• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

yoo so we're going to see kong on saturday? i saw that already but its all good, I don't mind seeing it again, its a good movie. i actually want to get the movie poster of it to hang it in my room. the poster looks looks great (the the soldiers walking to kong)

Jhoan

I'll be at the bar or wandering to bars that are in the Beer book beforehand. Food will be my biggest priority if I don't eat before then. I wonder where that Breath of the Wild mural is. It looks like it's closer to Jefferson street/Bushwick. I'll rendezvous with Lulubop and anyone else who's passing on the movie.

Jhoan

That's a lot closer than I thought. I noticed that murals around there rotate in and out on a monthly basis. Last time I was in the area, there was mural for Transparent.

Edit:Today I learned that there are Australians living in my neighborhood. Mind blown.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I'll be at the bar or wandering to bars that are in the Beer book beforehand. Food will be my biggest priority if I don't eat before then. I wonder where that Breath of the Wild mural is. It looks like it's closer to Jefferson street/Bushwick. I'll rendezvous with Lulubop and anyone else who's passing on the movie.

Let me know.

Jhoan

I need to be up by 7am. I have a long day ahead. I guess I'm still in for the bar so I'll keep you guys posted. Hopefully I don't feel too tired. Best take umbrellas
because it's slated to rain in the evening.

Jhoan

I've been in Hipsterlandia. It's been fun sketching peeps since peeps with all kinda of interesting hairstyles are around. Brush pens are great to use. Not sure where I'll be afterwards but will keep you guys posted.

Jhoan

My phone is at 30% and I just came out. I'm hungry, not in much of a mood to drink since my belly feels empty. What's the ETA on Union Pool?

Jhoan

On my way now. Was catching up with my friend and eating Checkers by the J train side of Williamsburg. I'm probably not gonna drink.

Jhoan

If smokey reads this post, it means we left. The bouncer was being a douche and asked us to leave because we weren't buying anything. I hope he gets home in one piece. Lulubop and I ghosted out.

Jhoan

Glad to hear! It took me ages to get home since the 1 had delays. I ended up getting back around 4:40amish. It was a solid night overall. Smuttynose Blackberry Short Weiss was good. Makai is getting that portrait drawing in some capacity.

Today is another beautiful day to be watercolor painting outside so that I will do after my errands. Chill at a park, draw, and color after some work stuff for the website I write for.

Jhoan

How was the club?
As the "old man" in the group, lugging my bulging messenger bag proved to be a royal pain. I put on the ear plugs I got at the gig to deal with the loud music. Note to self: carry some cash. That being said, I appreciated the beer and 2 bucks that smokey covered for the mandatory coat check.

The downstairs area didn't allow any bags inside. I think it proved to be a vain venture because most people were either with their SOs, drunk, playing games, or with a large group of friends. Still nothing ventured, nothing gained. They were showing True Lies in the upstairs bar area which I've never seen and got into.

Top Bottom