• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Northeast Championship (NEC) XII | Fighting game tournament | December 3-4

Dahbomb

Yo why is KOF13 called pure honest fighting? I see some mad hype stuff and OTT stuff in this game. I guess it's because it doesn't have a comeback mechanic?

Arde5643

WTF is a neomax? It looks like a stupidly powerful super

Think of it like an ultra that takes out all of your custom cancel meter combo and a lot of your super meter.

Yo why is KOF13 called pure honest fighting? I see some mad hype stuff and OTT stuff in this game. I guess it's because it doesn't have a comeback mechanic?
Can't cancel special moves with FADC, no block x-factor reversal, if you miss your combo - you lose super or all neomax meter.

Keeps you honest on your execution.

Azure J

Come in just in time to see this little girl do some fancy shit only to get scooped out of the air and slammed for a KO. Fucking awesome. :lol

Fuck I just woke up. Can't believe I missed Tekken. Who was Top 8 for Tekken? This is grand finals for KOFXIII going on right now? Who made top 8 for that as well?

Mostly because it is not full of bullshit and most archetypes are actually viable.

You won't see Haggar bodying people that regularly haha.

That and the game is just solid all the way around. 2D fighter, combos are pretty hard, no true comeback mechanics, EX moves have different properties then regular specials, it just feels proper. For real, if you don't like the current crop of fighters (AE, Marvel), you owe it so yourself to check this out.

Veal

GOTDAMN. That Goro was insane! How difficult is it to get into XIII if the last one you played was 98? Also not being very good to boot?

sleepykyo

It'll be interesting to see Unknown can repeat his performance last night. I feel like people have gotten used to zoning Nemesis out.

Spacebar

It's really important to kill his Nemesis - more than his Wesker, Nemesis was always the one that sets up all the important kills during the team tourney.

Yea you're right, last night when his Nemesis got off to a good start he was damn near impossible to come back on. Always cool to see unknown (pun intended) players wreck shit up in tournaments.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just realized that with my new internet connection i can finally watch streams at 360p or more!

DAT FRAMERATE!! @_@

Dahbomb

Yeah commentator confirmed what has been my suspicion for quite some time.

Glasses off OVERRIDES the nerfs on his Samurai Edge. When his glasses are off he can still anti-air combo from near full screen with Samurai Edge. That is complete HORSE SHIT.

Basically aside from the Counter nerf, Wesker is for sure a buffed character from vanilla. Which is bull shit because he was top 5 S tier in that game, most used character, most tournament wins AND an EVO championship.

Anyway good matches on display at least.

kirblar

Yeah commentator confirmed what has been my suspicion for quite some time.

Glasses off OVERRIDES the nerfs on his Samurai Edge. When his glasses are off he can still anti-air combo from near full screen with Samurai Edge. That is complete HORSE SHIT.

Basically aside from the Counter nerf, Wesker is for sure a buffed character from vanilla. Which is bull shit because he was top 5 S tier in that game, most used character, most tournament wins AND an EVO championship.

Anyway good matches on display at least.
This explains so much- I thought he was supposed to require an assist to combo off his gun shots, but he's been able to do everything he used to.

kirblar

People really need to start watching the clock better- so many are missing "free" X-Factor activations as it gets to the time where there's no longer a penalty for using it since it'll last the rest of the round.

Top Bottom