• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

Elios83

8d1QUmL.png

So just to determine some ranges..

If XB1 is 1.35m
PS4 1.55m
Wii U 454k

If XB1 is 1.4m
PS4 1.6m
Wii U 471k

If XB1 is 1.45m
PS4 1.667k
Wii U 487k

Seems like a 200k gap between PS4 and XB1.

Chobel

It has to be another 2 Exclusuves, take your pick from Gears, Forza or Tomb Raider.

Gears and Tomb Raider are the most likely

Ummm, it can't be an exclusive, especially not Gears, Forza or Tomb Raider. Batman:AK sold >1M and TW3 sold >770K.

joecanada

MS PR ''is the worst'' just because they are loosing. Its their job to twist things and try to make the best of every situation, we shouldnt care much anyway.

In general I just think its funny

Who even reads this pr though? Isn't it mostly industry or enthusiasts? People who know it's basically twisted truths. why not just come out and say
"we are proud of our continued sales of these great games we worked on and encourage anyone to try our latest million seller tomb raider, etc. We sold over a million consoles in December and will continue to give the best experience to our customers "

etta

my hard graphic balls
What I am saying is do you really see 4K being the big selling point of the new systems. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if most games for the next generation on consoles are still just 1080p.
I could see it happening, depending on advances in tech and price points. Especially for games like FIFA and Call of Duty, 4K is easier on the GPUs for those games.

kyser73

If they're learned their lesson Next Xbox definitely will be at least equal of PS5 in specs, announced totally focused on games and will be launched at a compelling price.

Unless Phil convinces the board that such s machine is required within what I assume is the broader goal of getting a console fully integrated into the Azure/Win ecosystem the design will, again, be based around commmitte decision making and not out of engineering passion.

Bruno MB

Not a bad result at all for Xenoblade Chronicles X, it is on the high end of my expectations given the circumstances of the platform it has been released on.

The list of jrpg's released in the last 10 years with a 200,000 opening or higher should be very limited unless the titles are called Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts or Pokémon.

jackdoe

Ummm, it can't be an exclusive, especially not Gears, Forza or Tomb Raider. Batman:AK sold >1M and TW3 sold >770K.
Yeah. MS only needed one exclusive title released in 2015 in the top 10 to make that claim. And there's no way Arkham Knight or Witcher 3 were outsold by Gears, Forza, or RoTR.

Shin-Ra

God of War and Uncharted have never been big sellers in the grand scheme of videogames , they are critically acclaimed and are held in high regard by the hardcore but always struggled to sell more than a couple of million.
Didn't Halo 3 famously ourself uncharted 1/2 GoW3/ Killzone 2 , resistance 1/2 combined?

The last of Us is the first Sony AAA franchise since Gran turismo to play with the big boys.
Well, damn.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I could see it happening, depending on advances in tech and price points. Especially for games like FIFA and Call of Duty, 4K is easier on the GPUs for those games.

Don't high end PCs have problems keeping a steady 60fps with 4K? I hardly think that will be cost effective in the near future.

donny2112

Top Bottom