• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

Raist

Banned
So anyway, is anyone willing to look up the first 12 months of US sales for the PS3 and 360? From this we could at least get an estimate on PS4+XB1 sales for October 2014.

mcrommert

Banned
A certain site who gave full numbers last month doesn't have any for Nov. It was posted by a member here but then he edited his post as he was told. Seems it was too late as it was posted on chartzzzzzzzzzz.

Sigh. PM's are your friend.

I bookmarked the site just in case.

EDIT-

Too early in the morning. Obviously i ment Sep and OCT. lol.

I'd love a pm too

QaaQer

I'm not even sure what happened, and I've read most of last month's NPD thread. I just saw her gradually lose it, posting all caps and one-word posts and stuff.

NPD is enforcing it's property rights to increase/protect profits. I look at last thread as a fun blowout of info.

Internet isn't as anon or free as people think.

Welfare

A certain site who gave full numbers last month doesn't have any for Nov. It was posted by a member here but then he edited his post as he was told. Seems it was too late as it was posted on chartzzzzzzzzzz.

Sigh. PM's are your friend.

I bookmarked the site just in case.

EDIT-

Too early in the morning. Obviously i ment Sep and OCT. lol.

PM? Pretty please?

It´s not equivalent at all. The whole gaming world was abuzz with emotion engine and how powerful the PS2 was. That did not happen to the DS. Not because its power anyway. Not to mention that DS launched a month before the PSP.

Derp. The PS2 was seen as the most powerful console when it was released and by a large margin. Your equivalency is stupid and does not make sense. Everyone was talking about the powerful the PS2 is, and emotion engine and what not. No one talked about 3DS as the most powerful. Almost no one made a big deal. Unlike the PS2 which power meant a lot to the console.

Right back at you.

Except the difference is almost no one was talking the 3DS´s power, unlike the PS2.
Which still has absolutely nothing to do with your very very bad argument.

People might have used the PS2's tech as a reason to buy, but that's only good for a year, before much more powerful hardware is on the market. It's a combo of factors that lead to a console success. Power can be a facet of that, as it was with the PS2.

That still doesn't change that your argument is silly at best. PS2 was the most powerful hardware on the market, for a year. It was not the most powerful hardware of its generation.

It is a rarity for the most powerful console to win any generation. Because there's more to it than the capability of the hardware. Which should be obvious if you stop to think about it.

TomShoe

Banned
I'm not even sure what happened, and I've read most of last month's NPD thread. I just saw her gradually lose it, posting all caps and one-word posts and stuff.

If you go to the predictions thread for that month, that's where the majority of the argument took place.

Raist

Banned
You know, if NPD is that worried about leaks, then they should go back to the good old days and throw a couple of bones. HW numbers and a top 5 SW or something.
Leaks became prominent because they stopped releasing any kind of numbers. Which I don't think was hurting the sales of their reports in the first place.

gtj1092

No....only retailer specific deal I could find for PS4 was the Toys R Us bundle with Lego and LBP3.
Everywhere else seems to be just doing the standard TLOU + GTA bundle.

But there is still hope, Gamestop's BF has not been leaked yet.

There is a deal in the flyer for walmart for a Ps4 GTA5+TLOU and two more games for $450. Online only though but I say that is even better because you don't have to fight lines to get it.

WnpfF1F.png

Which still has absolutely nothing to do with your very very bad argument.

People might have used the PS2's tech as a reason to buy, but that's only good for a year, before much more powerful hardware is on the market. It's a combo of factors that lead to a console success. Power can be a facet of that, as it was with the PS2.

That still doesn't change that your argument is silly at best. PS2 was the most powerful hardware on the market, for a year. It was not the most powerful hardware of its generation.

It is a rarity for the most powerful console to win any generation. Because there's more to it than the capability of the hardware. Which should be obvious if you stop to think about it.

Many people till this day still believe the Ps2 was the most powerful console though and two of the main reasons the more powerful console never won was because it was usually more expensive and a year(s) late. And the hype for ps2 being powerful didn't die after a year. You have to count the year following the DC launch and the near 18mos till the gamecube and xbox launched. And even then people weren't quite convinced xbox or gamecube were actually more powerful when looking at the games. But like you say there is not one reason a console sales well. Always a combo of factors.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
You know, if NPD is that worried about leaks, then they should go back to the good old days and throw a couple of bones. HW numbers and a top 5 SW or something.
Leaks became prominent because they stopped releasing any kind of numbers. Which I don't think was hurting the sales of their reports in the first place.

Yeah, NPD altered the deal, which was originally to give numbers for the top 10 games and all the consoles. They deserve to pay a penalty.

Were they seriously driven away?

I didn't follow last months NPD thread closely, what happened?

Too many site were mining Gaf for NPD numbers, and NPD is getting increasing agitated with the leaks and were targeting Gaf. Aqua seemed legit scared of this, but was still willing to share as long as her fellow Gaf members would help her out.

Aqua simply wanted an email tag system, where if you see one bolded letter or the whole post bolded, click the quote to get the leaks. Just to show NPD that we're at least trying to hide the numbers, until another system is put in place to prevent lurkers spreading it.

A few of posters attacked, talking about they should be able to discuss whatever they want without hiding (one a poster from *****zzz), calling Aqua childish, and refused to do it.

So because Gaf members weren't willing to protect their worried leakers or themselves, A said f' it, C said he suddenly lost his source, and now we're left with shit.

There is a deal in the flyer for walmart for a Ps4 GTA5+TLOU and two more games for $450. Online only though but I say that is even better because you don't have to fight lines to get it.

WnpfF1F.png

Ahhh, right, I remember seeing that somewhere a couple days ago....didn't see it when I checked a couple minuets ago....will update my post with the info.

WnpfF1F.png

Many people till this day still believe the Ps2 was the most powerful console though and two of the main reasons the more powerful console never won was because it was usually more expensive and a year(s) late. And the hype for ps2 being powerful didn't die after a year. You have to count the year following the DC launch and the near 18mos till the gamecube and xbox launched. And even then people weren't quite convinced xbox or gamecube were actually more powerful when looking at the games. But like you say there is not one reason a console sales well. Always a combo of factors.
Phoeny isn't one of those people.

I'm not sure why he's being purposefully obtuse. We've argued before, but it's never been such a simplistic, weirdly childish argument.

Which isn't an argument that can be won. I'm the king of childish arguments.

No Sunset, no Forza Horizon, No Driveclub. Not a great month for exclusives. I wonder where Halo MCC will fall in November. Will it even chart?

Lemondish

Too late now, he said his bit and left like a cowboy into the sunset. Still, everyone is at fault here, even Aqua.

Gather around kids, this is called victim blaming. It's what happens when someone can't get their head out of their ass and instead chooses to make ridiculous unsubstantiated assumptions about the risks surrounding another's pure charity and dedication to a thankless community.

Too late now, he said his bit and left like a cowboy into the sunset. Still, everyone is at fault here, even Aqua.

If you don't know who to punish, you punish everyone. Everyone suffers until the rat comes out.

Why is Aqua at fault? She had no obligation to be kind enough to gives us information.

Cream lost his source. Aqua had some arguments, but asked for a 3 month ban. No one was really "driven away."

You really think Cream lost his source? Guess you didn't read his post closely. And those arguments over lack of concern for leakers and NPD getting increasingly concerned with Gaf, but members still butting heads with her over it lead her to request a ban.

She came back, got banned for real.

I suggest you read both NPD threads from last month if you want to learn more.

Welfare

No Sunset, no Forza Horizon, No Driveclub. Not a great month for exclusives. I wonder where Halo MCC will fall in November. Will it even chart?

Yes it will. It's Halo. Every game has charted at launch except for Halo CEA. MCC will most likely be in the top 5.

Hoping creamsugar passes on the details in a week or so to the predictions thread and we get scores. Don't mind if they want to keep the sales hidden, maybe have a second person make sure the calculations are correct.

Top Bottom