• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October EGM scores: Bioshock, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk

sphinx

the piano man
Didn't iga say in leipzig that they are planning to do a castlevania for 360 and a version of that game for PS3 would only appear if hardware sales pick up?

this isn't a rumor at all now, it might have been by the time they were printing the mag.

PS: Segata, I see your point, EGM needed to have the review copy a month before.

Busty

Banned
I know that this is a thread for EGM but could someone tell me if we've already had a thread for this month's Game Informer, the one with the Borderlands cover?

I would have thought that the subscribers would have gotten it by now.

purgeface said:
Rumor Mill-not sure if it was posted yet in this thread.

Thanks man. :D

purgeface said:
Kingdom Hearts prequels on various systems and handhelds

I suspect that SE will treat the Kingdom Hearts franchise much like FF XIII, with the main numbered sequel on the PS3 and various spin offs and 'side-quels' getting put on our systems.

purgeface said:
Oblivion for PSP canned?

Bit of a shame. I thought it looked interesting.

purgeface said:
New Jak and Daxter game from Naughty Dog after Uncharted.

I'm not surprised but a little disappointed by this news. I was hoping that J&D might be haev been farmed out to someone else this gen allowing ND to work on new IPs and different genres.

I'm sure ND are excited for it and could do something special. Was just hoping for a little something different.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The Opinionated Guide

Awesome- CoD4, Gow:CoO, Halo 3, LBP, Mass Effect, Ratchet, Rock Band, Super Mario Galaxy, VF5(360)

Good- Ace Combat 6, Army of Two, Burnout Paradise, Castlevania PSP, Contra 4, De Blob, Fable 2, FFXII:RW, FFT psp, Folklore, Frontlines, Everyday Shooter, GH3, HL2, Haze, Stranglehold, Killzone 2, Phantom Hourglass, Legendary: The Box, Looney Tunes, MP3:C, Naruto 360, NFS:pS, PGR4, SH:O, Simpsons, THPG, Turok, Uncharted, UT3, Wii Fit, WWE 2008

So-So- Assassin's Creed, Blacksite, The Club, Conan, Condemned 2, Dark Sector, Darksiders, Destroy all Humans, EA playground, Eye of Judgement, Fracture, Geo Wars galaxies, halo wars, hellboy, lost odyssey, Mercenaries 2, NiGHTS, RRR 2, RE:UC, Rise of Argonauts, Skate, Soul Calibur Legends, Zack&wiki

Terrible-Beautiful Katamari, Dragon blade, Jenga, Mario&Sonic olympic shitfest, Pain, Spiderman Friend or Foe.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
purgeface said:
The Opinionated Guide

Awesome- CoD4, Gow:CoO, Halo 3, LBP, Mass Effect, Ratchet, Rock Band, Super Mario Galaxy, VF5(360)

Good- Ace Combat 6, Army of Two, Burnout Paradise, Castlevania PSP, Contra 4, De Blob, Fable 2, FFXII:RW, FFT psp, Folklore, Frontlines, Everyday Shooter, GH3, HL2, Haze, Stranglehold, Killzone 2, Phantom Hourglass, Legendary: The Box, Looney Tunes, MP3:C, Naruto 360, NFS:pS, PGR4, SH:O, Simpsons, THPG, Turok, Uncharted, UT3, Wii Fit, WWE 2008

So-So- Assassin's Creed, Blacksite, The Club, Conan, Condemned 2, Dark Sector, Darksiders, Destroy all Humans, EA playground, Eye of Judgement, Fracture, Geo Wars galaxies, halo wars, hellboy, lost odyssey, Mercenaries 2, NiGHTS, RRR 2, RE:UC, Rise of Argonauts, Skate, Soul Calibur Legends, Zack&wiki

Terrible-Beautiful Katamari, Dragon blade, Jenga, Mario&Sonic olympic shitfest, Pain, Spiderman Friend or Foe.
Wow, didn't expect so much. Thank you tons!

purgeface said:
The Opinionated Guide

..................WTF

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
purgeface said:
The Opinionated Guide

....i dont get it?

Nightz said:
-New Jak and Daxter game from Naughty Dog after Uncharted

Nomnomnomnomnomnom! It r mi BIRTHDAY!

:D

I'm hoping for a reprise of something between 1 and 3. With all teh funny in there.

I can't even imagine how sick that game is going to look. Assuming it uses a matured and enhanced version of the Uncharted engine like Insomniac used a matured, enhanced version of the Resistance engine for Ratchet and Clank Future, the results should be quite impressive. Animation on a new level, for sure.

tribal24

Banned
purgeface said:
The Opinionated Guide

wtf joke post?

JDSN

Banned
purgeface said:
The Opinionated Guide

So basically Wii fit is better than Killzone 2.

Edit: Damn, the possibility of me not getting Mercs 2 becomes more real everytime its referenced.

purgeface said:
The Opinionated Guide

"Good" better indicate an 8 as it does on 1UP...

Gigglepoo

BenjaminBirdie said:
You deserve them.

<-----------

Ha! Little Sister Defense Force! That's awesome!

My friend got Bioshock before I did. I was at his place watching him play for a few minutes when he got to the first Little Sister. Obviously, he saved her. I said, "I bet 80% of people will choose to save them." But, since I had already seen that good option, since my friend was going to get the good ending, I went the other directiion. Believe me, if I hadn't seen him make the good choice, I would have been right alongside that 80%. Going Dark Side in KotOR is one thing, but killing little girls is beyond even cartoon villany.

Mrbob

Speevy said:
Army of Two is going to be garbage.

Watch.

I tend to agree with you. Especially after watching the gameplay videos. Combat mechanics look teeeeeerrrrrrrriiiiiiiibbbbbbbblllllllleeee.

Speevy

Banned
Yeah, these "good", "awesome', "so-so", "terrible" ratings mean one thing.

I played a demo, and this is how much I enjoyed it.

Nightz said:
Wild Arms 5 8, 6.5, 5
Eternal Sonata 6, 8, 7
... and why is this the way this is? Shouta, I demand damage control! How eternal sonata scored better than WA5 is beyond me. Seriously though, I'm honestly curious, since shane's a pretty good reviewer, well he's OK when it comes to RPGs, and he gave it a 6.5.

Nightz said:
-Capcom working on Okami Wii
Pounds head against wall.gif
Nightz said:
-Kingdom Hearts spinoffs/prequels for various systems similar to what Square-Enix is doing with FF & DQ
The honeymoon's over, huh? Now, it's time to get to business - whoring. Well, at least SE's lineup will look a little more varied...

FF: blah blah blah
DQ: blah blah blah
KH: blah blah blah

=0 so much diversity.

Martinus

With Clover dead and the team scattered, Okami Wii will never make it to shelves.

Terrible-Beautiful Katamari,
[...]

Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading! :eek: I' didn't expect such cold reception for these games

purg3

slept with Malkin
BenjaminBirdie said:
"Purge, read the preview, do it."
"Ben, I can't."
"Yes you can. Go. Now."
"I CAN'T."
"PURGE DAMMIT READ."

*LOST*

Random Snippets:

Game will debut with the new season early next year. And it will be a Survival/Adventure style game.

The game won't answer any questions from last seasons finale, "What it will reveal is the answer for your character." "It's not necessarily the answer for the show, but it's maybe part of the answer."

You play Elliot an amnesiac photojournalist-plane crash survivor.

Uses GRAW 2's graphics engine. Lindeloff and Cuse created the character for the game and his story arc.

Plot starts before the opening of the Hatch and goes through SE 2 and a bit of 3.

Game is broken into "episodes"-the game includes 7 which are around an hour and a half each.

You can take pictures with your camera, fetch quests, and FLASHBACKS.

You get to enter THE NUMBERS into the computer and access the islands computer network.

rousseaua10b0.gif

Speevy

Banned
One game I remember receiving the "awesome" rating was DK Jungle Beat.

It might have been Game Informer, but it could have been EGM too.

But regardless.

Final average: GI: 75.0%
EGM: 76.7%

You shouldn't write off or hype up anything on this list.

tribal24 said:
omfg really -_- sigh guess i know what magazine i wont be taking seriously
Yes, especially considering that, unlike you, they've actually played all those games.

sigh guess i know what poster i wont be taking seriously

Speevy said:
Yeah, these "good", "awesome', "so-so", "terrible" ratings mean one thing.

I played a demo, and this is how much I enjoyed it.

Or in some cases, watched someone play a demo, or watched a clip of what the game might be like, or played what I thought was a demo as unseen tech guys from the studio swapped out different components behind the scenes.

In other words, I experienced something that might some day be an actual game, and here is a non-binding but influential rating of that experience.

StevieP

Banned
drohne said:
re: castlevania, i think iga mentioned in a games convention interview that it's in development for 360, though he's considering a ps3 version. he hasn't decided between 2d and 3d -- though the fact that it isn't on wii is the first indication in some time that iga isn't actively trying to ruin the franchise, so maybe he'll choose the correct number of dimensions as well

You're in space if you really think that Iga's making a 2D game for retail sale on 360/PS3. That said, even you, of all people, should be able to easily see how well Castlevania in 3D could benefit from the Wii remote.... unless it really is a 2D game (which is bloody unlikely).

purg3

slept with Malkin
Slavik81 said:
They're still rating demos?

It was part of the E3 section in the magazine, and it was based on playable builds at the show. It even mentions in the preface to the listing that they played unfinished builds and that the final quality may differ.

tribal24

Banned
purgeface said:
It was part of the E3 section in the magazine, and it was based on playable builds at the show. It even mentions in the preface to the listing that they played unfinished builds and that the final quality may differ.

ahh ok you should have said that i thought they just brought up a list for no reason>.>

Salazar

Captain Glanton said:
Or in some cases, watched someone play a demo, or watched a clip of what the game might be like, or played what I thought was a demo as unseen tech guys from the studio swapped out different components behind the scenes.

In other words, I experienced something that might some day be an actual game, and here is a non-binding but influential rating of that experience.

Or I got to shred a gryphon with a preposterously large gun, marmelise some werewolves and then absorb their life-force.

I hope Legendary: The Box keeps impressing when we get a closer and more comprehensive look. Concept alone lifts it a bit at this stage, but it'll be huge if the whole game holds together. The other Gamecock thing - the Dungeon game - also sounds promising to me, however early it is.

Foil

nelsonroyale said:
New Jak...? cant wait..just bring it back to Jak 2

What? Hell no, Jak 2 was a piece of shit. The first game of the series is the best style they've ever had.

purgeface said:
The Opinionated Guide

Bullcrap.

Alcibiades said:
Eternal Sonata:

A. Fitch - 6.0
Ray - 8.0
Greg S. - 7.0

Wild Arms 5:

A. Fitch - 8.0
Shane - 6.5
Michael - 5.0

thanks

I actually was 100% sure that Andrew Fitch gave it the 8.0.

and just starting off the segment on EGM Live, it is clear that Michael Donahoe has no clue at all.

tanod

when is my burrito
Linkzg said:
thanks

I actually was 100% sure that Andrew Fitch gave it the 8.0.

and just starting off the segment on EGM Live, it is clear that Michael Donahoe has no clue at all.

Yeah. I hear he wants arrows on the ground pointing him where to go in Wild Arms too. ;)

tanod said:
Yeah. I hear he wants arrows on the ground pointing him where to go in Wild Arms too. ;)

yeah

and I know people joke and make fun of looking at a reviewers past reviews, but in situations like this it does matter.

Esperado

I think reviews should be less based on price and more on how good the game is. If the game is worth a 7 and comes out at $20 then I say let the consumer decide. Why aren't scores creeping up as prices drop? Basing the final score on how much value you are getting seems dumb to me.

Top Bottom