• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

MarkMe2525

Got the elite strap with battery. Huge difference. The extra weight on the back makes it feel even.

Was considering a bobo halo strap style but it looks bulky and has too much crap going on. The elite strap makes the product look better imo. I also knew I like elite strap for comfort since I made a “frankenquest” with the Felix audio strap in my quest 2 and that was good

I don’t play long sessions but my kids will randomly play and leave it dead but this has enough juice to where I don’t think about it anymore. Breachers is my new addiction
Why can't children plug their shit in? I don't think i have ever picked up my daughter's 3ds, switch or tablet and it have a charge.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Probably but I haven't tried it yet. My backlog of games is absolutely massive since the uevr injector released.

Another video of the arcade. My God the detail is amazing. I just wonder what non VR people think when they see this? They probably think you're moving around an arcade in first person? 😆 The visual sensory has to be incredible with all the details you can't enjoy without VR.

I was hoping I could just side load the arcade time capsule. Too bad.

MarkMe2525

I was hoping I could just side load the arcade time capsule. Too bad.
I was hoping to do something similiar and run EmuVR, standalone will get there one day. In the meantime, I use this.
fp64joT.gif

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I've really been enjoying classics in VR lately. Specifically:

- Duke Nukem 3D -- so good to see these old environments at scale... going slowly and trying to find all those old secrets
- Half Life 2: Episode 1 -- I finished HL2VR a while ago but hadn't gotten into the episodes yet. This is pure bliss, absolutely perfect for VR
- Prey VR -- not a game I ever played in the past, and a bit weird/campy but mostly in a good way. I love seeing anything from that era with full VR though, such a time capsule to step inside the world

I'm also using Citra for 3DS games, but still fiddling with the optimizaiton and options to find a comfortable/smooth enough setup.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I've really been enjoying classics in VR lately. Specifically:

- Duke Nukem 3D -- so good to see these old environments at scale... going slowly and trying to find all those old secrets
- Half Life 2: Episode 1 -- I finished HL2VR a while ago but hadn't gotten into the episodes yet. This is pure bliss, absolutely perfect for VR
- Prey VR -- not a game I ever played in the past, and a bit weird/campy but mostly in a good way. I love seeing anything from that era with full VR though, such a time capsule to step inside the world

I'm also using Citra for 3DS games, but still fiddling with the optimizaiton and options to find a comfortable/smooth enough setup.
I think we’re a few updates away from the 3DS emulator being good. Really got now, I’d say it’s hardly serviceable. I don’t think there’s a game I’ve tried that just works as good as the handheld, or even close to it. It’s cool to test out.

amigastar

I just bought Fallout 4 VR, is it any good?
I've installed fallout vr essentials overhaul also.
Also my question is, was there anything cut from the VR version or is it the full Fallout 4 experience just in VR?

Last edited:

Romulus

I think we’re a few updates away from the 3DS emulator being good. Really got now, I’d say it’s hardly serviceable. I don’t think there’s a game I’ve tried that just works as good as the handheld, or even close to it. It’s cool to test out.

Try turning down the resolution to 2x in graphics. I'm at least 4 hours into Zelda with no gameplay issues. It's still I'm beta though.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism

Try turning down the resolution to 2x in graphics. I'm at least 4 hours into Zelda with no gameplay issues. It's still I'm beta though.

Mario Kart 7 works surprisingly decent, and particularly fun with the new experimental "180" mode Team Beef added (glad to see them jumping onto this project, VR kings), which wraps the screen around you.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Last edited:

amigastar

So i've installed Fallout 4 VR. Should i play it with mods from the beginning or should i play the vanilla version first?
I've installed the fallout vr essentials overhaul mod.

Last edited:

Alexios

Too much VR news, chill please.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Got my eye on Rogue Stargun, I have a little hesitation with the described controls. We will see.

hlm666

Been pretty busy with life stuff the last week havn't been able to keep up with much so thanks for making the VR stuff I missed easy to catch up on.

Really keen on Metro, will wait and see if the q3 version differs much from pcvr before I pick a platform but I'll be playing it on one or the other.

Nydus

Woha Metro VR looks amazing!! With the fix for the Quest 3 coming in Version 62 its finally time to chop away at the backlog. :D

Stitch

Gold Member
So i've installed Fallout 4 VR. Should i play it with mods from the beginning or should i play the vanilla version first?
I've installed the fallout vr essentials overhaul mod.
Normal Fallout 4 already needs a few mods to be fun and Bethesdas VR versions need even more mods. They really feel like lazy cashgrabs :/ So yeah, use mods.

Alexios

Cool new trailers in this showcase (and some more stuff you missed by not following me too, jerk).

There's footage of Zero Caliber 2, The Obsessive Shadow, Silent Slayer, Bow-Bots, Exoshock & more.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Regarding the Vision Pro (and hand tracking in general), I absolutely loathe pinching your fingers together as a control mechanism. It feels weird and awful to me.

No joke, that's a total deal breaker on any non-controller options for interaction. I need some paradigm which doesn't have you pinching in the air.

Hot5pur

Regarding the Vision Pro (and hand tracking in general), I absolutely loathe pinching your fingers together as a control mechanism. It feels weird and awful to me.

No joke, that's a total deal breaker on any non-controller options for interaction. I need some paradigm which doesn't have you pinching in the air.
No vibrational feedback no bueno, either.

Alexios

Easy way to search for Steam Next Fest VR demos since not all of them have an announcement tweet/trailer/whatever (unless they already had a demo released and simply updated it, then it won't show as recently released now, oh well, what can you do).

Last edited:
So , here's a question , do you guys rebuy games for pcvr and quest ? Games like beat saber, pistol whip or Tetris that are on both! I have them on my pc but it kinda sucks that when I bring my Q3 I can't play...

Resenge

So , here's a question , do you guys rebuy games for pcvr and quest ? Games like beat saber, pistol whip or Tetris that are on both! I have them on my pc but it kinda sucks that when I bring my Q3 I can't play...
I have done, but it's on a game by game basis. I bought Into the Radius on pcvr then Quest for the same reason. I have also bought Resident Evil Village and 4 remake on PC for the VR mods then bought them on PSVR for the the official VR modes.

So yeah I do, but not every game.

Last edited:
I have done, but it's on a game by game basis. I bought Into the Radius on pcvr then Quest for the same reason. I have also bought Resident Evil Village and 4 remake on PC for the VR mods then bought them on PSVR for the the official VR modes.

So yeah I do, but not every game.
yeah I do too , I have Re remake on Ps5 and PC , but I was talking about games like Pistol Whip, Beat saber, Tetris , games that are available on both PCVR and Q3.

Sure, thats why I mentioned Into the radius. I originally bought it on PCVR then later Quest 3. I am sure I have double dipped on other ones also.
does the quest 3 and PCVR version of lets say beat sabers connect to each other and keep scores? or are they both separate?

Resenge

does the quest 3 and PCVR version of lets say beat sabers connect to each other and keep scores? or are they both separate?
Last time I checked they were seperate but I haven't played beat saber in a while. Apparently the DLC packs will work on both platforms if you buy both versions on Meta Quest and PCVR.

Cross-buy across platforms is not possible, but all players who purchased Beat Saber music packs through the Meta Quest Store will have all their music packs available as a cross-buy.

calistan

I had to buy Beat Saber again for the Quest Pro because I wanted to play wirelessly, even though I'd already owned it for years on the Rift. Luckily the music packs work across both versions. Scores are not sychronised.

I also got Walkabout Mini Golf, and that one works on Quest and PC VR via one purchase. Scores and progress are sync'd across both versions. You need to look for games that support cross-buy - there's a list here (Oculus / Quest cross-buy list) but it's incomplete, Walkabout mentions it on the developer's own page: https://www.mightycoconut.com/minigolf

I had to buy Beat Saber again for the Quest Pro because I wanted to play wirelessly, even though I'd already owned it for years on the Rift. Luckily the music packs work across both versions. Scores are not sychronised.

I also got Walkabout Mini Golf, and that one works on Quest and PC VR via one purchase. Scores and progress are sync'd across both versions. You need to look for games that support cross-buy - there's a list here (Oculus / Quest cross-buy list) but it's incomplete, Walkabout mentions it on the developer's own page: https://www.mightycoconut.com/minigolf
Awesome! Thanks , I bought Walkabout Mini Golf on steam , so I'll download it for Q3

Yeah, I have VR games stranded on various platforms - Epic, Steam, Oculus and Quest. The latter two are the only ones that communicate with each other, since they're from the same comapny. It's a bit of a mess, really.
Yeah! It is a mess , just like buying games on steam, epic, Ea, they all apps now , it's annoying , but I use Playnite. At leat it reunites them all

I just got a Quest 2 over the weekend with PC Link cable, pulleys and Kiwi accesoires.

I just saw this topic and something called UEVR.

I did some research and OMG I can play Robocop in VR!?!?

My rig should be able to handle it nicely. Didnt know this!

I just got a Quest 2 over the weekend with PC Link cable, pulleys and Kiwi accesoires.

I just saw this topic and something called UEVR.

I did some research and OMG I can play Robocop in VR!?!?

My rig should be able to handle it nicely. Didnt know this!
yeah! I have to install that along with CitraVR , all the Re2 , Re4 remake mods , soo much to do and soo little time.

Alexios

I don't tend to post such content but the creators of this game clearly went above and beyond the average "sexy game shovelware" and actually tried to develop something good with radically different VR and flat mode gameplay variations. There are both censored and 18+ versions available too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom