• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia Game 24 Stream All Night Live Another Day

dhonk

Ok someone school me. I've got a 660ti currently matched up with a 3570k and 8 gigs of ram.

I'm gaming at 1080p and plan to do so for a very long time. (May get a 1080p gsync monitor.) Would getting one of the newly announced 9 series be a good idea? If so which?

Vibranium

Banned
Ok someone school me. I've got a 660ti currently matched up with a 3570k and 8 gigs of ram.

I'm gaming at 1080p and plan to do so for a very long time. (May get a 1080p monitor.) Would getting one of the newly announced 9 series be a good idea? If so which?

General consensus seems to be that the 970 is killer for 1080P/60FPS, which is what I'm going for. Plus you can always SLI if you're worried about The Witcher 3 or 120hz.

Evo X

I'm gaming at 1080p and plan to do so for a very long time. (May get a 1080p monitor.) Would getting one of the newly announced 9 series be a good idea? If so which?

The 970 would be perfect for your situation. It will easily be at least twice as fast as your 660Ti.

mkenyon

Banned
VR SLI sounds promising. But won't microshutter kill the immersion?
Frame pacing looks absolutely fantastic with these cards. It actually is looking better than non-SLI, looking at PCPers review.

Frame pacing has been at the forefront over the last two years, and the newest drivers for Kepler as well as GCN (outside of Dx9) has made microstutter a thing of the past for the most part.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cool shit:
  • Had a fun time talking to everyone I met
  • Got FarCry 4 for free
  • Played EVE Valk again, this time on new build and with DK2 (Best game on VR bar none)
  • Played Gauntlet and a bit of Wasteland 2, passed on Borderlands PreSequel
  • Shook the hand of someone who won a 980
  • Networking woo
  • Food was fantastic and 4 free drinks was nice
  • Ran into Feep again. He is literally everywhere and sucks at driving games with a wheel

Durante

Frame pacing looks absolutely fantastic with these cards. It actually is looking better than non-SLI, looking at PCPers review.

Frame pacing has been at the forefront over the last two years, and the newest drivers for Kepler as well as GCN (outside of Dx9) has made microstutter a thing of the past for the most part.
First of all, frame pacing would be a bad idea for VR. Anything which increases latency is.

However, the whole idea of VR SLI (which, by the way, I've been asking for for over a year) is that there is nothing to pace. It's not AFR, there is no time interleaving. Instead, both eye views are rendered simultaneously, one on each GPU. Of course, there's also inherently no microstuttering this case.

So, dynamic super resolution is pretty much a nvidia locked version of GeDoSaTa?
That's pretty much exactly what it is.
With far fewer problems since you can do a much better job at the driver level (and also somewhat less features and customization, as it's targeted at "normal" users).

Now the question is, would there be DSR without GeDoSaTo? :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
...That's pretty much exactly what it is.
With far fewer problems since you can do a much better job at the driver level (and also somewhat less features and customization, as it's targeted at "normal" users).

I talked to the DSR guy and name dropped you :p

He did make the note that one button downsampling is good and putting it in front of the end user this way also allows them to just talk to devs and say 'hey fix your UI scaling' which is needed pretty bad.

*Also DSR is working with Maxwell now, but is being worked on for older cards (Probably mid-high Kepler imo)

Durante

I talked to the DSR guy and name dropped you :p

He did make the note that one button downsampling is good and putting it in front of the end user this way also allows them to just talk to devs and say 'hey fix your UI scaling' which is needed pretty bad.

*Also DSR is working with Maxwell now, but is being worked on for older cards (Probably mid-high Kepler imo)
That's good. There's no reason to restrict it to Maxwell. (I don't really see why it would require extra work for older cards, unless they are doing some really fancy microarchitecture-specific downsampling rather than just running a shader - and I don't really see what the point of that would be)

d00d3n

That's pretty much exactly what it is.

It seems unlikely that DSR would have come so soon without GeDoSaTo. I get that the functionality will reach more people now (well, at least nvidia owners), but the loss of advanced options and the open source aspect are not good. Will you continue to work on GeDoSaTo as usual after this?

Faith

Are 4GB VRAM enough for a 970 SLI setup?

Also, would my be quiet E9 580W be enough or do I have to buy a new PSU?

Is anyone gonna waste their time upgrading from 770, 780, and 780TI for one of these? If I have a 4GB 770 would I see a huge improvement with 970? (outside of lower temps)

Xyber

Went with 970 instead, couldn't justify paying that much more for the 980 right now.

zEnqwp3K4WeZwhalv1OCX6aM-oCXaOnEVWRFG-bLgwvlCa5XKHWgLvJY9T5JAs4Hgdi3AXLd5zg=w1405-h687

maybe they're waiting for USA to properly wake up? They have yet to show anything meaningful. They had some asian dev interviews, an Alone in the Dark demo, some pro-gamer background stuff and that's it. Not even showcases.Like the Mordor demo is scheduled for 3pm pdt.

R1CHO

Have their been any game reveals yet?! Next year they should do a GAME12 instead... :)

A game4 would already be too long... I don't really understand this event.

All I have seen the times I checked it is the same nvidia pr guy talking about the same new features of their gpus, some dota matches, guys making custom cases and that dude from clerks.

SOOOOO fun and interesting.

Phil4000

Good news for Kepler owners, it was just confirmed in the stream that DSR (aka easy downsampling for the masses) is coming to those cards (600 and 700 series) as well.

dsr-feature-article-key-image-640px.jpg

Top Bottom