• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NSFW) Bullet Girls new trailer

Why would we have awful things to say about Japan? Otaku exist everywhere.

Hard to deny Japan is a major source of fan service games. Even the big boys like Square Enix are all about dressing up women in scantily clad outfits.

And just about every game on Playstation Vita, in Japan, is about idols and force feeding them bananas or something.

Japan's game/anime culture is pretty focused on this stuff. It's not just Otakus.

God forbid you ever visit Japan and go into a video game or hobby store. You'll be floored by what you discover.

I'm a nerd and I'm into Japanese stuff and I find this really embarrassing. Don't lump us all in together.

Otaku can be into many things (idols, trains, mecha, video games, etc.). They're not necessarily all pervs.

rpmurphy

Those environments and AI... I dunno, they probably should've made it a rail shooter instead of having it be free-roam.

Sothpaw

Do those strong feminist types who work with games even know Japan exists?
Would their head 'asplode if they saw this?

They must have some pretty awful things to say about Japan and the Japanese.

I never like when people say bad things about an entire country based on a few incidents. Like when ignorant people say "murica" is nothing but cowboys running around with guns or whatever.

That said, this game is clearly a much larger offense than not having females in an Assn Creed game.

I'm trying to imagine the reactions if this was a western game instead. Major shitstorm.

Not my cup of tea, but looks interesting for those that like these kinds of games.

Shingro

Hard to deny Japan is a major source of fan service games. Even the big boys like Square Enix are all about dressing up women in scantily clad outfits.

And just about every game on Playstation Vita, in Japan, is about idols and force feeding them bananas or something.

Japan's game/anime culture is pretty focused on this stuff. It's not just Otakus.

God forbid you ever visit Japan and go into a video game or hobby store. You'll be floored by what you discover.

A commercial art medium indulging the fantasies and drives of its user base in a safe space?

Top Bottom