• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

RM8

I guess Zelda and MH should be listed as multi-platform games, since apparently different 3DS models count as separate platforms according to some people.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
What is the difference between the 3DS and the N3DS? Aren't they basically the same thing with some hardware revisions? Kinda like the PS slim models. Or are we talking about a GB to GBA kind of upgrade?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm just going to attribute this 3DS family thing to salt, because there's no other reason for that reaction by some people in this thread.

We should get another sodium warning here, like in the PS4 thread.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
PS4 is also #1 in software sales. Not sure what the OP is getting at (unless software was only for home consoles like hardware in Sony's PR).

Counting all 3DS models together makes sense though.

3DS #1 in hardware sales

Majora's Mask #1 in software sales

What's hard to get.

So PS4 is #1,

How can Nintendo claim the number 1 spot while combining 2 completely different SKU?

Lmfao.

Confused-GIF.gif

You need to think that through again bruh.

From Nintendo's official PR

3.5 million figures, respectively, an attach rate of nearly 2.5 amiibo figures per game unit sold.

Looks like the Amiibo sales are finally dropping.

I don't mind people buying them, but I like to see games in the amazon bestseller lists.

What is the difference between the 3DS and the N3DS? Aren't they basically the same thing with some hardware revisions? Kinda like the PS slim models. Or are we talking about a GB to GBA kind of upgrade?
Game boy to game boy color upgrade. Same system with hardware tweaks and revisions.

phanphare

Banned
"3DS family" makes more sense than "PlayStation family" at least, since the 3DS family just means every model of the same system.

EDIT: Was a teaser for 007: Spectre release or something?

that looks like a QoS teaser

I have no idea though but I'd like to think that if a teaser for the next movie were out I'd have seen it..

???

Nintendo lumped together all 3DS models (regardless of HW differences because... why not?), the N3DS alone did not take the top spot by itsef... and even if it did it wouldn't be much of a shock as its quite common that when HW revisions debut they do great numbers, i see no reason for Kaz to be upset at all.

Huh?! That's Kaz nodding like "Oh yeah, baby... you like it don't you?" in victory. He's not upset in that GIF! lol

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looks like the Amiibo sales are finally dropping.

I don't mind people buying them, but I like to see games in the amazon bestseller lists.

It added between 800k to 1 million in January and February, how is that dropping sales.

Derpyduck

Banned
I guess I can play xenoblade 3d on 3ds then

I couldn't play Kinect games on my non-Kinect 360 SKU, but MS continued to count them as one in NPDs. Same as Sony with their Move bundles. People need to stop embarrassing themselves by claiming there's different 3DSs.

I'm so confused so did the PS4 sell more then the New3DS, but less then every 3DS sold in February? Is that why they say they topped hardware sales or is it because they are just talking about consoles?

stryke

PS slim revision don't boost hardware specs (except PSP).

But the library shared between 3DS and N3DS is like 99% the same that it hardly matters.

Ty4on

A bit of revisionist history there. Sunset Overdrive wasn't universally praised, among critics or among players. For instance, and to be topical, it didn't win a single BAFTA earlier this evening, and I don't believe it won a Game of the Year award from a single major publication, and only a scant few nominations.

Anyway, February is often a slow month, and no more so than this year. Regardless, it's great to see console sales pick up over the previous year, especially for Microsoft, with a significant percentage boost. Overall, though, the sales numbers are packed pretty close together among all the manufacturers.
The XB1 sold a little over 250k last February so the increase isn't much YoY.
Titanfall was released in March though and may have contributed.

medze

I'm so confused so did the PS4 sell more then the New3DS, but less then every 3DS sold in February? Is that why they say they topped hardware sales or is it because they are just talking about consoles?

Yup, PS4 > N3DS > All other 3DS. Not enough info to know if XB1 did less or more than N3DS

kiguel182

When I read the title I thought the Wii U was the one topping the charts. Got really confused for a moment.

But yeah, I think those are all some solid numbers so congrats to everyone.

Gator86

From Nintendo's official PR

3.5 million figures, respectively, an attach rate of nearly 2.5 amiibo figures per game unit sold.

Mein gott

I'd love to know more about these sales. In my head, I can't picture regular people buying these. I assume it's just a subset of hardcore Nintendo whales buying every single one released.

On Nintendo's end, it's the same money either way. But overall, it makes a difference whether Nintendo has something that's universally popular or they just found a more effective way to siphon cash from their fanboys.

I'm assuming that if and when Sony releases a PS4 revision they will group the sales together, no?

Well yeah, but when they do that it will actually fit their narrative, so it only counts for real when they do it.

Not if its more powerful and includes games that can't be played on the previous sku.

The DS/DSL/DSi were grouped together as well--the software library is exactly the same, barring one game.

Melchiah

Based on Monster Hunter combined number (290k) less digital sales on eShop, doesn't sound so weak for The Order.

+290k for The Order in a week doesn't sound bad, and it's only for retail. Why exactly are the digital sales included in MH's figures, but not in others? Seems odd to do an exception with one title. EDIT: With the 3DS titles.

Top Bottom