• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Ivanka Trump has the president's ear. Here's her agenda. (Interview)

Link

The Autumn Wind
Fuck her. She's as big a piece of shit as her father, she's just better at hiding it and people are more willing to overlook it because she's attractive.

Even if anyone were to swallow this crap, that means she's a terrible advisor, since Trump is doing the opposite of everything she claims to champion.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'll admit that I had hoped she might be a moderating force for good, during the bargaining phase of my grief over Trump winning the election, back when all I knew of her was her public persona. That lasted .68 seconds, because its pretty bloody obvious that she either has no material impact on the man's worst impulses or that she isn't really trying to do anything about them.

llehuty

Quoting for new page.
She's not even a populist.

Yeah, fuck her.

CycY5MbUAAAg2y6.jpg
I'm in love with the wording of this: "We had no such advantages" she writes, meaning, in this case, an ordinary home on an ordinary street.

commedieu

Banned
I've read the lemonade story 10x now, can't stop laughing at how tone-deaf it is

Came here to post this. It's fucking amazing.

I can just imagine the maids trembling and fumbling to get change from their daily quarter wage.

That story says everything you need to know about ivanka.

IronRinn

I cannot wait for liberals to stop trying to fucking convince themselves that this woman and her husband are any different than her father and brothers. They are monsters all.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Her interest in gender issues grew out of a “Women Who Work” hashtag and marketing campaign she devised a few years ago to help sell $99 pumps and $150 dresses.
That's where her interest in gender issues begins and ends.

During the campaign, Ms. Trump successfully pushed her father to praise Planned Parenthood from a Republican debate stage, a moment that created a stir at the time because of the party’s broad opposition to the organization’s abortion services. But more recently, with congressional Republicans threatening to cut all funding to Planned Parenthood (even though the women’s health organization says it receives no federal funding for abortions), Ms. Trump approached its president, Cecile Richards, to start a broader dialogue. She also had a proposal: Planned Parenthood should split in two, Ms. Trump suggested, with a smaller arm to provide abortions and a larger one devoted to women’s health services.

White House officials said Ms. Trump was trying to find a common-sense solution amid the roar of abortion politics. But Planned Parenthood officials said they thought Ms. Trump’s advice was naïve, failing to understand how central reproductive choice was to the group’s mission. Ms. Richards sharply criticized Ms. Trump for not publicly objecting to the Republican health care bill that failed in March, and Ms. Trump felt stung.
Well this is moronic.

Despite the tension, Ms. Trump helped preserve and increase funding for women’s health in the government spending deal devised over the weekend, a White House official said. But the victory may be short-lived: The coming bill that would repeal the Affordable Care Act may include a measure to strike Planned Parenthood’s funding.
Bullshit, she had nothing to do with the spending bill. That's a joke.

Balphon

She's vacuous and has demonstrated no ability to actually affect policy.

The constant litany suggesting that Ivanka will moderate this government is a giant waste of energy.

She also had a proposal: Planned Parenthood should split in two

I can't decide if she's evil, and this is a lame attempt at "divide and conquer", or if she's a moron who thinks this would actually help the situation.

Anyway, she couldn't even get her dad to actually apologize for the "grab 'em by the pussy" tape. How much influence could she really have? All anyone else has to say is "Obama agreed with Ivanka on this issue" and Trump is going the other direction.

I'm sorry, but why is that story about her crying for an apology from Trump, juxtaposed with her personal branding, being taken at face value as a plea for decency and not "you're ruining my brand, daddy! You can't win if you don't!"?

The story with the lemonade stand is hilarious. It just shows how out of touch these people are with the rest of America. It scares me how they think how most people live in the US. People don't struggle with getting lemonade stand. People struggle with far more serious manners. It's the reason why rich people should never govern to begin with.

This person says nothing of any substance, shows no passion about anything, admits no positions on any issue that gives anyone an idea of what she actually believes in other than herself and her family, and when leading people to false conclusions doesn't work she just lies.

Armaros

That's where her interest in gender issues begins and ends.

Well this is moronic.

Bullshit, she had nothing to do with the spending bill. That's a joke.

It's amazing the shit they attribute to her when the WH wasn't even involved in the negotiations of keeping the government open. If the WH actively negotiated the provisions in the spending bill that passed to keep the government open, they are the worst negotiators on the planet.

The Democrats gave up basically nothing and denied everything trump wanted besides more miltary.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
In her own words.

NYT is sliding into the gutter. First promoting climate change FUD and now normalizing nepotism.

Ayn Rand quotes given in a non ironic manner are when I tell myself to stop taking someone seriously.

Ithil

It's amusing how some of the very same people who see right through Trump's pathetically transparent fake marketing image of being a "anti-establishment blue collar billionaire who fights for the little guy" still fall 100% for this woman's equally fake marketing image of being the "liberal voice of reason women's advocate". I guess a large part of it is he's a fat orange old man and she's a pretty blonde woman.

"Ms. Trump, 35, a former model, entrepreneur and hotel developer, says she will focus on gender inequality in the United States"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/politics/trump-michelle-obama-girls-education/ Trump ending Michelle Obama's girls education program

^You can repeat this for nearly all of her pet issues. She doesn't get any credit, she helped elect him.

Fuck her.

The "Let Girls Learn" program... facilitate educational opportunities for adolescent girls in developing countries

Ms. Trumpsays she will focus on gender inequality in the United States

AMERICA FIRST, BABY!!!

How does that old saying go? A wolf in sheep's clothing?

I don't necessarily think she is part of some greater plan or is necessarily even a "phony."

I think in her mind she does see herself as politically left of her dad and a driving force in this regard. In reality though she is nether, but she likely is unaware of this. Why help elect her father then? She wasn't living under a rock during the election.

I view her as entirely self rational with little political influence over her father. She is kept in the spotlight by Donald because she is his daughter and she is good publicity for his administration. She associates with it because it is good publicity for her image/brand and a means for gaining more power of her own.

Quixzlizx

It's amusing how some of the very same people who see right through Trump's pathetically transparent fake marketing image of being a "anti-establishment blue collar billionaire who fights for the little guy" still fall 100% for this woman's equally fake marketing image of being the "liberal voice of reason women's advocate". I guess a large part of it is he's a fat orange old man and she's a pretty blonde woman.

She also doesn't actually hold any position with any accountability, transparency or authority, and it's harder to call out the personal beliefs of someone who has no notable achievements.

Armaros

She also doesn't actually hold any position with any accountability, transparency or authority, and it's harder to call out the personal beliefs of someone who has no notable achievements.

Her achievements are just like her father, having a clothing brand that is made overseas for pennies while talking about working class people and their issues.

So blatant lies and hypocrisy. Runs in the family.

ISOM

I'm tired of hearing about Ivanka while her father rampages through the government, eliminating every law or program that would help this country. Please, enough with this shit.

Mahonay

Banned
Ivanka is a a bullshit artist. Absolutely everything she does is for her image and to further the Trump brand. Like her father, she doesn't actually stand for anything tangible. Her "being in the president's ear" means absolutely nothing.

I think people would actually expect Ivanka to know stuff. She'd look real dumb in the primaries.

Trump at least would be loud and overly confident and it fooled people.

The media's obsession with Ivanka and trying to paint her as anything, but complicit and just as bad is fucking embarrassing and borderline abhorrent. All it takes is to be young, blond and attractive, huh?

Top Bottom