• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Hex

Banned
Dario Cueto's State of the Union Address

Good preview of Wednesday night's show, and I really appreciated the last part, even if it is in character.

Really expecting a good show. Since this might be the final episode (it's definitely the last episode for a lot of folks) I expect a lot of the plot threads to get tied up too. We better get to see who the hell the dude in the limo is.

Next season is locked, they will announce it either at the last episode or the may wait but it is locked.

How are you gonna find enough time to watch all that, MarkyIsNow?
[PrivateMessage]Please stop replying to all my posts. Maybe it's because I'm new, but you come off as creepy. I won't say anything publicly if you back off a bit.[/PrivateMessage]
Ha I dunno

Hex

Banned
I hope Kane was added to take the pinfall.

I am thinking that with the numbers, Kane will get tired of Miz bossing everyone around and chokeslam him and leave.
Or he and Strowman will get into it.
The first option seems more likely but either of those is the only thing I can see unless Joe comes out and jumps Strowman.

Next season is locked, they will announce it either at the last episode or the may wait but it is locked.

I don't think they knew that at the time of the taping (over a year ago), so it wouldn't surprise me if this ended up closing a lot of storylines.

I shudder to think what Season 4 even looks like if LU can't get ahold of some of that Netflix money.

Pikma

Banned
[PrivateMessage]Please stop replying to all my posts. Maybe it's because I'm new, but you come off as creepy. I won't say anything publicly if you back off a bit.[/PrivateMessage]
Ha I dunno
I apologize, it's just that I really miss your brother and you remind me a lot of him for some weird reason

Wish he hadn't left

Toki767

I don't think they knew that at the time of the taping (over a year ago), so it wouldn't surprise me if this ended up closing a lot of storylines.

I shudder to think what Season 4 even looks like if LU can't get ahold of some of that Netflix money.

I'd be perfectly fine if LU just stuck to in ring storytelling rather than doing so many special effects videos.

I think the main issue for LU is more that a lot of the guys on the roster hated being essentially locked out of any national wrestling companies as long as LU had episodes to air. Those guys could be making way more money just working in other promotions than doing another season of LU.

I am thinking that with the numbers, Kane will get tired of Miz bossing everyone around and chokeslam him and leave.
Or he and Strowman will get into it.
The first option seems more likely but either of those is the only thing I can see unless Joe comes out and jumps Strowman.

I hope not.

Shield should just win 5 on 3.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also wtf @ Kane as a heel in 2017 while running for Mayor.

Though mostly WTF @ Kane in 2017 period
It's not like it's the first, tenth or twentieth time we've been teased on a mystery wrestler and had it turn out to be Big Show or Kane.

Hex

Banned

Yeah there is no way they would have known because I think it was only in the past few months that it was talked about. I believe it was next season is go and very hopeful for another after that. It was some interview from a con with Vampiro and Melissa Santos.
I am honestly expecting the temple to get blown up literally at the end of this season.

Hex

Banned
I hope not.

Shield should just win 5 on 3.

I agree, but that is the Intercontinental champion, two former and in contention tag champs, the monster of the moment and the charisma vacuum that is the monster of yesterday.

How do you do that without really making the 5 look bad?

I agree, but that is the Intercontinental champion, two former and in contention tag champs, the monster of the moment and the charisma vacuum that is the monster of yesterday.

Pin Kane because fuck Kane

Hex

Banned
You know I never noticed Honky Tonk Man?
tumblr_odai49DWSC1sbzhteo1_500.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You would think they would have made the premise and result of the main event less obvious. I mean the choice was between "MYSTERY WRESTLER" and "by far the most popular wrestler on the heel side not being in the match at all."

Heh touche

I'd have preferred they kept it 4 on 3.... Kane is slow and hasn't been any good in years, to me he'll actively hurt the match

And you think Dean Ambrose is fast?

This match is designed to make Roman look strong.

The Shield are deffo going to get some help. If it's Joe, broken Matt Hardy or even Taker.

Angry Grimace

Joe got hurt at the wrong time. Dude was getting pretty hot.

Have Kane chokeslam Miz because Miz keeps trying to boss Kane around, then Shield gets the 123.

And you think Dean Ambrose is fast?

This match is designed to make Roman look strong.

The Shield are deffo going to get some help. If it's Joe, broken Matt Hardy or even Taker.

What?

Yes I think Dean Ambrose is a better and more credible performer than Kane in 2017.

And Taker isn't returning, Broken Hardy ain't happening and Joe has no reason to help Roman, Rollins or Ambrose

Have Kane chokeslam Miz because Miz keeps trying to boss Kane around, then Shield gets the 123.

That would be one way to really screw over the whole reason this match exists.

The Shield shouldn't win because of Kane.

Angry Grimace

The Shield are going to win because it's an alliance of the top 3 babyfaces in the company who are even more wildly popular when acting as the Shield.

Angry Grimace

Roman will spear some fool and then they will get triple powerbombed.

Angry Grimace

The intent here is obvious. There's nobody else even vaguely competitive in kayfabe on the roster to the Shield. They're not going to look strong if they beat any 3 other people on the roster. So fuck it they're gonna beat up 5 guys at the same time.

Remember when you guys were laughing about the Shield fighting the Miztourage? That's why there's 5 guys. They're still going over clean.

The intent here is obvious. There's nobody else even vaguely competitive in kayfabe on the roster to the Shield. They're not going to look strong if they beat any 3 other people on the roster. So fuck it they're gonna beat up 5 guys at the same time.

But the Shield was so good in kayfabe because of the damned numbers game?

Angry Grimace

For what it's worth WWE's obsession with the main event does mean that they have pretty consistently good main events other than the couple times they actually let Jinder main event.

TLC use to be a ladder match just with other shit, but maybe they changed that when they introduced the PPV, I can't remember

It varies.

Sometimes it is a ladder match with tables and chairs.

Other times it is a match scheduled for one fall... one fall, with all those things.

Angry Grimace

I can't believe they're going on have Finn go out there in that.

Shauni

It's not a bad look to be fair on its own

Yeah, it's honestly not. I mean, it's not radically different from his regular Demon get-up outside the color. Unless people just hate his make up stuff in general I feel like peeps are tripping over thier own nutsack a bit to insult because the feud is so ridiculous

Angry Grimace

Why is Graves on both SD and Raw. Why didn't they just get a different heel commentator?

Not that I'm complaining.

Top Bottom