• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

MarkMe2525

I haven't checked up on the thread in a bit. Vail looks interesting, I want to see Quest 3 gameplay as I think the trailer is PC. Fowl Play and Next Move Vr looks fun, mechanically.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Also, we’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PS VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PS VR2 titles available through PS5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
SWARM 2 is coming in March. The first game is amazing. I have it on Quest 2, but I believe it was a Quest 1/PSVR title. It's like Spider-Man with guns. The swinging sensation is phenomenal. I recommend playing with a fan going for extra effect.

P.S.- No, this game does not give you motion sickness.
P.P.S.- Just pre-ordered for the the $3 off promo.

Last edited:

Resenge

Apparently Pacific Drive in VR with uevr is a pretty good experience.

I bought this game specifically for UEVR, after watching the Skill up's review it gave me Into the Radius vibes. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but great to hear that it's good.

Have you heard any news on performance? After reading about performance on flat screen I'm not sure my 2080ti or 3060ti pc's will be able to run it at a decent framerate.

hlm666

I bought this game specifically for UEVR, after watching the Skill up's review it gave me Into the Radius vibes. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but great to hear that it's good.

Have you heard any news on performance? After reading about performance on flat screen I'm not sure my 2080ti or 3060ti pc's will be able to run it at a decent framerate.
No sorry I don't know much about the game I didn't even realise it's performance was questionable. I watched the video and was like this seems like something I should look at when I get a chance.

After a quick google it seems mirror reflection setting has a big impact on performance, so when you get around to trying this if performance is a problem try those first. Post back how it goes if you get a chance.

If you want to play in VR, im guessing you'll have to trim down some settings. VR is a resource hog because of the way it renders. It's VERY CPU/GPU heavy.
1 tip i'll give you: Turn off Anisotropic filtering in the games you want to run VR on. Turn it all the way up in the Nvidia control panel.

Why? A lot of games use the cpu instead of gpu when this setting is enabled ingame.
The GPU is much more efficient in handling this then the cpu. This should give some room for more fps in VR. :)

Even Assetto Corsa, a game from 2014, wont run at the 72 fps that I need for VR with everything on High/ Maximum.
That being said, I run a lot of shaders and stuff to make it look better.

And a 3060 is a crap card to be honest. The 2080 Ti is much faster albeit being a generation older.
Check this.

My advise would be to get rid of the 3060 and replace it with at least a 3070 Super or Ti.

I went from a 2070 Super to a 4070 Super just for VR.

Last edited:

Resenge

If you want to play in VR, im guessing you'll have to trim down some settings. VR is a resource hog because of the way it renders. It's VERY CPU/GPU heavy.
1 tip i'll give you: Turn off Anisotropic filtering in the games you want to run VR on. Turn it all the way up in the Nvidia control panel.

Why? A lot of games use the cpu instead of gpu when this setting is enabled ingame.
The GPU is much more efficient in handling this then the cpu. This should give some room for more fps in VR. :)

Even Assetto Corsa, a game from 2014, wont run at the 72 fps that I need for VR with everything on High/ Maximum.
That being said, I run a lot of shaders and stuff to make it look better.

And a 3060 is a crap card to be honest. The 2080 Ti is much faster albeit being a generation older.
Check this.

My advise would be to get rid of the 3060 and replace it with at least a 3070 Super or Ti.

I went from a 2070 Super to a 4070 Super just for VR.
I appreciate your post, but I have the 3060ti as well as a 2080ti.

I have been been into VR since the Oculus rift launch in 2016 and have a ton of different headsets. I have some experience and was just wondering if the game itself was demanding.

I'm not really in the market to upgrade just yet, I can't justify the cost as the pcs I have are ok for my needs atm.

Last edited:
I appreciate your post, but I have the 3060ti as well as a 2080ti.

I have been been into VR since the Oculus rift launch in 2016 so I have some experience, was just wondering if the game itself was demanding.

I'm not really in the market to upgrade just yet, I can't justify the cost as the pcs I have are ok for my needs atm.
It runs UE5 if im not mistaken and that's a poorly optimised engine.
It wont run well.

I have a hard time running Robocop in VR with a stable framerate...

Alexios

Some mod banned me for telling them they can't take a joke giving me infraction points for a diss way lighter than the shit people here throw on a regular basis so here's what I couldn't post the last few weeks, thanks to fart town usa fart town usa for posting some stuff for me but then his twitter got nuked?

Excuse any PSVR2 only stuff or repeats included in these posts, it's hard to sort everything in bulk. It's in rough chronological order + some shifted around to fit the embeds limit though. Also missed the spring sales window I guess so I won't be posting those Steam/Meta sale links. Thanks, modflake.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:
Top Bottom