• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Two White House Officials Helped Give Nunes Intelligence Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicans can only turn a blind eye for so long. Pretty soon their jobs (and reputation of their party) will be in jeopardy.

Some of the Republicans on the Senate Intelligence Committee this morning showed some interest. Still, everyone in the White House right now needs to be purged.

"I just found out Obama had me Wiretapped!" [From....Ezra Cohen-Watnick & Michael Ellis. We'll have to get this over to Nunes ASAP, to sink the investigation.] "Such illegal stuff! SAD!!!"

My theory has been that Flynn has been turned by the FBI and he fed them the info to see if they would start spreading it around.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I don't understand why White House officials were using Nunes as a middle man to give Trump info. If this was just an atempt to validate Trumps wiretapping lies from a susposed third party, it failed spectacularly.

With such a corny attempt to impede the investigation, it's pretty clear that Trump will eventually be implicated in all of this. Either for direct corroboration, because he's just that dumb, or knowledge and obstruction.

putin-worried-about-his-next-meal.jpg

KHarvey16

I don't understand why White House officials were using Nunes as a middle man to give Trump info. If this was just an atempt to validate Trumps wiretapping lies from a susposed third party, it failed spectacularly.

Incompetence is the theme of this administration.

Kas

I go 20 years of my life, and the only two "big" people that share my name are a GTA villain and an actual, real life one too.

OT, I hope he gets spammed with obstruction of justice charges, but I doubt it applies here.

Omadahl

Banned
How did Nunes get so far without knowing the rules to the game? The guy should just start keeping his lies in a notebook and check them before opening his mouth.

"Hold on just a second, let me check to see if I'm screwing myself."

So Flynn placed a stooge on the council that McMaster tried to remove and was blocked by Trump and his posse of Bannon and Kushner?

This should be good.

With each passing day I become more sure Trump will be directly implicated in the collusion. His whole administration has been a constant cluster fuck of bad decision making. No way he could pull off Russian collusion if he can't even pull off a WHStaff / Nunes lead house comitteee push back campaign.

So to straighten things out for those keeping score:

1. Trump tweets Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower

2. Panic among Republicans ensue. Airquotes.

3. In a bid to validate Trump, Nunes says he received info that Trump was picked up in surveillance, partially vindicating Trump.

4. Turns out Nunes went to Whitehouse secure facility to meet with the "sources".

5. Story breaks, Nunes under fire. Refuses to name his sources.

6. NYT breaks another story, identifies the sources as two Whitehouse employees working for Trump. (Sources had access to FISA warrant?)

Now here's where it gets interesting. Did Trump knew about the plan to feed Nunes FISA info? It looks like he did. "We will be submitting some things to the committee".

Swass

Trying to push Gorsuch and calling out dems for not playing along when republicans stole the seat is unreal..

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Spicer: Don't look at whether the process was proper. Also, you're being a fool by assuming the NYT reporting is correct.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Spicer falling back on that 'if the story is in fact correct' angle.

Spicer: Don't look at whether the process was proper. Also, you're being a fool by assuming the NYT reporting is correct.

Lol yep.

'we're focused on the substance of it' - what does that even mean?

Nunes is gonna be on the way out.

edit: Oh shit, here comes the quote!

sangreal

How did Nunes get so far without knowing the rules to the game? The guy should just start keeping his lies in a notebook and check them before opening his mouth.

"Hold on just a second, let me check to see if I'm screwing myself."

he is a nobody who was gifted a congressional seat through redistricting. He used to work for the USDA and has some agriculture-related degrees. That's the extent of his prior career. He is entirely unqualified to head the intelligence committee

or as he puts it:
Nunes also believes his agriculture background informs his work on intelligence due his familiarity with various farming technologies that have overlap with intelligence, such as the Global Positioning System.

Zolo

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see how he gets kicked off as long as Ryan continues to be a spineless lap dog.

Yeah. Better to just rely on the other investigations and accept that the house one is screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom