• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2009

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jesus, look at all that 360 software.

Mod Abuse
Dragona Akehi said:
Alright here comes the one and only warning you're all going to get:

Anyone else who makes the claim that the 360 outsold the PS3 because of "the mass bannings" after this post is going to get a six month ban.

It's fucking ridiculous: it's the same stupid argument that PS2 sold because people kept rebuying them because they broke. So knock it off.
/Mod Abuse

shinshero

Here's my Predictions for comparison:

[360] 690k - Way off
[NDS] 2100k
[PS2] 178k
[PS3] 950k - WAAAAAY OFFFF....
[PSP] 385k
[WII] 1250k

[360 Assassin's Creed II] 731,000
[360 Modern Warfare 2] 4,238,277
[360 Left4Dead 2] 560,000
[PS3 Assassin's Creed II] 574,000
[PS3 Modern Warfare 2] 2,684,243
[PS3 Uncharted 2] 234,000
[WII New Super Mario Bros. Wii] 1,700,000
[PC Modern Warfare 2] 156,973
[Total SW $ in millions] 1780

Cheez-It

ChuBoi said:
Good numbers for L4D2. Did Reggie say NSMBW would beat 360 or PS3 MW2?

He believes it will outsell ONE of them, accounting for now through January.

I do as well. Not on the 360 though. Probably within a few months to a year for that...

Frillen

Afrikan said:
how many 360 consoles were banned again???

edit- basically are these 800k+ mostly new console owners or gamers with banned consoles.

either way, great job at MS....they know what the fk they are doing.

The 'boys have arrived!

JudgeN

Seems like 360's get pushed really hard by retailers during Christmas (for obvious reasons). They had the Walmart $100 gift card deal, and there is another $50 gift card deal on the Elite, it seem like the PS3 rarely gets these kind of deals.

All and All good numbers for all system but maybe its just me but AC2 numbers seem really low.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
legend166 said:
I think it'll outsell the PS3 version through January. Will probably do another million in December.

It will do more than that in December.

Anyone know off hand what Galaxy did in November 2007?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is the highest "Top 10" software ever.

As a point of reference, last _December_ the top ten did 8.56 million. The top 10 here did 11.54 million. Last November, 7.26 million.

CoD MW2 360 is, as you'd expect, the highest month one ever by a long shot.

kassatsu said:
So which version of MW2 was NSMB Wii supposed to outsell Reggie?

How many cretins are going to say this shit? Did Reggie say that NSMB Wii was going to outsell 360 or PS3 MW2 in the first month of tracking? NO. I can't wait for the NPD a year from now when NSMB Wii is still in the Top 5 and all you will post is emoticons.

november 2008

* Wii - 2,040,000
* Nintendo DS - 1,570,000
* Xbox 360 - 836,000
* PSP - 421,000
* Playstation 3 - 378,000
* Playstation 2 - 206,000

November 2009

* Wii - 1,260,000
* Nintendo DS - 1,700,000
* Xbox 360 - 819,500
* PSP - 293,900
* PlayStation 3 - 710,400
* PlayStation 2 - 203,100

Wii - down a lot
NDS - up
Xbox 360 - up a little
PSP - down
PS3 - up a lot
PS2 stagnant

Mooreberg

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* 360 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Nov-09 4.20M
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2* PS3 ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Nov-09 1.87M

More than six million units in 18 days. Holy shit.

360 outselling PS3 is pretty surprising, I wonder if new purchasers picking up a system with MW2 was part of that.

Probably been said already but it looks like the system bans helped out for MS. Still surprised to see the 360 over the PS3 though.

PS3's first million seller for a single month?

Burai said:
Why are people surprised at the Xbox 360 outselling the PS3? Microsoft rendered hundreds of thousands of consoles useless during this NPD month. It was almost inevitable that Modern Warfare-wanting pirates would be buying replacement machines and copies of the game.

Can we start a chalk board or flow chart or something so we can keep all the tin foil hat excuses in one place. It's no fun to laugh at them if they are all scattered.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
JudgeN said:
Seems like 360's get pushed really hard by retailers during Christmas (for obvious reasons). They had the Walmart $100 gift card deal, and there is another $50 gift card deal on the Elite, it seem like the PS3 rarely gets these kind of deals.

PS3 had some absolutely incredible bundles for Black Friday weekend.

Pretty weak excuse.

Sadist

Burai said:
Why are people surprised at the Xbox 360 outselling the PS3? Microsoft rendered hundreds of thousands of consoles useless during this NPD month. It was almost inevitable that Modern Warfare-wanting pirates would be buying replacement machines and copies of the game.
2hqwcr8.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is there a breakdown in hardware bundles? Can we determine what the 360 Elite w/MW2 sold?

Ardorx

Banned
Realistically, how could anyone expect the 360 not to outsell the PS3 (though I was hoping the PS3 would be the higher seller)? It's still cheaper and comes packed with two games by default.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Y2Kev said:
Modern Warfare 2 is otherworldly. Is this the biggest debut ever?

The 360's sales alone would win that title compared to any multiplatform launch. Adding in the PS3 is just gravy. No, I'm not kidding.

shinshero

Wait...These NPD numbers don't include the entire Black Friday week do they? (Ends on 29/11/09 as opposed to NPD coverage up to the 28th)

torontoml

I was expecting PS3 to beat the 360 like so many others, but after seeing the MW2 #'s it doesn't surprise me that the 360 did outsell the PS3, I'm sure there were quite a few of those MW2 bundles sold out of those 4 million copies on Xbox.

LCfiner

NeoUltima said:
I'ma just say it first...Wal-Mart had the best bundle and NPD don't track them.

lol

um… pretty sure that NPD extrapolates hardware sales from all retailers based on data from a few.

jagowar

Frillen said:
Uncharted uncharted.

Thats the second biggest surprise for me..... (after the 360 beat ps3 in sales). I really thought uncharted 2 would stick around a bit longer. Guess that shows you a healthy percentage of ps3's are primarily being used for bluray.

devilhawk

2010 - Year of PS3!

Burai said:
:lol

graywolf323

OldJadedGamer said:
Wow, no one expected the 360 to top PS3 especially considering MS's super lame ass percentage talk after black Friday...

Wow.

yea that's definitely part of the reason I'm shocked by this

Top Bottom