• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2009

Barrage

:lol Mario Kart doesn't give a fuck

Mod Abuse
Dragona Akehi said:
Alright here comes the one and only warning you're all going to get:

Anyone else who makes the claim that the 360 outsold the PS3 because of "the mass bannings" after this post is going to get a six month ban.

It's fucking ridiculous: it's the same stupid argument that PS2 sold because people kept rebuying them because they broke. So knock it off.
/Mod Abuse

dani_dc

Good sales for NSMBW.
I'm wondering what kind of numbers we'll be seeing from it next month, the game is sure to have some insane legs.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Wow, did not expect 360 to outsell PS3. Obviously MW2 was going to be huge, but again note expect that big of a difference cross platform. L4D2 better than I though as well.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Souldriver said:
Healthy for just about every console actually. The heavy Wii domination is definitely over though.

The 360 was basically flat

PS3 had a great recovery

And Wii sales were still about 450K ahead of its nearest competitor. Its maybe not "heavy" domination, but I would still call it domination.

Sadist

360 fucked my preditcion, be damned.

But damn @ DS, Wii, Modern Warfare 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and even Mario Kart Wii.

And dang at the 360 >>> PS3 results. Oh shit.

shinshero

I nailed MW2 prediction + Ass. Creed 2 decline on 360 VS Ass. Creed.

Only thing I was way off on was PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware.:lol

Orlics said:
I think I have a pretty good guess as to why the 360 beat the PS3:

pirate%20flag.png

oh man the rationalization begins

I agree with you for the most part, that plus the MW2 bundle and the Arcade version

Amazing sales on MW2 (I didn't contribute), but over double on the 360? Geez

And I'm shocked that 360 beat the ps3, I thought ps3 had a juggernaut thing going on (not that those sales aren't awesome too). Wowz0rz

Afrikan

how many 360 consoles were banned again???

edit- basically are these 800k+ mostly new console owners or gamers with banned consoles.

either way, great job at MS....they know what the fk they are doing.

I sure as hell expected the PS3 to outsell 360. With all the new winds blowing it's weird how these things never change. :lol

Afrikan said:
how many 360 consoles were banned again???

And here come the tinfoils. :D

Road

Code:
[b]Year to Date (YOY):[/b]

WII	5.78 (-27.9%)
360	3.46 ( +5.0%)
PS3	2.97 ( +5.5%)
NDS	7.88 (+14.0%)
PSP	1.84 (-34.5%)
PS2	1.47 (-29.9%)

(In millions.)

Surprising 360 performance. Not sure even MS expected that.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Why are people surprised at the Xbox 360 outselling the PS3? Microsoft rendered hundreds of thousands of consoles useless during this NPD month. It was almost inevitable that Modern Warfare-wanting pirates would be buying replacement machines and copies of the game.

Halo is done as #1 franchise on 360. Modern Warfare has officially taken over.

Those PSP numbers are simply atricious.

And wow @ 360 beating PS3.

Glad to see AC2 chart. What a fucking fantastic game.

jett

D-Member
Fucking stupid PS3 owners choosing MW2 over U2. Insane numbers for that game...6 million in one month.

Reggie am fucked.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Burai said:
Why are people surprised at the Xbox 360 outselling the PS3? Microsoft rendered hundreds of thousands of consoles useless during this NPD month. It was almost inevitable that Modern Warfare-wanting pirates would be buying replacement machines and copies of the game.

IT BEGINS :lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
Burai said:

Oh my.

TheExodu5

Banned
Kusagari said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol at PS3. Where are all the PS3 fanboys who have been saying for weeks that the PS3 would dominate 360 this holiday?! :lol :lol :lol

PS3 fanboys? Almost everyone expected the PS3 to outsell the 360 handily.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Burai said:

Are there really that many pirates?

legend166

cooljeanius said:
NSMBW didn't outsell either of the MW2s... still 2 more months to outsell the PS3 one.

And @#$#%^&*! 500s, ruining my reading of the Dudebro thread!

I think it'll outsell the PS3 version through January. Will probably do another million in December.

4.2 million for CoD on 360 is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge though. I'll be very interested to see what kind of legs it has.

watership

Burai said:

Well, that was quick.

Snipes424

Why are people surprised @ 360 beating PS3? Wasn't that expected this month? with the MW2 bundle and not to mention MW2 was marketed as a 360 exclusive.

I'm about as unsurprised as I could be.

harSon

Banned
I'm not all that surprised at the 360's sales, it always seems to pick up steam around the holiday season. I initially thought it'd out sell the Playstation 3 for November and December but thought different when Microsoft remained relatively silent on their Black Friday numbers.

Top Bottom