• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2017

Kimawolf

Is someone still gonna post the monthly sales here? That's all I are about. Can't be bothered with discord...

Well there are members committed to posting all the sales age stuff so.. I imagine it will continue on. tomorrow we'll get MC as usual, it'll continue, just with new faces. No one is irreplaceable.

Howdy there, this is Renewed and I'm a moderator on the SalesGAF Discord. I'm working my way through quite a few invites for other users for other servers so it'd work nicely if you reach me by PM and mention you'd like an invite for SalesGAF.

The issue of the PM's limit of 10 minutes to send a new message can make this slow so please understand while we work through and bring folks over. Thanks all.

I'd appreciate a link as well. I tried to dm you, but I don't think it was going through for some reason. Or it did, and I blew up your inbox on accident. Haha.

Usobuko

Banned
Well there are members committed to posting all the sales age stuff so.. I imagine it will continue on. tomorrow we'll get MC as usual, it'll continue, just with new faces. No one is irreplaceable.

Nah, from the looks of the number of people volunteering on discord, the years where prominent members track sales, I doubt the new guys are as well equipped to take up the mantle.

You can have discussion but it will pale to what Salesgaf originally bring to the table. The NPD guy isn't even here anymore.

Renewed

Hey there all, I came back to the remaining messages I was expecting after studying and quite a few more popped up. I'll be staying up a bit longer to get some more out for a good hour or more. Sorry for the wait. A good way for me to reach you quickly is via Discord. As long as you've PMed me on GAF and mention your handle, it'll be good.

Quote this post to find my handle

Nah, from the looks of the number of people volunteering on discord, the years where prominent members track sales, I doubt the new guys are as well equipped to take up the mantle.

You can have discussion but it will pale to what Salesgaf originally bring to the table. The NPD guy isn't even here anymore.

"originally" would imply back a decade+ ago when we used to get full numbers for literally everything.
What we've been getting over the past 5-8 years has been a sham compared to what we used to get.

border

"originally" would imply back a decade+ ago when we used to get full numbers for literally everything.
What we've been getting over the past 5-8 years has been a sham compared to what we used to get.

My impression is that there is some secret group that was still getting a fair amount of data. It just can't be posted at all on NeoGAF since they are kinda beholden to the NPD Group. I never really bothered getting into the secret dark world of NPD, so maybe I'm way off though.

NPD discussion is why I joined GAF 12 years ago. If I can now find it elsewhere, it'd be a fitting out. May I please have a link also?

Old school GAF NPD threads were the best, its the reason I too lurked these boards over a decade ago. I used to do NTDOY day trading based on GAF discussion!

Madness

"SNES Classic was the overall top unit selling hardware platform in the period.”

Everyone I knew who wanted one, myself inclhded,got one.

Celine

Agreed, if SalesAge community move on, it will be hard to replace.
The argument is fairly niche compared to general gaming despite its importance and only a small fraction of gamers really care about it.
The more passionate about VG sales aggregated here on GAF from all around the world due to specific circumstance tracing back to early '00s which in turn attracted even more new users through time which wanted to know and talk about the industry (be them active users or lurkers).
It's not a coincidences that typical SalesAge threads are now filled with people (many lurkers) asking about discord links.

Old school GAF NPD threads were the best, its the reason I too lurked these boards over a decade ago. I used to do NTDOY day trading based on GAF discussion!
Ah! that's funny.
Bunkum days were indeed crazy.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
SNES the best selling console in 2017, and not even a proper SNES. Followed by the weakest current gen console. I hope at least some major companies can get it through their head that we don't need hyper realistic $100M games.

Did you look at the rest of the top 20?

8byte

Banned
Glad to see Crash and Uncharted hanging tough in the top 20!!

SNES the best selling console in 2017, and not even a proper SNES. Followed by the weakest current gen console. I hope at least some major companies can get it through their head that we don't need hyper realistic $100M games.

Like 50% (or more) of the top 20 are anything but hyper realistic games? Publishers have been delivering quite a bit of stylized, fun, completely unrealistic titles...I don’t think there’s a big problem here.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
NPD Threads haven’t been the same for months now. So personally it won’t change much :p
They did get better recently with the NPD guy joining even after the switch from units sold to revenue.

That switch hurt some of the debates but it just caused a shift of the topic. And unit sales still got put out by some folks doing math.

But yeah, agree with Celine and Usobuko. With most of the folks gone it's going to be even worse.

Duxxy3

NPD Threads haven’t been the same for months now. So personally it won’t change much :p

NPD threads were so much fun at the beginning of the generation. Now that we're pretty well settled in... eh, they're kinda boring.

Can't we just start next gen already?

Myutu

Neo Member
Link please
Sorry, to bother you, bud i cant contact you, i have few words with double vision, can you contact me, and did ,ou fix it ? I found out that you have same as me, in other posts, but i cant chat with you, can you pm me somhoe ?

Top Bottom