• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Observer review thread [sci-fi / horror / cyberpunk]

What the fuck? There's no way to change FOV for this game.

Layers of Fear had an FOV slider. What were they thinking?

Edit: I searched for an OT. Is there one?

shaneo632

Very impressed with how well-optimised this is on PC. I'm playing it on my fairly modest rig and it looks gorgeous on High.

~Kinggi~

Banned
What the fuck? There's no way to change FOV for this game.

Layers of Fear had an FOV slider. What were they thinking?

Edit: I searched for an OT. Is there one?

its just a guess but it might be because they fuck with the FOV a lot with the mind tricks. Hard to set a standard if player can change it.

pakkit

Banned
Just finished the first mindjacking sequence. This game is terrifying.

Thank god I bought it with Rime so I don't lose my mind.

I first saw the game during a sizzle reel in either Sony's or Microsoft's E3 presentation this year.
Sadly I'm currently a bit short on money but I will buy this as soon as I can.
Looks reeeeeeeally interesting. I already know that this game will fuck me up big time.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My thanks and the game is friggen outstanding.

You're my favourite reviewer by far, we usually agree so I'm interested in this one. I was a bit worried when you said you couldn't get a stable 60fps with a GTX 1080 though, I can't abide dodgy performance and after getting a 144hz monitor I really like to hit that 100 - 144fps sweet spot. I do only game at 1080p though, but again I only have a GTX 970. Performance is so often ignored by reviewers but nothing kills a game faster for me than low frame rate, pacing issues and stutter so it's good that you touch on it, even briefly.

glad this is getting decent reviews. i was pleasantly surprised by Layers of Fear, but was afraid they wouldn't be able to release something that would improve nearly every aspect of LoF as well as introducing so many gameplay mechanics. also going from spooky ghosts to human NPC characters too- they pulled it off.

also: walking through the halls of the apartments in the beginning has me like-
cChuKMN.gif

Top Bottom