• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mike Awesome is a better big man than Vader and Kane
awesome.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Andre The Giant will forever be the best big man. I know it's just nostalgia and he utterly sucked, but fuck you, Andre was awesome!!

Also, Goldberg's Spear + Jackhammer is the best finisher of ALL TIME! He might not have been the best wrestler, that shit looked like it finished you forever and is therefor, best!

McNei1y

Also, Goldberg's Spear + Jackhammer is the best finisher of ALL TIME! He might not have been the best wrestler, that shit looked like it finished you forever and is therefor, best!

I would agree that it look like it definitely finished someone.

I always thought Jeff Hardy's Swanton Bomb was dope because of all the places he did it from. Also, I even liked Kurt Angle's Angle Slam since it was so fluid. It didn't look like much but it was so awesome when he did it OUTTA NOWHERE. The Ankle Lock was cool too.

I have no idea what is going on with The Business currently - so lost.

Anything from the past month that is worth a Youtube search?

Did Maryse release new photos?
Has Paige debuted yet?
Are we still happy in general?
How was Dean Ambrose's debut?
Is Savivar Saries the next PPV?

Aiii

So not worth it
Did Maryse release new photos?
Has Paige debuted yet?
Are we still happy in general?
How was Dean Ambrose's debut?
Is Savivar Saries the next PPV?

AJ won the divas title at a house show in France!

That is actually true!

Then Vickie, the new Raw GM, reversed the division and now Eve is still champion

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good OP, but I said not to list the MVP! I feel like a dick, winning it somehow despite putting out almost no good content this month.

I didn't even vote in the whole thing, but I want to address the Fave Five.

WOW @ Sandow climbing so fast. I mean seriously, out of the top 3, they're comedic wrestlers. That's crazy. And boy, did Punk fall off the bus or what? It used to be all Punk with D. Brine comin' up quick but this was just disgustingly brutal.

Let me lay it out again. DAMIEN SANDOW IS HIGHER RATED THAN CM PANKUU.

Also Entropia high-five for putting Batista's Dick as the best big man.

Downhome

Let me toss this out there.

Which storyline in wrestling would you say was the last one in wrestling that was solid from start to finish, with an actual logical and satisfying conclusion?

After seeing the stuff in WWE '13, I'm seriously having problems picking one out that is even remotely recent.

Ultratech

Which storyline in wrestling would you say was the last one in wrestling that was solid from start to finish, with an actual logical and satisfying conclusion?

After seeing the stuff in WWE '13, I'm seriously having problems picking one out that is even remotely recent.

Er...not sure.

There's been quite a few that start out great, but quickly dissolve towards the end.

Did you get swerved by Sheamus losing to Big Show? That one cost me. :(

I had no idea what was happening in WWE for the past month, so did not bet on HiaC. I guess Sheamus was a strong favourite though - so I would have lost there too if I was betting

I have €0 in my Paddy Power account now though - as I withdrew all the above winnings after I came to my senses.

Maybe I will try another €10 on Survivor Series!

strobogo

Banned
Andre The Giant will forever be the best big man. I know it's just nostalgia and he utterly sucked, but fuck you, Andre was awesome!!

I always thought Andre was terrible as a kid, but once I saw his pre-mid 80s stuff my mind changed dramatically. And then I came to realize that he was the smartest working guy in expansion era. Even though he was completely broken down and couldn't do much, everything he did made so much sense and he did them so well. He's on my top 5 list of guys who I didn't like as a kid but thought were awesome as an adult.

In no order:
Paul Orndorff
Bob Orton
Larry Z
Andre
Bunkhouse Bunk

Fuck, I thought Bunkhouse was the worst and most embarrassing wrestler ever as a kid. It wasn't until much later that I realized he was so awesome at absolutely everything.

Mickie James vs Trish Stratus is the high point of our industry.

Aiii

So not worth it

----- ------'s story had a pretty definitive conclusion. Don't know about satisfying though.

Also, I am having a blast with WWE 13. Also, found a way to have one title for both brands and use both brands for both shows. Have three shows going SD, RAW, and NXT/Indy. Having more fun with NXT due to the smaller roster. Gameplay still leaves me wanting more but everything else is done well that it doesn't bother me as much.

Just wish we had more control in Universe mode.

My new sexual tag team of Miz/Venis is ready to take over the division.

Kane beating the shit out of Taker for three months straight in 2010, that cathartic release!
I'm just kidding because they managed to screw that up with the finish, Nexus buries Taker because they can, Taker is cool with it but later gets upset because he beat HHH so he cuts his hair while staring at newspaper clippings of the COO.

I guess CM Punk/Jeff Hardy back in 2009 was the last main event storyline in WWE at least to run the full way through without a hiccup if my memory of the events is correct. Face Punk cashes in on Jeff who only just won the title after a gruelling ladder match, Punk claims he would've cashed in on whoever won, the fans are booing him though because they all love Jeff for some reason. This sets off Punk on a slow burn heel turn, at the Bash Punk keeps the title by DQ after a bunch of screwy moments culminating in a "blinded" Punk kicking the ref in the spine, he's still technically face at this point.
The next month Jeff beats Punk clean for the WHC which prompts Punk to finally complete his heel turn by beating the hell out of Jeff on the following Smackdown. We now get grounding for Punk to start playing the Jeff Hardy is a screw up card and also play up his straight edge angle while Jeff waffles on about being extreme and living in the moment.
The feud reaches a final ppv match at SS, a TLC match in which Jeff's lust for high spots does him in once more allowing Punk to win back the title, technically it's not quite over yet with one more steel cage match on SD with that good old loser leaves stipulation that has Jeff booted out the door.
The next week Punk comes out dressed as Jeff, mocks the man and his unhealthy lifestyle and appropriately enough Jeff Hardy gets his drug supply rumbled like a week or two later, Punk vindicated, perfect ending.

Before this, Jericho and HBK had a sensible and fantastic feud, though the whole non sanctioned match stuff was stupidly booked.

Kaladin

I'm all set for the Dragon Gate USA iPPVs this weekend. It should be a hell of a weekend. I don't know if I'll be able to watch any of Friday's show live. I might go see The Man With The Iron Fists in the theater. I've got the VOD for that show though so I won't miss it.

Top Bottom