• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Ivanka Trump has the president's ear. Here's her agenda. (Interview)

DOWN

Banned
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/us/politics/ivanka-trump.html

Full article at the link
A month before Donald J. Trump was elected president, he and his aides watched his daughter’s coolly composed surface crack open.

Inside Trump Tower, the candidate was preparing for a debate when an aide rushed in with news that The Washington Post was about to publish an article saying that Mr. Trump had bragged about grabbing women’s private parts. As Ivanka Trump joined the others waiting to see a video of the episode, her father insisted that the description of his comments did not sound like him.

When the recording finally showed he was wrong, Mr. Trump’s reaction was grudging: He agreed to say he was sorry if anyone was offended. Advisers warned that would not be enough.

Ivanka Trump made an emphatic case for a full-throated apology, according to several people who were present for the crisis discussion that unfolded in Mr. Trump’s 26th-floor office. Raised amid a swirl of tabloid headlines, she had spent her adult life branding herself as her father’s poised, family-focused daughter. She marketed her clothing line with slogans about female empowerment and was finishing a book on the topic. As she spoke, Mr. Trump remained unyielding. His daughter’s eyes welled with tears, her face reddened, and she hurried out in frustration.

Seven months later, Ms. Trump is her father’s all-around West Wing confidante, an adviser whose portfolio appears to have few parameters, making her among the highest-ranking women in a senior staff stocked almost entirely with men.
I'm not sure I buy that she has had any serious struggle with issues that less privileged women or men face. Not to mention, she supports Donald in general. Nonetheless, I hope she indeed sands down some edges of Donald's policy ideas for some positive leans.

Edit:
She's not even a populist.

Yeah, fuck her.
CycY5MbUAAAg2y6.jpg

Occam

But he doesn't listen?

Anyway, nothing I've seen so far would indicate any agenda besides making money.

Vectorman

Banned
Why would I believe anything this woman says? She's just as bad as a liar as her father is. Lip service can only get you so far.

Ithil

What has she actually done for "gender inequality" other than say she will do something about it in press releases?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
She's another piece of shit to go along with her father. She doesn't get any credit for this when she helped get the cheetoh fuhrer elected in the first place. Don't think I'll be paying her rotten soul any lip service with her history. I hope she gets booed and hissed at every single event she visits.

etrain911

She's a populist piece of shit like her father. She'll say anything if she thinks it will play well to her current audience. She's just not as angry.

kevin1025

Banned
Let's be real: if she has the President's ear, she's as incompetent as he is. Because the implication here is that she's advising him, and that what he does is AFTER advisement. Which is incredibly depressing to think about.

LakeEarth

They keep saying she has his ear, they keep saying she's got some sort of pro-equality agenda, but it certainly doesn't fucking seem so when we look at policy.

Either she doesn't have his ear, or her pro-equality agenda is bullshit. She clearly does not have both.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
They keep saying she has his ear, they keep saying she's got some sort of pro-equality agenda, but it certainly doesn't fucking seem so when we look at policy.

Either she doesn't have his ear, or her pro-equality agenda is bullshit. She clearly does not have both.

Exactly. Not sure why these articles keep coming out when the results don't match reality.

iammeiam

Every single piece about Ivanka as influencer should have a huge section dedicated to all the horrible things she helped make a reality. We shouldn't discuss the few areas she'll try to push her personal agenda (and let's be clear: Ivanka's brand centers around working mothers, so her pushing an agenda there is no sign of her being an actual moral center) without listing every single thing she was willing to take in trade.

She was willing to help move the stupid fucking border wall, the frankly unAmerican Muslim ban, the denial of climate change, the death of net neutrality, anti-abortion causes, rollback of LGBT protections, and a million other things I don't have time to list forward. She played an integral role in the trash fire administration we have now becoming reality, and I don't care how many poised and classy interviews she gives, we should not credit her as any kind of positive influence when her net impact on this country will be negative.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
"Here's her agenda."

*reads whole article filled with random stories about how she cried after the HA tape and also some things about PP and women's health.*

Thanks NYT.

Oh and P.S. Republicans can't even pass their own crap.

Yeah, fuck that. Her "agenda" (if she even has one, let alone a mythical "progressive" agenda) will be just as effective as John McCain puffing his chest every other week.

llehuty

Hahahaha the lemonade stand story. SNL should just fire their writers and just do a 1:1 representation of stuff found in the news.

Blader

She's not even a populist.

Yeah, fuck her.

Jesus, I thought this was just about spoiled rich brats complaining about no one buying their lemonade, I completely glossed over the first time the part about forcing their maids to dig for spare change.

Top Bottom