• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Boston Red Sox used electronic devices to steal signs against Yankees

The Red Sox responded in kind on Tuesday, filing a complaint against the Yankees, claiming that the team uses a camera from its television network, YES, exclusively to steal signs during games.

Boston with that "Sony Too" argument, just perfect.

KHarvey16

I don't really... get that invested? It's wrong, but at the end of the day it's the least of any problem in my ledger.

Do you think people are only capable of "getting invested" in a finite number of things? People like sports. They like talking about sports and it upsets them when their team does poorly or people don't play by the rules. That doesn't mean they aren't also worried about paying the rent.

I don't understand your position.

UberTag

Damn, Boston sports lol.
You'll never catch my Bruins deflating footballs or stealing signs from their opponent's bench using nefarious technology.
My Bruins are pure, angelic darlings. They even give giant checks to help support puppies. Who doesn't love puppies?

Seidenberg-MSPCA-Donation.jpg

Go Bs!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Love it. If you're not cheating, you're not trying.

Baseball has been my favorite sport, Red Sox my favorite team since I was a little girl, and try to watch at least 2/3rds games every season but this really makes me sad to hear. I don't care if other teams may or may not be "doing it to" the fact of the matter is that no team should and I'm not going to be any more accepting of my team breaking the rules then I would if it were the Yankees or any other team. I will always love my team and root for them to win but they deserve whatever punishment MLB decides to give.

Welcome to Boston sports, ladies and gents. Cheaters and liars making every move they can to get ahead. Terrible.

FUCKIN CHEATAHS DUUUDE.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Baseball is a game full of cheating

Just don't cheat too much or make it too blatant and everyone is happy

Baseball may not care for cheating but this involves something that terrifies baseball to its very core: Technological advancement and general progress.

akileese

I remember reading about how back in the 80s the white sox would have a dude who watched the center field view of the catcher and would flick a switch that would light a single bulb to signal the team. The bulb was a 25 watt so it stuck out a little differently. I believe it was used to differentiate between fastballs and breaking balls.

Sign stealing is as old as baseball itself. Getting caught just means you suck at it. I think the Blue Jays have been accused of it at Rogers Centre for like, 6 years and no one has been able to prove a damn thing about it.

A "sport" that employs Bartolo Colon isn't a sport. It's just dudes throwin balls.

have you seen how fat some of those linemen are? they sure represent America well. shit if anything baseball players are more trim looking. if the worst you can bring is Big Sexy, 44 year old big sexy, then you've got no argument.

I don't really... get that invested? It's wrong, but at the end of the day it's the least of any problem in my ledger.

you're invested enough to come in and say people shouldn't';t get invested.

Baseball has been my favorite sport, Red Sox my favorite team since I was a little girl, and try to watch at least 2/3rds games every season but this really makes me sad to hear. I don't care if other teams may or may not be "doing it to" the fact of the matter is that no team should and I'm not going to be any more accepting of my team breaking the rules then I would if it were the Yankees or any other team. I will always love my team and root for them to win but they deserve whatever punishment MLB decides to give.

I don't think the penalty will be severe. doubt they would lose a draft pick or something.

bobeth

You'll never catch my Bruins deflating footballs or stealing signs from their opponent's bench using nefarious technology.
My Bruins are pure, angelic darlings. They even give giant checks to help support puppies. Who doesn't love puppies?

Seidenberg-MSPCA-Donation.jpg

Go Bs!
That check is way too big for this dog to carry to the bank! What new cruelty will the Bruins subjet us to?

btrboyev

I seriously doubt they are using Apple watches. I don't see many players wearing one and it would be super obvious. Also they need a phone on them.

And there isn't a rule against reading plays anyway.

Top Bottom