• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPR: The president's lawyer needs his own lawyer.

Full story here.

Four months into the Trump administration, the president's lawyer needs a lawyer.

Intensifying investigations into Russian interference in last year's presidential election and ties between Russians and the Trump campaign have a lot of high-profile people in search of legal advice, if only out of an abundance of caution. And, two sources tell NPR, one of them is White House counsel Donald McGahn.

According to lawyers from both political parties, by those measures, McGahn is hanging on by a thread.

"McGahn is reportedly 'an iconoclast bent on shaking things up,' " wrote Goldsmith, who now teaches at Harvard Law School. "Unfortunately for the President, that is not an attractive quality in a White House Counsel, whose main job is to ensure that the President and the White House steer clear of legal and ethical and related political problems."

Fat4all

Banned
soon we're all gonna need lawyers just for following the case closely

and then our lawyers will need two lawyers

Linkura

We're sailing in some unchartered waters here.

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

Mask

Huh, I guess surrounding yourself with rotten yes-men and similar trash like you isn't such a good idea after all, Trump?

I think we're lucky that he's so incompetent and cocky that he'll play himself on Twitter and act like a buffoon at every social event and summit so far, it'd be a far more drawn out affair if he actually had any semblance of a brain rattling around in that pumpkin-like skull of his.

Mr.Mike

Is this really all that uncommon? I'd imagine regardless of your own qualifications you would want someone more removed from things to help you out with your own stuff.

Is this really all that uncommon? I'd imagine regardless of your own qualifications you would want someone more removed from things to help you out with your own stuff.

Read the whole article. There are a number of lawyers that are criticizing what's going on here.

A lawyer seeking outside counsel on legal matters is completely normal.

The Chief Lawyer to POTUS, who is supposed to keep the administration out of legal trouble, needing to seek counsel because of all this shit is what's so troubling.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So the Lawyer needs a Lawyer, what happens if that Lawyers know to much from the first Lawyer, does Second Lawyer need third Lawyer?, When does Fourth and Fifth Lawyer come into play?

If the presidents lawyer needs a lawyer, then eventually that lawyer needs a lawyer...then the next one needs a lawyer...

Does it eventually go back to the presidents lawyer in a giant loop? Or does the lawyer chain end?

slit

Just leave the damn WH already! He's making a fool of himself. Although I guess that has never stopped him before.

Top Bottom