• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Ivanka Trump has the president's ear. Here's her agenda. (Interview)

Mahonay

Banned
The media's obsession with Ivanka and trying to paint her as anything, but complicit and just as bad is fucking embarrassing and borderline abhorrent. All it takes is to be young, blond and attractive, huh?
Yup. Also simply refraining from barfing out insane comments seems to be enough for them.

Saya

Meanwhile, at the Ivanka household...

Report: Kushner didn’t disclose investment in startup with Goldman Sachs, Soros links

Senior White House adviser Jared Kushner failed to disclose his stake in a real-estate startup with ties to Goldman Sachs and billionaire investor George Soros, according to a new report in The Wall Street Journal.

Kushner, who is President Trump’s son-in-law, also did not disclose loans on several properties that total more than $1 billion, the Journal reported.

The investment in the startup Cadre makes Kushner a partner with Goldman Sachs.

Oops

The media's obsession with Ivanka and trying to paint her as anything, but complicit and just as bad is fucking embarrassing and borderline abhorrent. All it takes is to be young, blond and attractive, huh?

Praising the mediocrity of beautiful white cis-men and women is a serious problem within media

She really is Lindsey Bluth. There's always money in the lemonade stand.

giphy.gif

Which makes Kushner Tobais. WHich explains why he's not allowed to speak in public.

Acorn

So she is as prone to employing yes men as her daddy if that lemonade story managed to get by her army of pr people.

Modern Marie Antoinette.

Yes I know Marie Antoinette wasn't guilty of much of the stories.

Occam

Serious question, is there any documented good deed by Ivanka Trump or any other member of the Trump clan?

Ogodei

I can't decide if she's evil, and this is a lame attempt at "divide and conquer", or if she's a moron who thinks this would actually help the situation.

Anyway, she couldn't even get her dad to actually apologize for the "grab 'em by the pussy" tape. How much influence could she really have? All anyone else has to say is "Obama agreed with Ivanka on this issue" and Trump is going the other direction.

It's a little of both. I've seen the pro-birth side make the argument that all of these organizations affected by TRAP laws at home or the global gag rule abroad should simply drop abortion, or spin it off to a different organization, and everything would be hunky-dory, people who want to fund women's health care but have issue with abortion would get it, and people who really care about abortion would do that, but that ignores how inefficient it would be to have an organization who's sole purpose was abortions, and how easy that organization would be to shut down compared to something with broader utility.

What the fuck? I mean, I don't like Ivanka, but she usually she seems to have a handle on what constitutes bad optics. There was no foot traffic, but fortunately our maids were able to scrap together some loose change so they didn't risk getting fired or deported. Haha! You couldn't be more tone-deaf if you were saying that living in a neighborhood where people get shot on their way to school isn't nearly as challenging as that day you ran out of teak polish for the deck of your yacht and had to wait until the afternoon to visit Monaco.

What the fuck? I mean, I don't like Ivanka, but she usually she seems to have a handle on what constitutes bad optics. There was no foot traffic, but fortunately our maids were able to scrap together some loose change so they didn't risk getting fired or deported. Haha! You couldn't be more tone-deaf if you were saying that living in a neighborhood where people get shot on their way to school isn't nearly as challenging as that day you ran out of teak polish for the deck of your yacht and had to wait until the afternoon to visit Monaco.

Lol yeah I've heard that ridiculous lemonade story so many times and it's fucking ridiculous that she uses this story to tell people that she's "in touch" with the everyday American. Embarrassing.

PKrockin

Some Trump voters feel uncomfortable supporting him without an excuse to believe he won't actually do the heinous things he says. Ivanka recognized this and positioned herself as a women's advocate who would reign in her father if needed. She provides Trump voters with the plausible deniability they needed to comfortably vote for a sexist pig of a candidate. "She's reasonable. She'll talk to him." is all the assurance necessary to pretend their vote isn't gambling with women's future.

Zips

Horrible woman, and absolutely disgusting that she keeps getting propped up despite a complete lack of substance or positive action. Especially by the media. They need to call out her bullshit.

Acorn

Horrible woman, and absolutely disgusting that she keeps getting propped up despite a complete lack of substance or positive action. Especially by the media. They need to call out her bullshit.
But she's pretty and says generic platitudes. She can't be bad!

iammeiam

It probably says something that I'm pretty sure the is still the hardest-hitting Ivanka interview, despite her actually having a role in the administration. I really would like to see this thing cited in every puff piece about her forever, and maybe throw in her straight up lying and claiming Clinton had no childcare or eldercare policies.

NPR's review of Ivanka's book is entertaining.

"Reading it feels like eating scented cotton balls."
Trump's lack of awareness, plus a habit of skimming from her sources, often results in spectacularly misapplied quotations — like one from Toni Morrison's Beloved about the brutal psychological scars of slavery. "Freeing yourself was one thing; claiming ownership of that freed self was another," is positioned in cute faux-handwritten capitals (and tagged #itwisewords) before a chapter on "working smarter." In it, she asks: "Are you a slave to your time or the master of it? Despite your best intentions, it's easy to be reactive and get caught up in returning calls, attending meetings, answering e-mails ..."

Linkura

Liberals?

The Boston Globe today has a story about her book as the main headline in their culture section. Ivanka is shooped into Rosie the Riverter. It's fucking disgusting, and the Globe is supposed to be a liberal paper. Unfortunately I can't find the image online to share.

Top Bottom