• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

jmdajr

Agreed. If anything, it's another thing that supports her leaving. More callups (like Asuka now and Nikki soon) mean less time and opportunity for you, and if you haven't gotten title shot/reign payday money before, you're even less likely to with each callup
I feel like during the Diva era everyone got the title at least once.

Now who has gotten the shaft?

Besides Emma?

Heroman

Banned
Why isnt this Natio Finisher?
NaitoIishi.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HAs anyone besides “wrestlevotes” even reported on this Nia story?

Because I’m coming up with nothing yet

Besides Emma?

Summer
Lana
Dana
Tamina

all immediately come to mind. Two never booked, one only booked to be humiliated because she ruined a bad angle. List excludes Nia and Emma (one who was never booked for a while, then complained, and is now only booked to be humiliated).

Just saying that the myth that there's no reason anyone backstage could have to be upset ever is just that: a myth.

He lands on has upper back first and most of the force is taken by the upper back. And what suplex are you taking about? A Lot of them aim for the upper back.
Upper back with head/neck protected by an arm is safer than being dropped head/neck first unprotected

And it sure looks like his head bounces first in that gif

Recall

There are a lot of wrestlers out there that have moves that could easily replace their finisher. I wish multiple finishers was more of a widespread thing.

Erm in Japan every wrestler has established moves that can end a match, not just a single move but usually at least 3-4 moves.

Tanahashi has defeated people with a Slingblsde, a Dragon Sleeper, a Dragon Suplex, high fly flow, inside cradle and a German suplex.

Ishii has a lariat, a brain buster, the SSD.

It's totally the norm that's why near falls actually matter.

Adree

This one isn’t as surprising since Nia tweeted constantly about how she hated getting left off shows while everything revolved around Sasha/Charlotte/Alexa.

Rock's cousin or not there are tons of big women in wrestling who are a billion times better like Viper so probably not a smart move if true.

It's weird how much shit Neville got from "fans" for standing up for himself.

Like with Punk, and you're even seeing it from the NFL players doing protests, everyone says they're fine with the idea of standing up for yourself, but then when it happens it gets hate because people think there's a mythical Better Way of Doing It

Which to me sounds more like "do it on your free time in a way that doesn't affect this thing I'm trying to watch and also that I don't have to see on my social media"

Rock's cousin or not there are tons of big women in wrestling who are a billion times better like Viper so probably not a smart move if true.

Vinnie Mac doesn't operate under your definition of talent. He looks at a wide range of ways people respect and contribute to a corporate hierarchy. Remember, Vince is a CEO, not a carnival promoter, and he wants his (contractual) employees to operate accordingly.

Foggy

Erm in Japan every wrestler has established moves that can end a match, not just a single move but usually at least 3-4 moves.

Tanahashi has defeated people with a Slingblsde, a Dragon Sleeper, a Dragon Suplex, high fly flow, inside cradle and a German suplex.

Ishii has a lariat, a brain buster, the SSD.

It's totally the norm that's why near falls actually matter.

Oh I'm aware, I just wish it was more prevalent. It's definitely not the norm. Dragon Gate is the only one I can think of where it's where I'd like them to be.

Welp. Ryback on his podcast (with his female cohost beside him) implied women wrestling fans have mental issues

Audio's up on Pro Wrestling Sheet. Gonna be hard for him to spin out of this one/argue this one's taken out of context

Recall

Hey, I hate Punk because he's an asshole, get it right ya gaijin.

Everyone is an asshole.

And never forget that as fans we really don't know anything about any wrestler, only how they portray themselves on TV or social media.

For every wrestler you think isn't an asshole there are a hundred who are/were.

So imagine, Owl goes to kip after his latest Kanetober entry, I've got no real drive to check out Raw upon waking.
So I leave it, until I've got some minutes to kill until British Bakeoff starts (the ultimate King of the Ring tourney), I suppose I'll give it a look...

KANETOBER!!!!

KANETOBER WAT

We literally willed Kane back into existence, my gawd
The power of #Kanetober

Wait, Kane is back??

NOCTURNOWL, WE DID IT

2017, Year of A Kane

And this is what I see, incredible, outstanding, the power of Kanetober is REAL.
I'd have quoted all the Kane related posts, positive and negative for posterity but that's like 150 posts. he gets the buzz brother!

GONNA NEED TO ADD ANOTHER CHAPTER TO THIS STORY BROTHER
My music entry is already outdated!
(actually is it? sounded the same to me)

Now everyone pretends to like Kane and we forget all of the "Kane in 2016" "Kane in 2017"
Out of shape part timer running back for that PPV main event money

My daughter actually wants me to drive her ass 3 hours to Houston to see a libertarian car insurance salesman possibly headline survivor series.

nshFS.gif

You gotta do it for your kid groovy!

I think Kane and HHH had a good match in 2001.
It's actually part of a potential Kanetober entry of under the radar Kane matches, the chain match at Judgement Day 2001.

---

Outside of all that big red business, I want to shake the hand of the poster who mentioned pumpkin spice Balor

Zach

Zach, I'm looking to watch some old good WCW on my lunch break. Wanna checked out the Hollywood Blondes since I was listening to Jericho's podcast with DA MELTZ where they talked about Brian Pillman. Got any recommendations?

Oh, no again. It was a time-sensitive question, too! Nooooooo!

I'm sorry, D. Plan. The good news is that 1.) I can't remember specific things anyway and 2.) you can't really go wrong with any Blondz material, in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still looking at 0 credible sources for the Nia Jax talk. Maybe it's not worth talking about, since it doesn't appear to hold any water (yet)?

Top Bottom