• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This is an actual painting of Kane. Wow.

combustable_personality_by_leilehua74-d5jhtz9.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm reposting this interview, in case you haven't seen it yet, because YOU HAVE TO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNt8Ev1DeTI

What's Fake Diesel doing wearing that silly mask?
He's the real Diesel. Nash was just keeping the glove warm for him.

EDIT: BTW, and in all seriousness, I never realized that Glenn had that much personality in him, and you can tell that him and Daniel are actual friends. It actually surprised me that GGG knew what Bryan's dog's name was.

Lunchbox

Banned

remember when the cool kids like us used to post in this shit. make fun of each other, call out frankmans anime fetish, call spindashing names, write fanfics and post airport photos before the rumble

now we're apathetic and a bunch of jobbers took over bro. you and me are like hogan and flair now. watching rybacks run around

G-Fex

remember when the cool kids like us used to post in this shit. make fun of each other, call out frankmans anime fetish, call spindashing names, write fanfics and post airport photos before the rumble

now we're apathetic and a bunch of jobbers took over bro. you and me are like hogan and flair now. watching rybacks run around

Nothing lasts forever.

Except Cena

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So after thourougly enjoying all but slow motion/television remote part of Chikara's King of Trios 2012 some time ago, I'm willing to give it a full chance. Anyone have some recommendations of matches or events to watch?

I'm still not going to get into it full time as I still don't care for the pure cartoonish and I think Osaka Pro does comedy wrestling better, but from time to time it would be a nice alternative to watch

I'm so sick of Punk's respect angle.

I'm tired of the respect angle with no one actually putting forth any effort into it. It's all just repeating themselves, never actually doing anything and without direction.

At least with Onita or the Undertaker or Blue Demon we actually had them talk about why they wanted respect rather than just "I deserve it" and actually give back respect to others who stand up for themselves and give surprisingly good matches. The whole angle just doesn't work for a main champion like Punk or guy who always has to be at top like Hogan or Cena or Inoki.

KenOD

Now people actually talk about wrestling.

Actually that reminds me. A Davey Boy Smith vs Fit Finlay match from 1982. Interesting match just to see how much he changed his wrestling style.

It's interesting how many people who I show this to that consider themselves British Bulldog fans, but don't recognise him at all.
http://youtu.be/FEFpUo2p6Fk

Oh, you edited your post. For shame.

Dolph may be one of my favourites, but a feud against Cena? I'm going to be skipping those matches until he's done and goes for his eventual build back up from the Cena-sinking effect that Miz and Zack Ryder went through.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh, you edited your post. For shame.

Dolph may be one of my favourites, but a feud against Cena? I'm going to be skipping those matches until he's done and goes for his eventual build back up from the Cena-sinking effect that Miz and Zack Ryder went through.

Shouldn't matter that much. Punk's angle is going nowhere. At least Dolph and Cena can have some decent matches, and he's always got the MTIB trump card.

tm24

I suggest that there be an addendum added to favorite finisher. As we proved last monday night, the overdrive is not awesome, therefore all finishers cant be awesome

Don't compare me to Ryback. I take that as the worst insult possible.

Dthomp

I'm reposting this interview, in case you haven't seen it yet, because YOU HAVE TO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNt8Ev1DeTI

He's the real Diesel. Nash was just keeping the glove warm for him.

EDIT: BTW, and in all seriousness, I never realized that Glenn had that much personality in him, and you can tell that him and Daniel are actual friends. It actually surprised me that GGG knew what Bryan's dog's name was.

That interview was fantastic. Daniel Bryan really is the manliest man ever! Catnip in the beard! Composting...Beard hair vests. My mind is blown.

Enfinit

Shouldn't matter that much. Punk's angle is going nowhere. At least Dolph and Cena can have some decent matches, and he's always got the MTIB trump card.

I'd rather see Dolph vs. Punk matches instead of Cena. It's great that Dolph's getting a push (well, we think he is), however his matches with Cena are all going to be snooze-fests. Dolph's going to carry the whole match based on solely his selling.

KissVibes

Banned

Until John Cena wins it from him and cashes in on The Big Show, restarting that feud from earlier this year.

Mr. Sam

Posting to subscribe. Noice OP. Noice.

Those fake SmackDown spoilers had me thinking Christian was back. Now I'm sad.

KenOD

They may not be using either Wade Barret nor Tyson Kidd well enough on other shows, but they did good for Main Event.

Also JBL should never leave commentary.

So after thourougly enjoying all but slow motion/television remote part of Chikara's King of Trios 2012 some time ago, I'm willing to give it a full chance. Anyone have some recommendations of matches or events to watch?

I'm still not going to get into it full time as I still don't care for the pure cartoonish and I think Osaka Pro does comedy wrestling better, but from time to time it would be a nice alternative to watch

Some of the better CHIKARA shows this year;

Ring of Wax (08/18/12) - Young Lions Cup Final
The Great Escape (07/28/12) - Eddie Kingston (c) vs Sara del Rey
Chikarasaurus Rex (06/02/12) - Taylor & Gargano (c) vs The Young Bucks, Hallowicked vs Tim Donst
Anniversario: The Ogg & I (05/20/12) - Eddie Kingston (c) vs Jigsaw, Sara del Rey vs Meiko Satomura
Hot off the Griddle (04/28/12) - Sara del Rey vs El Generico
It's How You Play the Game (03/25/12) - Eddie Kingston (c) vs Brodie Lee

Also, I'd highly recommend the 12 Large Summit dvd, which compiles all the tournament matches from 2011 to crown CHIKARA's first ever Grand Champion;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/chikara-d...ml?filter_name=summit&filter_description=true

Plus, the CHIKARA 'best of' dvd's for each year are well worth picking up;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/index.php...ter_sub_category=true&filter_description=true

So, does this confirm that WrassleGAF believes that Vader is the greatest big man of all time, with Kane a close second?

I can actually support that.

I voted for Hansen. The fact that others didn't vote for Hansen proves only one thing; Hansen education is at an all-time low! I feel a Stan Hansen megapost is imminent...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I voted for Andre because I was tired and didn't realize what the question meant by "big man". So yeah, put me in for a vote for Vader too.

strobogo

Banned
I don't consider Stan Hansen a "big man" wrestler in the same way that Vader or Kane are. I think he's better than both men, but he just never fell into the big man category in my eyes. Also, he has a son named Shaver, which is pretty awesome.

I don't consider Stan Hansen a "big man" wrestler in the same way that Vader or Kane are. I think he's better than both men, but he just never fell into the big man category in my eyes. Also, he has a son named Shaver, which is pretty awesome.

I think he has to be a big man by default, simply due to his size, but I agree; he didn't really wrestle, that slower, more methodical big man-style. I wouldn't call him agile, but he had a ton of stamina and never really let up the pace. I loved it when he would square off against more prototypical big man wrestlers, as his style often seemed to bring the best out of them, which is why his matches with Andre & Vader were always so entertaining imo;

Stan Hansen vs Andre the Giant - (NJPW 09/23/81)

Stan Hansen vs Vader - (NJPW 02/10/90)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man. Was there ever ANY Stan Hansen match that DIDN'T end with him and his opponent beating the shit outta each other while the bell rang and tons of people tried to separate them? :lol

Man. Was there ever ANY Stan Hansen match that DIDN'T end with him and his opponent beating the shit outta each other while the bell rang and tons of people tried to separate them? :lol

Lol, a few, but those matches above were from inter-promotional shows, and neither promotion wanted their top foreign heel taking the loss. In general though, Stan was good at protecting his character - for much of his career he would never take the pin-fall in tag matches, and with singles matches, if Stan wasn't going over they would almost always end in a disqualification. But, when he did put people over (Jumbo/Misawa/Gordy for the Triple Crown, Kobashi/Kawada/Taue in the Champion Carnival, etc) it seemed all the more important because a Hansen singles loss by pin-fall was so rare.

Striker

House show results with some good news and some bad news

Cool to see AJ in the Divas title mix, but I can already see Dolph jobbing AGAIN at SS to Cena.
He's the Mr. Perfect of the Hogan era, so he'll never get his proper due.

Aiii

So not worth it
Looking at those Raw results we Smackdown World Tour visitors are really getting the short end of the stick talent wise this time.

Top Bottom