• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 9th

Xbox One is providing fun for everyone this holiday season with exclusive blockbuster games like "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" (which generated more than $200 million worldwide in the first 24-hours of its release), "Forza Horizon 2," and "Sunset Overdrive."

Xbox One will also continue to offer consumers great value throughout the holiday season with a variety of special offers and pricing plans. A $50-off pricing promotion on select Xbox One consoles and three holiday bundles that include everything your family will need to experience all Xbox One has to offer are available now at participating retailers through Jan. 5, while supplies last.**

It's never been a better time to own an Xbox One, and consumers agree – November marked the Xbox One as the top-selling console in the U.S selling more than 825,000 units across North America. We at Microsoft are excited to see gamers reacting to the great proposal that Xbox One offers and will continue to provide the best value for our customers. (Source: NPD Group, November 2014).

l imagine their statement will read something like this tomorrow.

I agree, but with one difference:

Xbox One is providing fun for everyone this holiday season with exclusive blockbuster games like "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" (which generated more than $200 million worldwide in the first 24-hours of its release), "Forza Horizon 2," and "Sunset Overdrive."

Xbox One will also continue to offer consumers great value throughout the holiday season with a variety of special offers and pricing plans. A $50-off pricing promotion on select Xbox One consoles and three holiday bundles that include everything your family will need to experience all Xbox One has to offer are available now at participating retailers through Jan. 5, while supplies last.**

It's never been a better time to own an Xbox One, and consumers agree – November marked the Xbox One as the top-selling console in the U.S. We at Microsoft are excited to see gamers reacting to the great proposal that Xbox One offers and will continue to provide the best value for our customers. (Source: NPD Group, November 2014).

I don't think they'll provide any exact numbers for November. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

It's never been a better time to own an Xbox One, and consumers agree – November marked the Xbox One as the top-selling console in the U.S. We at Microsoft are excited to see gamers reacting to the great proposal that Xbox One offers and will continue to provide the best value for our customers. (Source: NPD Group, November 2014).

I don't think they'll provide any exact numbers for November. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

If they do give a number that would be pretty funny, atleast Sony is consistent in not giving info win or lose.

Uh, where's the all-in-one-entertainment-system tagline?

It's never been a better time to own an Xbox One, and consumers agree – November marked the Xbox One as the top-selling console in the U.S selling more than 825,000 units across North America. We at Microsoft are excited to see gamers reacting to the great proposal that Xbox One offers and will continue to provide the best value for our customers. (Source: NPD Group, November 2014).

l imagine their statement will read something like this tomorrow.
But what of the 360?

Wow guys.

Last month's prediction thread had only 652 posts and November 2013's prediction thread had only 591 posts. November 2012 only had 247 posts.

We're now at 1,415 posts and counting.

Wii's beginning was showing promising signs for a wide amount of genres, even "core" properties. Trauma Center, Red Steel, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Unleashed, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, PES 2008, No More Heroes, etc.etc. Not Madden, though.

There have been many titles with at least good sales, especially when compared with other SKUs. Unfortunately, though, 3rd parties couldn't catch the lighting as fast as they should have due to big investments on PS360, continued developing core titles on there while giving to Wii mostly C/D-teams efforts, which made the most dedicated userbase start going away. That and Nintendo having a down period, between second half of 2008 and 2009, especially in terms of games for the "hardcore" audience. Which is something that didn't show immediate effects (end of 2008 saw also decent sales for COD!), but more in 2009.
I think other than Star Wars and PES, which are still relatively broad appeal franchises anyway, you're defining "core" a bit differently. I don't think Activision or EA are looking at the performance of Trauma Center to make platform decisions.

Also, it's often overlooked but the commoditization of flatscreen HD televisions occurred over that time. I think the pervasiveness of these large HD screens in living rooms would have played into migration from SD platforms.

e-gamer

I think any prediction numbers are useless if we don't have numbers anymore. :(

I wish they comeback because the gifs were the best part on GAF this time.

Welfare

What? We don't have numbers anymore? I didn't know that!

Didn't you hear? Aqua got banned.

Speaking of numbers, I swear I saw a gif a while ago in one NPD thread where it was someone trying to pole vault and failing. I believe it was the PS3 failing to hit 100k. One thing I want out of this NPD is to see that gif again but for whatever console hits right below 1 million.

You guys forgot to add "the Xbox family sold over a million consoles this past holidays, cementing once more that Xbox is the go-to all in one entertainment system for the American families".

sense

Wow guys.

Last month's prediction thread had only 652 posts and November 2013's prediction thread had only 591 posts. November 2012 only had 247 posts.

We're now at 1,415 posts and counting.

don't you know, this is PRIME TIME this year. PRE SEASON IS FINALLY OVER!!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't see why they wouldn't give an exact number if they had a big lead. Didn't they use to give numbers?

thuway

Our family purchased four PS4's, a white one for me, and two Xbox One's, with Kinnect for me. This year. NPD should be fun.

if we're getting meltdowns in today's Media Create thread, this NPD thread will be absolutely hilarious no matter what

What's causing those meltdowns? Guilty Gear's terrible opening, Smash's soft opening, Wii U HW being unimpressive, Nova's second week drop being bad? Lots of ammunition this week from what I glanced

donny2112

Speaking of numbers, I swear I saw a gif a while ago in one NPD thread where it was someone trying to pole vault and failing. I believe it was the PS3 failing to hit 100k. One thing I want out of this NPD is to see that gif again but for whatever console hits right below 1 million.

Someone found it, and since I spent a long time looking for it with no results, promptly saved its location. Getta cracking!

soclosehf1.gif

Edit:
Noooooo!!!

vader.jpg

Edit2:
What's causing those meltdowns? Guilty Gear's terrible opening, Smash's soft opening, Wii U HW being unimpressive, Nova's second week drop being bad? Lots of ammunition this week from what I glanced

Yeah, saw the numbers somewhere else earlier and was surprised at Smash U/Wii U's really poor opening.

onQ123

Someone found it, and since I spent a long time looking for it with no results, promptly saved its location. Getta cracking!

soclosehf1.gif

Edit:
Noooooo!!!

vader.jpg

Edit2:

Yeah, saw the numbers somewhere else earlier and was surprised at Smash U/Wii U's really poor opening.

I thought the frog was banned?

Joeki11a

Banned
PS4 will win MS announces Xbox1 slim at E3 $199.99. They shock the world and win all gen long, Sony sells Playstation to Apple.

Apple vs Ms is next gens big war

Top Bottom