• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX will launch in March 2017 globally, won't be at E3 (focusing on Zelda instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, another year for Nintendo hardware to rot on the vine. I would hope that they're preparing the most unbelievable launch considering we're nearly a full year out and the lineups for Wii U and 3DS are both so desolate.

VariantX

Guess that gives developers a bit more time to get games ready for its launch than launching in the holiday season this year.

AdanVC

Now even Trev's rumors got debunked with this. FML. Super dissapointed :( While Sony and MS will bring huge megatons such as VR, big exclusives and perhaps new hardware revisions this holiday, Nintendo will have what? Zelda and Pokémon Sun and Moon only? Hahaha. Good luck with that, Nintendo.

El Odio

Banned
A 2017 release makes me wonder what their holiday lineup is going to look like. Possibly WiiU Zelda with an NX version later when it launches though that would heavily screw over WiiU adopters and anyone expecting the NX port would just hold off.

MLH

My wallet is relieved, although we're all left wondering what the hell has Nintendo got for the 2016 Holiday season? Zelda U, with a later release on NX?

-MB-

Safe to say it is a handheld, since they been releasing those around that time period for the last few gens.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
No doubt in my mind it's to get their launch titles some extra time for dat polish.

I'm ok with this. Nintendo *SHOULD* be on track to debut the system at E3 where I expect it to be fully playable.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Q1 2017 was the latest I was expecting the console to release anyway, but...where is John Harker. He was so convinced it would've been 2016, damn it.

Peru

It could be good to have some build-up to 2017 holiday season.

Man, another year for Nintendo hardware to rot on the vine. I would hope that they're preparing the most unbelievable launch considering we're nearly a full year out and the lineups for Wii U and 3DS are both so desolate.

There will be stuff revealed at e3 for holiday season, no doubt. They usually announce software closer to release than others.

Damn, that's a ways off. I wonder how they'll deal with the drought that seems to be coming for the rest of the year.

Could Zelda U actually be released this holiday season on Wii U? I sure hope so.

AniHawk

That makes sense. It seemed to be too quiet so far, even on the rumor front.

methinks they ran into a lot of problems.

march 2017 says to me they would really, really prefer it in the next fiscal year but can't delay anymore. they're pushing it back as far as it will go.

this will also mean zelda is 2017 too, most likely. i doubt they put it on wii u. i think they're only expecting 800,000 units for the year.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, almost an entire year away? That's disappointing. :(

LewieP

Gonna be a lean Christmas for Wii U and to a lesser extent 3DS.

I wonder if this means that Zelda is delayed til 2017 too?

Asd202

Holy shit Huber won the bet against Bossman. 10 minute stand up here we come!

Also NX could be the "next" Wii U in terms of 3rd party support because Xbox Two and PS5 will come like 1-2 years after that.Will Xbox definitely sooner than later.

nikatapi

Since it's 2017, i'm hoping for a more powerful design. Being out later than PS4K (probably) and weaker could be very damaging i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom