewed Nomura just for a whole lot of nothing? Waste of time. Only new bit was that he things old school fans will like the battle, but not much has changed. We know they are planning something for next year, that it is still an action-RPG and they are waiting until after FFXV to talk more about the remake. Nomura, stop talking about nothing and get back to work. Come back when you got something worthwhile to say.

It was an interview focused on World of Final Fantasy and to a lesser extent Kingdom Hearts. FF7R was only briefly touched upon. Just because they didn't spend a lot of time talking about FF7R doesn't make the interview pointless.

I'm not expecting anything on the Remake until World of FF and XV are out.

(Also, "Great Days" may or may not be the best song wise, but its visuals are easily the best. ;) )

DKHF

Not surprised to see the shade thrown at Nomura in here. There is a strong correlation between FFXV diehards and Nomura detractors (I know not all are but a large amount on here are).

I'm guessing the next showing will be early next year at an FFVII 20th or FF 30th anniversary event.
unless this is something recent, the only thing SE stated is that CyberConnect2 is one of various developers helping on the game, where did they say they were the main ones
They never did, it appears to have a substantial team (Kitase's longtime dev team) within Square Enix working on it. They just said CC2 and others are "external partners" on the project.

Not surprised to see the shade thrown at Nomura in here. There is a strong correlation between FFXV diehards and Nomura detractors (I know not all are but a large amount on here are).

I'm guessing the next showing will be early next year at an FFVII 20th or FF 30th anniversary event.

They never did, it appears to have a substantial team (Kitase's longtime dev team) within Square Enix working on it. They just said CC2 and others are "external partners" on the project.
My memories of Nomura talk on this place must be different

Teknoman

Im still not liking the action focus...unless it actually does turn out to be some fusion of the types like Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter.

Plan something lol? Shouldn't it say release the game, especially since it's 1/3rd or 1/2 of the original? :S Really hope it comes out next year.

2016 - FFXV
2017 - FFVII, DQXI
2018 - Kingdom Hearts III
2019 - FFVII Part II, FFXVI

Aters

I think it's pretty easy to make FFVII a duology, a trilogy is doable but it will make people uncomfortable. More than that and there will be shitstorm.

I personally wouldn't bother with FFVIIR if the whole package has more than 2 games. I love FFVII, but not enough to spend more than $120 and 100 hours to replay it.

Here's more details from a Famitsu interview:

Tetsuya Nomura promised a brief update on the Final Fantasy VII Remake for this week's Famitsu. He provided a bit more than that, devoting a full one page of his four page interview with the magazine to the game. Here's some of what he said:.

Much of the discussion was about the game's event scenes. As with most games, there are two types of event scenes in FFVIIR: pre-rendered and real time. The difference about the FFVIIR real time scenes is that they're all controllable. They decided to get rid of the non controllable real time cut scenes in order to keep the play from stopping.

Regarding the controllable cut scenes, Nomura said to expect more natural expression as opposed to the game-like expression of past games. He also mentioned some sort of new system for this area, something that he feels has never been done before.

Nomura debuted three new screenshots for Famitsu's editors -- just for the editors, as Square Enix apparently won't let screens be shown to the general public. Famitsu was impressed, saying that they couldn't believe what they were looking at was real time.

The three screenshots included a scene of Midgar showing Cloud looking up at the sky, an afternoon shot of Cloud on what appeared to be the side of the highway, and the same highway shot but at night. A signs on the highway apparently saying Seventh Gate.

One reason the game may look so good is because there are only minimal differences between the game's high and low quality models. According to Nomura, they've kept the high and low quality models the same, with exception to the greater hair detail in the high quality versions.

The inclusion of Takeshi Nozue on the staff also helped, said Nomura. Nozue was able to apply use his pre-rendering knowhow on the game's real time scenes, specifically with regards to lighting technology.

Famitsu noted that the screenshots looked like real photos. Nomura replied with an aside that you can take pictures in the game. Cloud has a cell phone, and you can take pics wherever you like.

Regarding when we'll get to see the images that Famitsu's editors were shown, Nomura just said we'll have to wait a bit. He also noted that areas we've already been shown now have the new lighting technology, so we'll have to wait to see these as well.

Moving on to a general development update, Nomura siad that because they're trying out a lot of new challenges, the development staff is still focused on the core members. However, they're making preparations to enter full production.

They're also gradually recording the game's voices. Regarding the recording, Nomura said that there are many scenes where the main party characters are engaged in realistic conversation, with their voices overlapping. These scenes are being recorded by having the four voice actors together on the recording session simultaneously.

So when will we get our next bit of FFVIIR info? Nomura said that the timing for the next reveal has been set, but he would not say when. For the next update, though, he said that they'd like to deliver it along with some good information.
Source

You guys need to come together and not bicker in all honesty.

The delay isn't all on Nomura and Tabata did what he could with what he was given.

This might be my non sober ramblings but I almost want Tabata and Nomura to team up on a project one day just to make you stop lol.

And you'd love it

Omg idk, Nomura has such style and vision, he's the sensitive artist type. But then there's Tabata, who's such an efficient hard-worker. He knows how to get shit done.

tenor.gif

I just can't do it!! XD
Answer is obvious when you think about it..

Throw the rose away because the ff franchise doesn't need anymore roses attached to it. Get a cake cut it in half and give each one a slice

Top Bottom