• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Syder

Z91gIck.gif

Discord invite if someone could be so kind.

For those who are even still here to read it, thank you for all your Wrasslin' posts over the years. It's been a mainstay in my day to day, from the GIFS to the knowledge about wrestling outside of WWE that helped expand my horizons, I am grateful.

Hope to see you on discord or parts unknown.

For those who are even still here to read it, thank you for all your Wrasslin' posts over the years. It's been a mainstay in my day to day, from the GIFS to the knowledge about wrestling outside of WWE that helped expand my horizons, I am grateful.

Same. But mostly a lurker. Got left behind by not having joined the Destiny discord in time for when everything blew up.

joeposh

Same, and would also appreciate an invite if folks are still lurking.

yencid

If that continues then awesome, more wrestling discussion is always good. Before all of this EL scandal stuff happened we did a lot of work to rehab WrassleGAF's image from what it was a few years ago and make the place a lot more inviting to new faces (and for the most part I'd say we accomplished that). But if today is any indication OT Community as a whole is going to go a lot slower than it used to.

I think wraslegaf is going to be a pretty big part of the OT going forward but i think the OT and Gaf in general is going to be much smaller.

I would appreciate a discord link as well. Im going to stay on here but i would definitely like to see the bigger community.

Laws00

I slept through the ppv and raw and didnt care for tuesday but i missed you guys not going to lie

wanted to see your reactions towards a few a those matches

So at TLC Finn Balor wins clean over The Phenomenal AJ Styles, arguably the biggest star on SmackDown Live. Then on Monday he jobs clean to Kane, an old guy the fans respect but don't care about. All of this to set up Braun vs. Kane at Survivor Series? Vince, ummm ..., show me the logic?

Meanwhile, I get the feeling Bray Wyatt was spared a burial had his Sister Abigail debut been fed to Finn's demon. What a colossal waste that would have been.

So at TLC Finn Balor wins clean over The Phenomenal AJ Styles, arguably the biggest star on SmackDown Live. Then on Monday he jobs clean to Kane, an old guy the fans respect but don't care about. All of this to set up Braun vs. Kane at Survivor Series? Vince, ummm ..., show me the logic?

Meanwhile, I get the feeling Bray Wyatt was spared a burial had his Sister Abigail debut been fed to Finn's demon. What a colossal waste that would have been.
Aj's problem is he is too good which means he can put over and work with everyone. But this also means they think he can lose to everyone and not lose his "heat".

yencid

Aj's problem is he is too good which means he can put over and work with everyone. But this also means they think he can lose to everyone and not lose his "heat".

But whats the point of putting over finn one night and then burry him the next?

Hell the match against AJ was supposed to be so that whomever won would go against their respective champion. So Balor wins a match against brock lesnar and instead of making him look like he could stand a chance he gets destroyed by kane the next night. i just dont get it.

joeposh

Are they wrong about that? I think AJ is in the rare catahory of WWE stars who can retain his aura amongst the fans despite his win/loss record.

dream

G-Fex, I'd like to apologize to you, and confess that I've always felt that we've beefed for no reason at all. I hope you join me in making wrestlinggaf a fun and insightful community again.

edit: hi excelsior, officerob, sibersk, and sephzilla. I thought yall were done with this site?

But whats the point of putting over finn one night and then burry him the next?

Hell the match against AJ was supposed to be so that whomever won would go against their respective champion. So Balor wins a match against brock lesnar and instead of making him look like he could stand a chance he gets destroyed by kane the next night. i just dont get it.

He's there for whatever they need pretty much. The whole company is random weekly, monthly, and yearly sometimes.

Are they wrong about that? I think AJ is in the rare catahory of WWE stars who can retain his aura amongst the fans despite his win/loss record.

Nah they aren't wrong but that's the explanation but also the reason they justify him losing or pairing him with people who are not that great. This would be bad for other people who aren't as skilled as AJ but they thought were good.

Clyde Donovan

Neo Member
Can't watch wrestling live, so I was always a few pages behind.

Yeah, sometimes I would watch something the next day and when something big happened (Sami's heel turn for example) I would try and find the point in the thread it started and read the replies. That's been me in general with this site. E3 conferences, The Game Awards etc. Sometimes these threads move too fast to have an input but I enjoy reading them along with the event. Last thing is my wrestling knowledge outside WWE and to an extent TNA (or whatever they are today) is not great. I have heard of others outside of WWE such as Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, Ricochet etc but not seen enough to have much of an opinion. I'm a casual fan that doesn't have much time since I probably consume about 6 hours of WWE content a week, not including PPVs. The overall number admittedly is smaller than that as I fast forward ads and matches I don't care about but it's still a lot for me, and sometimes I add Impact to that if I can be bothered to download from the on demand service on Sky.

Also when I start posting I have a tendency to ramble on...

Re: Balor.

Are they afraid of a backlash like with Reigns if they look to be pushing him too hard? BETTER MAKE HIM LOSE TO KANE (in 2017) OR THE FANS WILL BOO HIM!

lol.

Personally I don't care, I don't like him or hate him, pretty much indifferent (being stuck in a feud with zzzzBrayzzzz will do that for me) but it just seems weird how they're handling someone they want to be a big deal.

I've said it before and will again, his finishing move absolutely SUCKS. Find something new mate cause the pissy stomp is terrible. It has zero impact and noise behind it, nothing to pop to, he's trying not to hurt the guy I understand but it just comes out looking awkward and weak, that doesn't make for a great wrestling finishing move. :\

Watched raw last night since I missed it Monday night. The Invasion angle was too quick, were in the 1st week in the road to SS but Invasion from Smackdown was already done. I feel like they should have waited a bit instead of just ending with the Invasion.

Though I won't lie, the invasion was pretty hilarious, seeing a bunch of jobbers + AJ invade Raw was entertaining.

Clyde Donovan

Neo Member
I think they are building up Kane so he can fall to Strowman, thus building up Strowman so he can fall to Reigns. Pretty much to #MakeRomanLookStrong

So, they give Kane a big clean win over one of the biggest stars on RAW.

Not that I think it will work and sacrificing Balor after a great match with AJ Styles was stupid to me, but that's my understanding of it.

Luschient

I feel this is exactly what happened with Ziggler a couple of years back.

Where he is now should be a warning sign to AJ.

T.v

Re: Balor.

Are they afraid of a backlash like with Reigns if they look to be pushing him too hard? BETTER MAKE HIM LOSE TO KANE (in 2017) OR THE FANS WILL BOO HIM!

lol.

Personally I don't care, I don't like him or hate him, pretty much indifferent (being stuck in a feud with zzzzBrayzzzz will do that for me) but it just seems weird how they're handling someone they want to be a big deal.

I've said it before and will again, his finishing move absolutely SUCKS. Find something new mate cause the pissy stomp is terrible. It has zero impact and noise behind it, nothing to pop to, he's trying not to hurt the guy I understand but it just comes out looking awkward and weak, that doesn't make for a great wrestling finishing move. :\

His stomp to AJ looked great though. But that's only because he stiffed the shit out of it.

broz0rs

^ yeah he usually softens the impact by falling behind his back after the boots connects, but that one to AJ was absolutely planted.

joeposh

I feel this is exactly what happened with Ziggler a couple of years back.

Where he is now should be a warning sign to AJ.

Except AJ has the personality and skills to believably be back in the title picture whenever they need him. Ziggler has made it clear over the past few years that he doesn't.

Gurrry

I feel like the first bad AJ match we are going to get will be against Mahal. The dude simply cant carry a compelling match to save his life.

Not to mention if Jinder wins, the IWC is going to come unglued.

Kane squashing Balor in 2017. Its no wonder why this company cant create new stars. I wouldn't be surprised if they have Roman retire Kane. They put all their eggs in 1 basket. So far Roman has:

- Most Royal Rumble wins
- Main Evented WM 3X straight
- Retired The Undertaker
- Will end Brocks reign

Is that really necessary for 1 guy that most fans don't like? Since he retired Taker, why not have Nak, AJ or Fin end Brock than lead that to a Roman vs "Guy that ended Brock" feud? This company has no concept of building more than 1 guy at a time.

Gurrry

Kane squashing Balor in 2017. Its no wonder why this company cant create new stars. I wouldn't be surprised if they have Roman retire Kane. They put all their eggs in 1 basket. So far Roman has:

- Most Royal Rumble wins
- Main Evented WM 3X straight
- Retired The Undertaker
- Will end Brocks reign

Is that really necessary for 1 guy that most fans don't like? Since he retired Taker, why not have Nak, AJ or Fin end Brock than lead that to a Roman vs "Guy that ended Brock" feud? This company has no concept of building more than 1 guy at a time.

This entire year of wrestling has been used to build up to Roman/Brock. We have all known the end game since WM. And we know exactly how the story will end too. This entire year has been a wash.

Its stifling all creativity and surprises. I dont hate Roman the person/character, but I hate that he is what is making wrestling 0 fun this year.

Roman beating Brock is the one good thing WWE is doing with Roman, so I'm fine with that.

How is that a good thing?

He's a force fed character that just can not get over no matter how hard they try.
It's attempt after attempt to get him over with the crowd and is just falls flat.

They have better candidates to carry that brand that can wrestle as well as talk.

Gurrry

Roman beating Brock is the one good thing WWE is doing with Roman, so I'm fine with that.

This is only good if Brock is leaving the company. I used to love him being there, but the quality of his matches this year have been horrible and his prolonged absences just make me dislike him overall.

I would much rather see the biggest belt in the company on TV every week. I get that he brings some legitimacy to the brand, but what good does that do if he only shows up once a month for a 7 minute match?

T.v

How is that a good thing?

He's a force fed character that just can not get over no matter how hard they try.
It's attempt after attempt to get him over with the crowd and is just falls flat.

They have better candidates to carry that brand that can wrestle as well as talk.
Because they have actually done a good job of showing that Roman has a chance against Brock since their WM match years ago. I agree with pretty much everything said against Roman, but him beating Brock is the right move in my opinion. Long overdue even.

This is only good if Brock is leaving the company. I used to love him being there, but the quality of his matches this year have been horrible and his prolonged absences just make me dislike him overall.

I would much rather see the biggest belt in the company on TV every week. I get that he brings some legitimacy to the brand, but what good does that do if he only shows up once a month for a 7 minute match?
Agreed on all fronts. The novelty of Brock has worn off long ago.

Top Bottom