• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for January 2016

Bolivar687

Banned

9CZ7I3wl.jpg

We are due for our first "shrink" for both consoles in terms of chassis and likely electronics right? I can't imagine MS is going to be more price competitive with the BOM cost of the existing console.

Floody

The Division in March, Dark Souls III in April, Homefront in May (maybe Mirrors Edge/Doom too, I'm not entirely sure tbh)

I think Dark Souls 3 switched over to Sony. Though I don't think either are pushing it too hard, so it could just be Namco doing the marketing.

Ridley327

The Division in March, Dark Souls III in April, Homefront in May (maybe Mirrors Edge/Doom too, I'm not entirely sure tbh)

They grabbed co-marketing on DaS3? I'm pretty surprised to hear that, especially since there's no chance in hell of sales not being comically lopsided in favor of the PS4 SKU.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
At this rate GTA 5 is going to be the top selling game of all time. If it comes to the NX that will be atleast another few more million copies. It just won't stop selling

Chris R

Still waiting for an Xbox One Slim before I jump in, still wanting to play Forza Horizons 2 and Crackdown, along with some other games.

notaskwid

They grabbed co-marketing on DaS3? I'm pretty surprised to hear that, especially since there's no chance in hell of sales not being comically lopsided in favor of the PS4 SKU.
Hm.. there are plenty adverts to DS3 in Tokyo (even in places like the Shibuya Crossing) but I don't recall any Xbox mention.

Raist

Banned
Did you know? It took gamers the first whole year to clock in 2 billion hours played on XB1.
And now, it's half of that in just a 12th of the time!!1!!!111!

udivision

I don't get it... even the most clueless investor shareholder wouldn't care about hours. Is that number directly tied to a revenue formula? Is total hours part of their success measures?

Bgamer90

Banned
Well would provide a significant boost throughout the year?

Quantum break? Maybe

Gears 4?yeah when it launches around Xmas.

*Months with more game releases (even if they're just multiplat)
*Slim model
*Gears of War 4
*Christmas season (alongside its build up)

I think Quantum Break will give Xbox One sales a bit of a boost but not very significant.

Top Bottom