• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia Memory leak query? Am I alone in this?

RTX 3070, Ryzen 5600, 16GB. GeForce Driver 546.33

I noticed my PC has been slowing down and the task manager performance tab showed most of my RAM was being used, even though nothing is running. Over 9GB was assigned to non-paged pool RAM. After trawling around in Details I saw that the greatest user was nvcontainer.exe. Forcing an end program cleaned up the paged and non-paged RAM and the system performs well again.

However, I have noticed that the non-paged pool and paged pool keep growing unless I periodically end nvcontainer.exe.

Any idea what might be happening and how to stop it? I tried installing and reinstalling the GeForce Experience but that has made no difference.
NmHrLej.jpg
gRrN8Cy.jpg

Last edited:
It's Google and Youtube using your computer while you have Ad Block enabled and a youtube tab opened. Don't even need to be playing a video,
I prefer this over seeing ads. Sure google, mine away while I keep the ads away.

WitchHunter

Banned
Never had an issue like this. Jensen Huang is inside your computer and fetching bitcoins with your card. That nvcontainer.exe could be anywhere, go to file location and check whether it's a signed process and sits where nvidia drivers should be.

Use this:

So, I uninstalled all the Nvidia stuff and reinstalled it, but the same problem occurred.

Then I just uninstalled GeForce Experience and the problem is gone, with 500MB less in the non-paged pool. Very strange. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions, apart from buying a 4090!

Dare I install the new GeForce App? Yes, I probably will just to see what happens.

eKoG5LI.png

Top Bottom