• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPR News: Black/Latino Families Have Half The Wealth Of White Single Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to get this infromation because the Census tables are in a terrible XLS format but let's have some perspective that racially a lot of hispanic and black households are single parents.

ST_2015-12-17_parenting-13.png

I think we need a lot more data to get a clearer picture of economic structures. I know a lot of minority group families working just as hard but they aren't struggling like this. I think we need a mode group to highlight the most common income clusters instead of using a straight up average. This article feels way too imprecise.
Attending college does not close the racial wealth gap.
Raising children in a two-parent household does not close the racial wealth gap.
Working full time does not close the racial wealth gap.
Spending less does not close the racial wealth gap.
The racial wealth gap isnt being closed by bootstraps,"responsible" behavior or whatever conservative talking point you want to throw out. So yes, "let's have some perspective" that your decades old talking point is a misdirection.

Deepwater

This is not good, but obviously it's an average.

In poor rural areas and rural states...it's a lot closer. They don't see that extra wealth. So you're seeing a racial divide, but there's a urban-rural divide that you're not seeing, bear that in mind.

It's all a messy situation without any quick solution.

Nobody claimed otherwise?

No one said anything about Black people systematically oppressing Africans. That never came out. I said they can be just as racist towards Africans as White people. Our little group has seen it and lived it. And for sure Afro-Americans don't consider Africans as Black. Under the racial category section on a form I'd get bubbled in as Black, but that's not what we're talking about and you know it.

Show us your evidence or admit you're pulling this out of your ass. edit: by evidence I dont mean anecdotes, I want research, a study, something that rises to the level of a factual analysis.

daffy

Banned
This is not good, but obviously it's an average.

In poor rural areas and rural states...it's a lot closer. They don't see that extra wealth. So you're seeing a racial divide, but there's a urban-rural divide that you're not seeing, bear that in mind.

It's all a messy situation without any quick solution.
The quick solution is to gtfo before the levees break but obviously its easier said than done

Yeah, I heard about those events.

It should be possible to pool resources together now without much if any interference. I actually wanted to talk about that in the community thread, but figured i'd be ignored lol.

Banished is a good documentary on it. It happened all over the country and is rarely ever discussed. Here's a trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARj_6SbjsXA

It should be possible but operating within a White supremacist/dominated society along with integration has made every man for themselves and then never coming back and those communities getting worse.

kirblar

The racial wealth gap isnt being closed by bootstraps,"responsible" behavior or whatever conservative talking point you want to throw out. So yes, "let's have some perspective" that your decades old talking point is a misdirection.
We're now seeing the same trends we've seen in minority households (increase in single-parent households, less marriage) in white people as well. Would strongly suspect we're seeing the impact of the safety net falling out and those boosted FHA effects fading over time (in addition to the systemic economic changes.)

Banished is a good documentary on it. Here's a trailer.

It should be possible but operating within a White supremacist/dominated society along with integration has made every man for themselves and then never coming back and those communities getting worse.

Couple that with gentrification pricing people out of the neighborhoods that do manage to recover and rebuild something and you've got a game nobody but rich people win.

Deepwater

Not to mention "Single parents" as a legal term just means not married with kids. It doesn't account for Aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, or even boyfriend/girlfriends helping to raise a children.

My Sister recently got married. She had 2 kids (one by the husband one by someone else). Before she got married she would technically be considered a "single parent" by probably any study or data set that used the term. Although she's been living with her now-husband for nearly 3 years and even before then stayed with my mom who also helped raise her first child.

Not saying there aren't situations where there are definitely actual single parents who have no support network, but the term is bogged down with assumptions and no nuance.

Mesousa

Banned
No one said anything about Black people systematically oppressing Africans. That never came out. I said they can be just as racist towards Africans as White people. Our little group has seen it and lived it. And for sure Afro-Americans don't consider Africans as Black. Under the racial category section on a form I'd get bubbled in as Black, but that's not what we're talking about and you know it.

Since you said DC I am gonna assume you are habesha, and your folks probably caught hell from black Americans mad at you guys turning shaw into Little Ethiopia. Would I be right?

Deepwater

Can't just address the issues specifically facing people of color. That would be racist.

And I used to go to school in Rural Appalachia (where the poorest of the poor whites live). The situation there is terrible, but the issues plaguing them are starkly different from the issues plaguing blacks/hispanics. Makes no sense to compare them unless we're making an indepth look at all the factors involved.

geestack

Playing devil's advocate here: If White supremacy was solely responsible for the wealth gap, why are Asians apparently not affected by it as they earn more than Whites on average in the US?

stop fucking using asians as the model minority. asians have higher wealth inequality than white people:

Wealth Inequality Among Asian Americans Greater Than Among Whites

when you group together a highly diverse group like "asians" it makes points meaningless. it's like grouping together various people under the "hispanics" banner; it doesn't make any sense.

I did a report on part of this in undergrad. Many major housing segregation cases weren't resolved until the 90s.

The thing with housing is that it's regulated mostly at a local level. Which is why when the federal decree came down, it took literal decades for everybody to fall in line. Even now there is still a discrimination problem in many communities, and nationally I think black and hispanics people still have an on average higher interest rates on mortgages compared to white people.
Yeah, I understand that organically, in a federal country, it can take ages for some legislation to effectively trickle down, particularly when the practices are hard to prove without numbers.

What surprised me the most was how that predatory "lending" wasn't downright illegal :
but in fact, Ross was not really a homeowner. His payments were made to the seller, not the bank. And Ross had not signed a normal mortgage. He’d bought “on contract”: a predatory agreement that combined all the responsibilities of homeownership with all the disadvantages of renting—while offering the benefits of neither. Ross had bought his house for $27,500. The seller, not the previous homeowner but a new kind of middleman, had bought it for only $12,000 six months before selling it to Ross. In a contract sale, the seller kept the deed until the contract was paid in full—and, unlike with a normal mortgage, Ross would acquire no equity in the meantime. If he missed a single payment, he would immediately forfeit his $1,000 down payment, all his monthly payments, and the property itself.

The other thing was the role of the federal government itself in redlining, it wasn't a fringe practice but an institutionalized approach to segregated housing.

Coates quotes a 1995 book in his piece, which frames very well why this inequality was bound to be inherited and bootstraps would never really matter:

Locked out of the greatest mass-based opportunity for wealth accumulation in American history, African Americans who desired and were able to afford home ownership found themselves consigned to central-city communities where their investments were affected by the “self-fulfilling prophecies” of the FHA appraisers: cut off from sources of new investment[,] their homes and communities deteriorated and lost value in comparison to those homes and communities that FHA appraisers deemed desirable.

stop fucking using asians as the model minority. asians have higher wealth inequality than white people:

Wealth Inequality Among Asian Americans Greater Than Among Whites

when you group together a highly diverse group like "asians" it makes points meaningless. it's like grouping together various people under the "hispanics" banner; it doesn't make any sense.

He's purposely perpetuating the "model minority" myth as a wedge between Asian Americans and Black Americans and simultaneously absolving White Supremacy and historical and systemic racism. It's pretty textbook conservative talking point.

Lkr

One of the biggest builders of wealth is homeownership.

Blacks were discriminated from home loans vociferously up until the Civil Rights Act.

Moreover, Blacks and Latinos cluster in cities demographically, where homeownership is much more expensive and prohibitive.

What's weird in places like NYC and SF is that there's a permanent service class--retail workers, restaurant workers, and so on that are mostly minorities, servicing mostly white folks. It's very disturbing. Go to any Whole Foods in NYC and that's what you see.

that actually makes a lot of sense. i've inherited money from relatives where the house/land is sold off and split among the heirs. most white people, myself included, never stop to think how different that would be for families that haven't had access to home/land ownership for several generations

Because when you use the term Racism and make a false equivalency that African Americans can be as Racist towards Africans as White People, it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the historical and systemic racism White people have had towards Blacks and completely dilutes the meaning of Racism.

"Our little group has seen it and lived it" is literally anecdotal evidence.

Perhaps travel outside your little circle. The majority of African immigrants eventually intermarry with African Americans. As an African American with a huge network of Black friends and associates, study African American history and culture, and travel to various different Black communities around America, I literally have never heard or saw this phenomenon that African Americans don't consider Africans "Black". All the while having friends and associates in Black networks that are Nigerian, Ghanaian, Ethiopian, and Eritirean.

One, I'm not going to get into a debate over semantics. So miss me with that "diluting" and "meaning" shit. Second, if you're going to make a point by referencing your diverse social circle or "network" of international friends and associates then at least make an effort to spell their title correctly but I'll chalk that one up as a typo.

I'm not going to convince you to see things from my perspective since you're on the other side of that spectrum and are blissfully content with staying there.

Cyframe

Black equity was literally burned to the ground. Look at Black Wallstreet.

It's also important to remember (I can't believe I have to say this) that African Americans are direct descendants of enslaved Africans. We didn't immigrate here. We didn't have a choice, we had to build this country and reaped none of the benefits. Education was slim (Brown vs Board of Education) and schools still are mostly segregated with predominantly Black schools underfunded. Success for Black people is not a lack of will, it's systemic oppression.

Look at Black women, most educated demographic in the US, with some of the lowest earnings of any degree holder. That's not lack of initiative.

White people can have to hard, but there are big differences. White people are seen as individuals. Black people are seen as...if one Black person does anything..it's "Why are all Black people like that" That individualism is a huge benefit.

Even white people with a criminal record can have second chances in life, including being hired before a Black person without. But if a Black person has any sort of record, which isn't out of the question considering the history of oppression and things like the school to prison pipeline, we are effectively blacklisted from higher earnings period.

Names can have a big impact as well. Name sounds too Black, good luck, because you won't get hired, and this is why many Black people have middle names to use on applications.

that actually makes a lot of sense. i've inherited money from relatives where the house/land is sold off and split among the heirs. most white people, myself included, never stop to think how different that would be for families that haven't had access to home/land ownership for several generations

An old friend's grandpa passed away and left him with 200k and a paid off house. He used that money to pay off his entire mortgage and student loans, then rented out the inherited house. My grandpa passed away and all he had was a life insurance policy for 5k, which as you can guess didn't cover all the costs. That's when my eyes were opened on how much past injustices affect future generations.

One, I'm not going to get into a debate over semantics. So miss me with that "diluting" and "meaning" shit. Second, if you're going to make a point by referencing your diverse social circle or "network" of international friends and associates then at least make an effort to spell their title correctly but I'll chalk that one up as a typo.

I'm not going to convince you to see things from my perspective since you're on the other side of that spectrum and are blissfully content with staying there.

I mean then say African American can be racist towards Africans. Drop the White analogy because that's what fucks up your comparison due to CONTEXT. Guess what? Dark skin African Americans can be racist towards Dark Skin African Americans. I wouldn't then say African Americans can be just as racist towards Africans Americans as White people. Y'know why? Because it'd be fucking stupid given the CONTEXT.

I'm not trying to slight your perspective in any way, what you believe could be very true in your experience but the problem is you can't then extrapolate that and then make a general statement that African Americans don't consider Africans "BLACK". Because and here's the most important part, IT'S NOT TRUE.

geestack

He's purposely perpetuating the "model minority" myth as a wedge between Asian Americans and Black Americans and simultaneously absolving White Supremacy and historical and systemic racism. It's pretty textbook conservative talking point.

should've realized i got caught slipping taking the bait before i checked the post history!

I'm not trying to slight your perspective in any way, what you believe could be very true in your experience but the problem is you can't then extrapolate that and then make a general statement that African Americans don't consider Africans "BLACK". Because and here's the most important part, IT'S NOT TRUE.

You don't know wtf you're talking about. That much is obvious.

Even in this very thread, this small corner of the universe, we had someone go on about how another african wants to belittle Blacks, "without us they'd be nothing in America." While he made a point, he demonstrated the same angst and bigoted-minded attitude that I've alluded to from the beginning of this thread. That was exactly my point. Were he a White GAFer and he said that about a Black member of this board, he'd be named a bigot.

Afro-Americans, I've found, think that way about Africans, and no, they don't consider us Black.

And I call BS on none of your "African friends" having heard this.

Banished is a good documentary on it. It happened all over the country and is rarely ever discussed. Here's a trailer.

If you can provide an incentive for people to contribute to something like a development fund, they will likely particpate since they can benefit from it in the long run.

Deepwater

Even in this very thread, this small corner of the universe, we had someone go on about how another african wants to belittle Blacks, "without us they'd be nothing in America." While he made a point, he demonstrated the same angst and bigoted-minded attitude that I've alluded to from the beginning of this thread. That was exactly my point. Were he a White GAFer and he said that about a Black member of this board, he'd be named a bigot.

Afro-Americans, I've found, think that way about Africans, and no, they don't consider us Black.

I was responding to this idea that African Immigrants are somehow persecuted or discriminated against by Black Americans, and that many contemporary views by Africans who hold those kind of views are rooted in ignorance. I never said all Africans or even many Africans. I'm friends with Africans, but in all of the Africans I've met the ones who feel some sort of angst against Black Americans have a thought process that's not supported by the context of history. I was very specific in who I was referring to.

Also, to say make false equivalences to what I said, compared to if a white person said it, is also rooted in ignorance of context. Black Americans have nothing to be grateful towards White America for "allowing" us to be slightly more free every 50 or so years. African Immigrants, specifically the ones who immigrated towards the latter half of the 20th century, owe the opportunity of their successes to the STRUGGLE that Black Americans went through

But Black Americans do not oppress African Immigrants. And I said what I said with the candor of realizing there are a number of African Immigrants who come to this country and think that they are able to be successful despite their skin color, and take whatever personal negative experience they've had with Black Americans and juxtapose the two phenomenon.

You wouldn't have these African Immigrants attending top tier college institutions if it were not for Black Americans desegregating schools in the first place. We all stand on the shoulders of giants, I just take offense to the idea that successful African Immigrants are exceptions to that rule.

How is it obvious? How do I not know what I'm talking about? You have yet to counter anything I've said and worse yet you double down on your anecdotal experience. LOL Get out of your bubble, man.

The poster wasn't trying to belittle Africans, he was showing attitudes some African immigrants may have towards African American without fully understanding the complexities of their plight, part of which has played a key role in African immigrants even being able to succeed in America.

LOL @ calling BS on my African friends having not heard this.

That OP left out the most crucial finding of this study and I have no idea why.
This is really depressing.
Yeah, I heard about those events.

It should be possible to pool resources together now without much, if any, interference. I actually wanted to talk about that in the community thread, but figured i'd be ignored lol.
I still think there'd be something or a group that wouldn't like this do they'd do something to stop it. Maybe not yo the same effect as before but through laws or subterfuge.

Kreed

Most of the criticism you've been getting in this thread so far hasn't been because other posters have been questioning your experiences, but because you're choosing to blanket EVERY black person in the US by your experiences and it's not valid even for the black people participating in this thread with you, let alone all over the country. There are definitely black people who think and act the way you're describing, the same way that there are black people who don't consider Obama to be black because of his mixed ancestry. But you shouldn't be applying these experiences with every black person born in the United States. It's not good for the discussion going on in this thread, or in general.

I was responding to this idea that African Immigrants are somehow persecuted or discriminated against by Black Americans, and that many contemporary views by Africans who hold those kind of views are rooted in ignorance. I never said all Africans or even many Africans. I'm friends with Africans, but in all of the Africans I've met the ones who feel some sort of angst against Black Americans have a thought process that's not supported by the context of history. I was very specific in who I was referring to.

Also, to say make false equivalences to what I said, compared to if a white person said it, is also rooted in ignorance of context. Black Americans have nothing to be grateful towards White America for "allowing" us to be slightly more free every 50 or so years. African Immigrants, specifically the ones who immigrated towards the latter half of the 20th century, owe the opportunity of their successes to the STRUGGLE that Black Americans went through

But Black Americans do not oppress African Immigrants. And I said what I said with the candor of realizing there are a number of African Immigrants who come to this country and think that they are able to be successful despite their skin color, and take whatever personal negative experience they've had with Black Americans and juxtapose the two phenomenon.

You wouldn't have these African Immigrants attending top tier college institutions if it were not for Black Americans desegregating schools in the first place. We all stand on the shoulders of giants, I just take offense to the idea that successful African Immigrants are exceptions to that rule.

I read a study a few years ago that documented educated African immigrants with advanced degrees hitting a glass ceiling in terms of their pay compared to Whites with the same level of education. I'd have to find it, but the study was revealing in that one of the most common talking points used to deny the existence of White supremacy (African immigrants doing well) falls apart when you examine it closely.

I dont know what The Horror the Horror is talking about but it's suspect as hell and sounds like a talking point out of the 80s and 90s.
The mindset he describes isnt an accurate reflection of attitudes in the new millenium. There's tons of cultural back and forth between AAs and West Africans in particular, music and social media broke down alot of the cultural tensions between Africans and the Black diaspora.

What I have noticed is that some East Africans, particularly Somalis and Kenyans, come over here with an ugly outlook toward AAs, and when you ask them why and they proceed to list their reasons, they sound like White Evangelical Republicans. Then you come to find out, it's White evangelicals brainwashing them over there in Africa and telling them keep away from AAs.

wildfire

Banned
African Immigrants come into America, benefit from the privilege of not being "African American" to white people, benefit from the privilege of all the civil rights activism done by African Americans, yet love to speak ill on black americans.

This mentality with Africans by and large come from an ignorance of the subjugation of black americans have faced in America. They feel we are wasting opportunity, don't value education, don't value community, it's all bullshit.

African Immigrants would be nothing in America without Black Americans. Literally, nothing.

With that shit logic we wouldn't be anything either since it was with the aid of white Americans with a conscious the civil war even happened in the first place.

Don't go waving your finger at immigrants especially those with a history of their generations getting battered by colonialism.

What's wrong with you?

You're assuming I'm saying the income gaps is being closed.

I didn't at all and I'm actually sure the article is true but considering how many minorities are categorized as unemployed I wanted to see a break down by mode instead of average to see the wealth gap differences along other metrics than simply racial lines.

Deepwater

With that shit logic we wouldn't be anything either since it was with the aid of white Americans with a conscious the civil war even happened in the first place.

Don't go waving your finger at immigrants especially those with a history of their generations getting battered by colonialism.

What's wrong with you?

I like how you skip over my refutal of the fallacious reasoning to make false equivalencies by implying Black American/White American relationships and history is the same as Black America and Africans.

Also good for you to cape for the nobility of the White North implying that they went to war because they felt bad for black slaves. And then trying to make me look like the bad guy because of the colonialism that africans had to suffer, whilst failing to mention all of the shit black americans specifically had to deal with in this country

I see you. You're not slick

I read a study a few years ago that documented educated African immigrants with advanced degrees hitting a glass ceiling in terms of their pay compared to Whites with the same level of education. I'd have to find it, but the study was revealing in that one of the most common talking points used to deny the existence of White supremacy (African immigrants doing well) falls apart when you examine it closely.

I dont know what The Horror the Horror is talking about but it's suspect as hell and sounds like a talking point out of the 80s and 90s.
The mindset he describes isnt an accurate reflection of attitudes in the new millenium. There's tons of cultural back and forth between AAs and West Africans in particular, music and social media broke down alot of the cultural tensions between Africans and the Black diaspora.

What I have noticed is that some East Africans, particularly Somalis and Kenyans, come over here with an ugly outlook toward AAs, and when you ask them why and they proceed to list their reasons, they sound like White Evangelical Republicans. Then you come to find out, it's White evangelicals brainwashing them over there in Africa and telling them keep away from AAs.

Not to mention it just doesn't make sense. Why would African Americans consider Afro Carribeans, Afro-Latinos "Black" but not actual Africans? LOL Also when you look at marriage habits and/or offspring over a century, at some point most of these African immigrants will become African Americans whether through the coupling and/or intermarriage between African Americans, integrating through African-American communities, businesses, and or networks, or by completely assimilating.

Never heard of an African turning their nose on Malcolm, Martin, or any of the Civil Rights leaders and their proactive descendants who've helped pave the way. They've probably turned their noses on your clown ass for trying to lump yourself in with them, then you misconstrued their attitude towards you as their opinion of those who've bled, died, or gone to jail for the cause. Just because I don't like you or don't like what you're about doesn't mean I'm any less appreciative of what the proactive Black community leaders have done. Or maybe, just maybe, they come here from a really hellish country and feel they don't owe anything to you (YOU, by the way) or your spoiled friends who're enjoying the same fruits of the struggle that have prompted them to arrive to this country.

Deepwater

Never heard of an African turning their nose on Malcolm, Martin, or any of the Civil Rights leaders and their proactive descendants who've helped pave the way. They've probably turned their noses on your clown ass for trying to lump yourself in with them, then you misconstrued their attitude towards you as their opinion of those who've bled, died, or gone to jail for the cause. Just because I don't like you or don't like what you're about doesn't mean I'm any less appreciative of what the proactive Black community leaders have done. Or maybe, just maybe, they come here from a really hellish country and feel they don't owe anything to you (YOU, by the way) or your spoiled friends who're enjoying the same fruits of the struggle that have prompted them to arrive to this country.

Say it with your chest.

Remember, they're our ancestors, not yours. When you speak ill of us, you speak ill of them. I'm not asking you to pay deference to me, I'm saying you're not paying deference to them when you misconstrue their descendants to whatever ill-informed preconceptions you have based on your own anecdotal experience.

Say it with your chest.

Remember, they're our ancestors, not yours. When you speak ill of us, you speak ill of them. I'm not asking you to pay deference to me, I'm saying you're not paying deference to them when you misconstrue their descendants to whatever ill-informed preconceptions you have based on your own anecdotal experience.

Just as long as you remember to be thankful that you're from a country that gave those leaders a platform to have a movement. Compared to most of the Africans who've immigrated here, you had it easy. Protests and boycotting wouldn't have worked in my country, that's for sure. "Speak ill of us, you speak ill of them." I'm speaking ill of you, trying to lump yourself with a group that actually put the work in. Man please.

Deepwater

Just as long as you remember to be thankful that you're from a country that gave those leaders a platform to have a movement. Compared to most of the Africans who've immigrated here, you had it easy. Protests and boycotting wouldn't have worked in my country, that's for sure. "Speak ill of us, you speak ill of them." I'm speaking ill of you, trying to lump yourself with a group that actually put the work in. Man please.

Lmao. Of course your true feelings come out in the wash.

Let it all out, tell me how you really feel.

wildfire

Banned
I like how you skip over my refutal of the fallacious reasoning to make false equivalencies by implying Black American/White American relationships and history is the same as Black America and Africans.

Also good for you to cape for the nobility of the White North implying that they went to war because they felt bad for black slaves. And then trying to make me look like the bad guy because of the colonialism that africans had to suffer, whilst failing to mention all of the shit black americans specifically had to deal with in this country

I see you. You're not slick

You're very slow on the uptake if you didn't realize I'm saying your idea that Africans is nothing because of what Black Americans have done in the past is EQUALLY as flawed as someone saying Black Americans are nothing because they needed the help of white people to get their rights.

What?

That has nothing to do with African Americans pooling their resources together in order to empower themselves and better their communities.

It's not, but my point was really that even a program like that wouldn't exist today if people hell bent on destroying something like a development fund for Afro-Americans would bother to do so.

That's assuming people haven't already tried to destroy that foundation.

Just as long as you remember to be thankful that you're from a country that gave those leaders a platform to have a movement. Compared to most of the Africans who've immigrated here, you had it easy. Protests and boycotting wouldn't have worked in the countries most of them have fled from. "Speak ill of us, you speak ill of them." I'm speaking ill of you, trying to lump yourself with a group that actually put the work in. Man please.

It's amazing how unaware you are of reinforcing every point Deepwater said some African immigrants attitudes have towards African Americans.

It's not, but my point was really that even a program like that wouldn't exist today if people hell bent on destroying something like a development fund would bother to do so.

That's assuming people haven't already tried to destroy that foundation.

What? We're talking about America. You're listing some government agency in helping Africa. I don't get your point at all.

I see we on that divide & conquer shit in here.

I'mma sit back and continue watching this shit before I grab the mic. But I will say that I am most disappointed in you.

Word? Easy, huh?

*continues taking notes*

Deepwater

You're very slow on the uptake if you didn't realize I'm saying your idea that Africans is nothing because of what Black Americans have done in the past is EQUALLY as flawed as someone saying Black Americans are nothing because they needed the help of white people to get their rights.

I'm saying that African Immigrants who chastise Black Americans for perceived cultural differences as it relates to education, social mobility, etc., are forgetting that they're only succeeding in America off the backs of Black American labor. The difference being, that if Africans were have immigrated in levels that they did in the late 20th century, in 1950? The sentiment would be muuuuuuuch different.

I said what I said. I have nothing against and love Africans but I will candidly defend my kin when people want to talk shit about Black Americans. Black Americans died and fought to claim our civil liberties. I take offense to the idea that Africans Immigrants were somehow pathologically exceptional enough to the white supremacist structure to succeed where Black Americans failed without acknowledging the PRIVILEGE that was afforded to them through OUR blood and tears.

You can keep your comparison to BA's owing white america anything and go kick rocks to be quite frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom