• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] Final Fantasy 16: Motion Blur Patch and Technical Review

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

In the modern era of Online gaming, the Digital delivered patch has become more than just a crutch. Which is why Square Enix's latest title is a commendable outlier, with it having no issues and rock solid performance in that default mode right from launch. That is not to say it did not have things that could be improved, with this latest patch I delve into what has and has not improved since my launch review on
IGN.

IGN Performance Review:- • Final Fantasy 16

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That is not to say it did not have things that could be improved,
Yeah, it sure did have things it could've improved - how about a stabilized 60fps mode? The game is on par with a high-grade PS4 quality title in terms of raw graphics output and the game is running at 40fps DURING COMBAT. Near the end parts of the game, my game would barely reach 40 during combat which is out-fucking-rageous.

Tarnpanzer

The graphical quality of this game blows my mind sometimes. The amount of particles plus the side of things happening is incredible

To bad the resolution and framerate are not optimal on console.

I bet this will look miles better on a very good PC or on future consoles.

skit_data

The graphical quality of this game blows my mind sometimes. The amount of particles plus the side of things happening is incredible
The shadows and how light behaves is what impressed me the most. Its a little more subtle but in some of the more dimly lit areas it really, really impressed me.

Not for OLED. You need to eliminate the judder somehow with 30 fps games.
Is it really specific to OLED panels? Using a Samsung Q90R and it looks ‘fine’ with no motion blur. For context, Last of Us 2 was unplayable at 30fps on PS5. This is FAR better with no motion blur.

I have seen others use it set to 2.

Luipadre

Is it really specific to OLED panels? Using a Samsung Q90R and it looks ‘fine’ with no motion blur. For context, Last of Us 2 was unplayable at 30fps on PS5. This is FAR better with no motion blur.

I have seen others use it set to 2.

It is, because of the near instant response time.

Top Bottom