• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Hasney

DMWlSzUV4AASBib.jpg

Not sure what Nia is going to do outside of the WWE, the indie scene for Women is nowhere near as strong as it is for men.

I'm all for folks dumping this crap company, but she's probably going to struggle if she wants to keep wrestling.

Maybe she never liked wrestling all that much to begin with? I wonder how much of trying to turn it into a career stemmed from her size and her family. Maybe she'll be happier and better off.

jmdajr

Not sure what Nia is going to do outside of the WWE, the indie scene for Women is nowhere near as strong as it is for men.

I'm all for folks dumping this crap company, but she's probably going to struggle if she wants to keep wrestling.

Go back to modeling. Maybe she will have more opportunities now?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
yeah but I live in the states, never tried to use a VPN to unlock the game and am worried about getting banned from steam

I think it's relatively safe. JaseC posted a guide on how to do it

aalSFC0.png

This is for early unlocks but its probably a similar system with redeeming codes

Nekofrog

Banned
People said the same stuff about Taker shooting lightning on newsgroups way in ye olde past.

No we didn't we loved that shit along. The only one who hated it was Scott Keith and he was so far up his own ass nobody listened to him

too many people listened to him

Bunch of babies

FBBvJXn.png

Back in the day they had a bit of leverage - if a wrestler felt they weren't being treated right or disliked the programs they were being given, they could always finish up in the territory and move on to make comparable money elsewhere. What leverage do they have nowadays? It's either put up and shut up, or walk.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Back in the day they had a bit of leverage - if a wrestler felt they weren't being treated right or disliked the programs they were being given, they could always finish up in the territory and move on to make comparable money elsewhere. What leverage do they have nowadays? It's either put up and shut up, or walk.
Would you disagree about the crux of the statement - that people need to be fine with finishes, whatever the hell they are?

Dolph had his time to quit and didn't take it. He's going nowhere till he's pushed.

I find it funny that people will mock the ones who complain on Twitter and don't just quit if they're unhappy, but then when people do quit when they're unhappy, say they're ungrateful or whatever

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWE really seems like a shitty place to work.
It probably is but the pay is good, the work is steady, and I get the impression working WrestleMania is a big deal to most of these guys.

XenoRaven

Dolph had his time to quit and didn't take it. He's going nowhere till he's pushed.

I find it funny that people will mock the ones who complain on Twitter and don't just quit if they're unhappy, but then when people do quit when they're unhappy, say they're ungrateful or whatever
Yep. Sit there and take it or you're a whiny millennial loser or whatever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just don't see why Nia would walk out.

She isn't good and there's a ton of women in NXT who can just replace her.

Kornflayx

If Nia walked out, I bet it has less to do with being told to lose and everything to do with someone bullying her because of her weight.

Pikma

Banned
Bunch of babies

FBBvJXn.png

Would you disagree about the crux of the statement - that people need to be fine with finishes, whatever the hell they are?
👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼
None of us know what's actually going on. It'd be stupid to pretend like we know best.

Zach, I'm looking to watch some old good WCW on my lunch break. Wanna checked out the Hollywood Blondes since I was listening to Jericho's podcast with DA MELTZ where they talked about Brian Pillman. Got any recommendations?

Nope, not at all, you do the job you're given - but back then it was in everyone's best interests not to burn bridges, so you make a nice, clean exit on your way out and a year or two down the line? Who knows what happens. Nowadays though, wrestlers have to weigh their dissatisfaction against their financial security, and with fewer options available than would have been in decades past. Refusing to do the job might not be the best tactic unless you're specifically looking to be released, but it's about all the leverage left to the modern day WWE talent.

Angry Grimace

Like it sucks to hear about her problems but Sanity is already to go for the main roster and Cross is going to be way more over than Nia ever was.

Top Bottom