• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October EGM scores: Bioshock, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk

traveler

Not Wario
Linkzg said:
yeah

and I know people joke and make fun of looking at a reviewers past reviews, but in situations like this it does matter.

Then I'm sure you know Donahoe is also the guy that gave Hotel Dusk a 10. Strange, but I don't recall HD being particularly easy to navigate.

Gigglepoo

traveler said:
Then I'm sure you know Donahoe is also the guy that gave Hotel Dusk a 10. Strange, but I don't recall HD being particularly easy to navigate.

That makes him less credible...

Damn chalk puzzle.

traveler said:

yeah, but upon watching the 1upshow about Hotel Dusk it became clear that he liked the game because he seemed to have a hard on for the The Maltese Falcon, so that could have swayed his judgement. Hotel Dusk is awesome btw.

purgeface said:
Random Snippets:

Game will debut with the new season early next year. And it will be a Survival/Adventure style game.

The game won't answer any questions from last seasons finale, "What it will reveal is the answer for your character." "It's not necessarily the answer for the show, but it's maybe part of the answer."

You play Elliot an amnesiac photojournalist-plane crash survivor.

Uses GRAW 2's graphics engine. Lindeloff and Cuse created the character for the game and his story arc.

Plot starts before the opening of the Hatch and goes through SE 2 and a bit of 3.

Game is broken into "episodes"-the game includes 7 which are around an hour and a half each.

You can take pictures with your camera, fetch quests, and FLASHBACKS.

You get to enter THE NUMBERS into the computer and access the islands computer network.

rousseaua10b0.gif

I made baby juice on the desk.

hteng said:
wow, what the hell happened to Wild Arms 5? I played the JP ver and absolutely love it, the story was meh typical jrpg but the game play was absolutely top notch, musics were great too! how the hell did it get a 6.5 and 5

Because in EGM land, everything is WTF for RPG's. Seriously, people have got to stop paying attention to this; they don't know how to review RPG's. Guh-rargh.

Kittonwy

Banned
Linkzg said:
thanks

I actually was 100% sure that Andrew Fitch gave it the 8.0.

and just starting off the segment on EGM Live, it is clear that Michael Donahoe has no clue at all.

I'm not exactly a fan of teh hoe or EGM, but it's apparent that the PS2 library is FUCKING FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH FUCKING QUALITY RPGS, what is this game doing that truly deserve an 8? Or even a 7?

As a Playstation 3 gamer I would fucking give WA5 a 5 just for being a FUCKING FIRST-PARTY FRANCHISE STILL STUCK ON THE FUCKING PS2, FUCKING GET OVER YOURSELF SONY WITH YOUR FUCKING PS2 SUCCESS, YOU'RE MILKING THE FUCKING COW DRY WHILE THE BABY COW IS FUCKING MALNURISHED, WHERE IS MY FUCKING FIRST-PARTY RPG FIX ON MY PS3? FUCKING A.

I'm sorry.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
I'm not exactly a fan of teh hoe or EGM, but it's apparent that the PS2 library is FUCKING FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH FUCKING QUALITY RPGS, what is this game doing that truly deserve an 8? Or even a 7?

As a Playstation 3 gamer I would fucking give WA5 a 5 just for being a FUCKING FIRST-PARTY FRANCHISE STILL STUCK ON THE FUCKING PS2, FUCKING GET OVER YOURSELF SONY WITH YOUR FUCKING PS2 SUCCESS, YOU'RE MILKING THE FUCKING COW DRY WHILE THE BABY COW IS FUCKING MALNURISHED, WHERE IS MY FUCKING FIRST-PARTY RPG FIX ON MY PS3? FUCKING A.

I'm sorry.
Indifferent2.gif

PMS much?

Kittonwy said:

I'm sorry.
Indifferent2.gif

Wild Arms 5 came out last year in Japan, it was just getting localized.

and RPGs take time, but soon they will come to the PS3 (ok maybe not so soon.)

J-Rzez

For people thinking Rachet is going to receive 9's+ I highly doubt.... Not that I doubt the game, and from what has been shown and told so far, it looks to be near that magical all 10's mark that EGM will throw at other games, but, it will be held to a different rating standard than other games... I won't be placed on the same standard scale of Bioshock and Zelda like others were talking about... I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see it get a similar score to HS, or, 8-9-9 at best... Something similar will be placed on Uncharted as well...

Glad to see Bioshock got great reviews... I guess 10's are for awesomeness and not perfection though like other review standards? I'm not sure what their scale reads as...

Anyone have the review why Warhawk got a 7 in particular from a reviewer?

DuckRacer

Kittonwy said:

I'm sorry.
Indifferent2.gif
4kobe5w.jpg

Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
chubigans said:
It's ok Kittonwy...the games will come. Allow me to melt the fear away with a kitten.

citten.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwww

Will teh games be tasty?
gladtomeetya.gif

I was just watching Kitchen Nightmare with Gord Ramsay and I just felt like angry ranting and saying fucking a, because it's fun to say fucking a.
Indifferent2.gif

ex0du5

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Anyone have the review why Warhawk got a 7 in particular from a reviewer?

I don't have the review, but I believe they previously said that the score would be dropped by 1/10 if the game was more than $30 on PSN. If that was the case, then the adjusted scores would be 9.5/9.5/8

manxor

Kittonwy said:

(neutral) Kittonwy
OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
(Today, 08:06 PM)

ex0du5 said:
I don't have the review, but I believe they previously said that the score would be dropped by 1/10 if the game was more than $30 on PSN. If that was the case, then the adjusted scores would be 9.5/9.5/8

Or, 7.5, 7.5, 6.

J-Rzez

ex0du5 said:

Oh yeah, i remember that too... Which is bs, because they didn't say anything like that over Shadowrun...

DuckRacer

ex0du5 said:
I don't think so. Only Joe Rybicki did that, not the other two reviewers, so only his score would raise a point. Thus, if Warhawk was $30, we'd see a 9.5/8.5/7.

Top Bottom