• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2006

Dante

nicks are so impersonal said:
Xbox 360 owns its competition. It's starting to look like a winner in the west.

WAY too early for that. The headstart is really paying off for them though.

With the 360 @ 4.5M US, they'd be lucky to have 7.5M sold worldwide as of Dec 31st. But, everything except the PS2 & PSP is lower than I thought they would be.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Crazy peripheral sales also.. over 800k for 360 wireless controllers.. damn..

HW numbers are fine, NDS is a beast.. Wii.. hmm, the hype was there that it was over a million but apparently not... PS3.. supply limited.. PS2 has some impressive legs.. but during 2007 they will be chopped of...

now, grabbing me some popcorn and watch this thread grow..

While Wii - unlike Sony's ailing PS3 - is sold out everywhere in the US, it has to be considered disappointing that Nintendo didn't get more units on shelves. I suppose, however, that it served the greater good in them managing to launch in Europe as well.

Bo130

Yoshi's Island totally lurked up on me from behind. Great sales :D. Disappointing Wii and DS-sales, though, IMO :(

Cerrius said:
360 owned December.

Gears of War top selling title, even outselling ZELDA! Ntards am cry! :lol :lol :lol

A very decisive holiday victory for Microsoft

I really didn't think Gears was going to pull it off. But Guitar Hero at Number Two!!!! Get ready for a huge March for 360!!!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
NPD-LTDs.jpg

Branduil

Y2Kevbug11 said:
PSP...did anyone expect this? Wow.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5202627&postcount=64

I'll go from highest to lowest.

DS: 2,163,000

Really just a guess. Nintendo will sell as many as they can ship.

GBA: 1,687,000

I'm basing this on it's insane November sales and rumors.

PS2: 1,334,000

Still selling like crazy, no reason for it to stop now.

360: 1,243,000

I expect a price-drop next spring.

PSP: 1,068,000

Selling surprisingly well.

Now for the tricky ones:

Wii: 912,000

Wii's high numbers in Japan last week lead me to believe Nintendo may have been able to ship more than was initially believed. Still nowhere near 2 million though.

PS3: 520,000

I don't think they'll be able to manufacture enough to reach 1 million.

I was pretty close on the PS3, PSP, 360, and the PS2. I screwed way up on the others though. Stupid Nintendo not producing enough units.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
sonycowboy said:
With the 360 @ 4.5M US, they'd be lucky to have 7.5M sold worldwide as of Dec 31st. But, everything except the PS2 & PSP is lower than I thought they would be.

Bunkum says they are doing a recount. Are these numbers the recount?

pilonv1

GhaleonEB said:
The PS3 and Wii are supply constrained. Wait for January. :)

Wii is supply constrained. PS3 is demand constrained.

I posted a few months before Xmas that this was very similar to the 02 Xmas with Splinter Cell v. Metroid. Interesting how it turned out almost the same.

I said wow, that's for sure. DS a bit lower than expected, but Wii is the big loser. Didn't Reggie say sth. about 2m units in the second week of January in NA or sth. like that?

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Great job by MS, I have to say that they took a big gamble launching a year early and now it looks like it's going to pay off for them, at least in North America.

VALIS

Seems pretty likely by now that 360 will win North America. 1.1 million at $400 (mostly) is incredible given how poorly other expensive video game stuff is selling.

Krowley

It looks like wii really was way undershipped... Pre NPD estimates were way off. I originally predicted 900k, but recent buzz had me thinking they had topped 1 million.

Overall things are a little lower than i expected except for 360, psp and ps2.

I expected nintendo to ship more DS systems.

D O W N

Wii buzz shows no real signs of slowing; they clearly shipped far less than people anticipated, but they'll make up the lost ground fast.

As far as the PS3.. I own something like %0.002.8 of all the PS3's sold in US.
That's awesome.

andthebeatgoeson

Wow, will they even make 3 million WW before 2007? It's silly. Maybe demand isn't that high and they severly undershipped. How do they miss it by that much?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This is frustrating. I want to know what the sales would be if the PS3 and Wii were fully stocked and available. Am I going to have to wait until Dec. 07? :(

LJ11 said:
I'm a moran. I thought he said the Wii would outsell 360. Reading comprehension FTL.

Sorry, for my stupidity.

No, not you. Not us. Patcher has really to change Job, because he aid that the Wii would have sold around 1.3 millions. A mistake of 600k is something UNANWENDBAR.

Hero

Wow. Zelda combined sold over a million units in December. Craziness. Almost 500K for NSMB too, what's that bring its LTD total in North America?

Nice Xbox 360 sales.

Edit:

Nevermind, just saw the annual top sales. NSMB at 2 million in North America, 4 million in Japan. How's it doing everywhere else?

Striek

TheDrowningMan said:
While Wii - unlike Sony's ailing PS3 - is sold out everywhere in the US, it has to be considered disappointing that Nintendo didn't get more units on shelves. I suppose, however, that it served the greater good in them managing to launch in Europe as well.
These numbers make it incredibly easy to call into question whose shipping more units (currently).

GhaleonEB

sonycowboy said:

I do hope we get some kind of hard data in greater Europe, etc. to determine this. Things are lower accross the board than I was expecting, especially given the shopping schedule this year.

Mojovonio

Banned
So there is no way the 360 got even close to selling 10 million to consumers this year. 4.5 million in the US alone=about 7-8 million worldwide.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
hmmm those are pretty crappy numbers for everybody or must I say for the expectations we created.

Wii....was like expected to sell 3 X that number.
PS3...is under 500k and that's not good, especially if you consider there isn't that big of a shortage.
Xbox360...1.1 million is pretty good and on par with the Xbox, which in turn tells pretty much how these numbers are....
PS2...kick ass 6th year in row.
DS...sold good, but was also expected higher after the november numbers.
PSP...is maybe the only that really surprised me, but where are the software numbers?
The rest isn't intresting to comment on.

Xavien

Cerrius said:
360 owned December.

Gears of War top selling title, even outselling ZELDA! Ntards am cry! :lol :lol :lol

A very decisive holiday victory for Microsoft

looking at the charts, didn't zelda sell over 1 million (GC and Wii combined) ? that puts it at above Gears of War on the All Format charts.

GhaleonEB

Mojovonio said:
So there is no way the 360 got even close to selling 10 million to consumers this year. 4.5 million in the US alone=about 7-8 million worldwide.
Please don't start this again. The goal was ALWAYS shipped. We don't know sell-through WW right now. Keep it to US sales!

Top Bottom