• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obesity Rises Despite All Efforts to Fight It, U.S. Health Officials Say

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do people who are overweight, have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, whatever, at least where I work.

Not here. We just had our enrollment for 2016. The only penalty rate is for tobacco users. Do you seriously work somewhere that everybody pays a different price for their employee contributions to their premiums?

Not here. We just had our enrollment for 2016. The only penalty rate is for tobacco users. Do you seriously work somewhere that everybody pays a different price for their employee contributions to their premiums?

Yeah, the last two places that I worked. They set it up as an "discount" incentive where you get weighed/measured/blood tests and you get a bigger discount the more tests you pass. They detect tobacco as part of the blood test and it's one of the factors you get checked for.

Not surprising. Once you start going down that road, you gotta really, really want to get off. It's pretty damn hard to change addictive behavior. I know if I hadn't tackled my growing weight problem over a decade ago, I'd be among this group. It's so hard to change because even if you want to, you're constantly bombarded by ads and pressure from society to eat garbage and be lazy.

Yeah, the last two places that I worked. They set it up as an "discount" incentive where you get weighed/measured/blood tests and you get a bigger discount the more tests you pass. They detect tobacco as part of the blood test and it's one of the factors you get checked for.

That sounds terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom