• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift (+ Oculus Touch) is $399 for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Got my Rift today and tested out some free videos and played Robo Recall as my first game and damn this game is amazing. Teleporting works better then I thought it would and ripping the head from a robot and throwing him against other robots just feels so amazing.

I received an extender with my 3th sensor. My Rift didn't have one.

Ah yeah the 3rd sensor has one.

The one with the rift is near the controller bay

These posts about glasses are interesting, had 4 friends over all with glasses and they all seemed to find it just fine. One even commented how much more room he had with it over the Vive he had tried.

It definitely would appear to be very frame and head shape specific on how irritating you'll find it.

Ah yeah the 3rd sensor has one.

The one with the rift is near the controller bay

I ordered the 3rd sensor from Amazon here in Canada and received no extension cable which was pretty annoying since I was expecting one. Not sure if you only get that when ordered from Oculus or what the deal is.

gdt

Does anyone have impressions on Paranormal Acitivy VR? Some of the vr sites have great impressions but I'm wary of an early access game...

Hexer06

Not sure if this has been answered before, but I couldn't really find it online. Do most games support cross play with SteamVR and Oculus Home? What about those with PSVR? I know Star Trek has cross play with all devices, but I can't see a list of titles that support this. Seems that might be the only game with it right now? Was just curious about how many games actually support Crossplay with the different Stores, even if it's just Oculus and Steam. Raw Data and Arizona Sunshine are some of the ones I'm most curious about right now.

After a week of road blocks I finally got my Rift and uhhh

HOLY SHITTTTT. My only VR experience up until now was Google Cardboard, never even put a Rift or anything on at a demo. This is absolutely blowing me away, and I've only played Robo Recall and the Echo Arena tutorial (salty af that i didn't get to try the actual multiplayer beta). Even the first level of Robo Recall had me full of adrenaline and spooked out of my mind.

What is the best thread here to track sales, ask for video game recommendations, and basically just participate in an Oculus/VR community? It looks like Lone Echo has a loooot of potential, yeah?

gdt

After a week of road blocks I finally got my Rift and uhhh

HOLY SHITTTTT. My only VR experience up until now was Google Cardboard, never even put a Rift or anything on at a demo. This is absolutely blowing me away, and I've only played Robo Recall and the Echo Arena tutorial (salty af that i didn't get to try the actual multiplayer beta). Even the first level of Robo Recall had me full of adrenaline and spooked out of my mind.

What is the best thread here to track sales, ask for video game recommendations, and basically just participate in an Oculus/VR community? It looks like Lone Echo has a loooot of potential, yeah?

Probably right here.

CodeNfX

Got all the cables, USB 3.0 controller adapter, and the Touch controller today. Still waiting for the Oculus Rift headset which Amazon shows July 19-22 estimate. Come on Amazon! The anticipation is killing me.

Got all the cables, USB 3.0 controller adapter, and the Touch controller today. Still waiting for the Oculus Rift headset which Amazon shows July 19-22 estimate. Come on Amazon! The anticipation is killing me.
Me too, bro. Getting so antsy because how's it gonna arrive on the 21st if they don't freaking ship it

Jzero

Anyone else try to play Minecraft windows 10? My kids want to play it but all we get is black textures.
My GPU is way below the minimum requirements and I can still play it flawlessly.

You might need to update your drivers

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I’ve been using Big Screen Beta to watch movies with my son. We have 3 sensors set up so it is fun doing room scale. I just set my office back up since my daughter went to college and it has been a heck of a lot of fun.

They had to sets in Savannah, Ga so it was nice to pick them up, instead of usually having Amazon to deliver it.

It has been a heck of a lot of fun watching movies, hanging out, and playing games with my kids. We have had a bunch of guns with our PSVRs, but I think the Rifts are going to get a lot more playing time than the PSVR.

I think the PSVR is still more comfortable, but the Rift looks a lot better with my FTW2 GPU. It just looks cleaner, I guess. I love them both though.

Anyone on the fence, the price is right, go for it.

charpunk

Okay WOW

Experimental 2 Sensor tracking is a million times better than putting the sensors in front of you

:O

I've been using this since the touch came out until I actually get around to getting a third sensor. It's been working pretty well.

Izuna

Banned
What's incredible is that only one of my sensors is up high whereas the other one is below me (until my mount comes later today). I'm also able to go all to way to my bed to sit or something if I wanna play Landfall or use Big screen :eek:

vanfanel1car

Neo Member
Not sure if this has been answered before, but I couldn't really find it online. Do most games support cross play with SteamVR and Oculus Home? What about those with PSVR? I know Star Trek has cross play with all devices, but I can't see a list of titles that support this. Seems that might be the only game with it right now? Was just curious about how many games actually support Crossplay with the different Stores, even if it's just Oculus and Steam. Raw Data and Arizona Sunshine are some of the ones I'm most curious about right now.

Here's a decent list: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/529108

MJPIA

Well its been 5 days since my Amazon gift card from the bundle was supposed to arrive and still nothing, gonna contact Amazon about that now.

On the plus side 6 days ago a GTX 1070 popped up in stock on Amazon for $370 and I managed to grab one and I finally got a notification that it shipped today.
Now I just gotta wait for my Rift to ship and I'll be all set.

Waiting to order my extra cables and mounts for when my $100 GC arrives. But it's now looking like they lost it. They're late on delivery a few days already :/

Edit:

Well its been 5 days since my Amazon gift card from the bundle was supposed to arrive and still nothing, gonna contact Amazon about that now.

On the plus side 6 days ago a GTX 1070 popped up in stock on Amazon for $370 and I managed to grab one and I finally got a notification that it shipped today.
Now I just gotta wait for my Rift to ship and I'll be all set.

Looks like I'm not alone. The good/bad news is my rift and controllers aren't set to arrive for like another week anyway.

theRizzle

Okay WOW

Experimental 2 Sensor tracking is a million times better than putting the sensors in front of you

:O

I couldn't get mine to work at all... Obviously I had them set up wrong but I didn't want to spend a ton of time trying. I might give it another shot before just ordering a 3rd sensor.

low-G

There was a patch released in the past week that addressed loading problems. After the initial credit scene the game takes less than 5 seconds to get from config to trailer scene. And another 5 seconds to get to selected game. I only have 16GB of RAM and SSD.

Tested Arizona Sunshine load times tonight, definitely much, much quicker. I'd say it's on par with other VR games with nice assets. Probably Raw Data-ish loadtimes.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
This is way beyond anything I had expected, although the only VR I had experienced before was Google Cardboard,

The VR hype is real, don't know how I've doubted it before. Once you put the headset on for the first time, with the touch controllers, everything feels so natural and you really believe you are there. One of the most incredible gaming experiences of my life!

Mascot

Spoke to Scan yesterday and they are expecting new stock in the next day or so, but it will likely be a new bundle. Same price, same Rift with two touch controllers, but no Xbox One controller and no remote control. I think this is the new one-box bundle that Oculus have put together and will form worldwide stock from this point on. So, no free controller or remote any more, which is a bit of a bummer.

Spoke to Scan yesterday and they are expecting new stock in the next day or so, but it will likely be a new bundle. Same price, same Rift with two touch controllers, but no Xbox One controller and no remote control. I think this is the new one-box bundle that Oculus have put together and will form worldwide stock from this point on. So, no free controller or remote any more, which is a bit of a bummer.
Yeah I've heard that too. That's around £70 of value stripped from the package.

It still listed the Xbox controller and remote when I bought it from Amazon, so would be annoyed if they aren't included when it arrives next week.

Yeah I've heard that too. That's around £70 of value stripped from the package.

It still listed the Xbox controller and remote when I bought it from Amazon, so would be annoyed if they aren't included when it arrives next week.

Presumably I should receive both if my order looks like this?

9a94a1057b.png

TI82

Banned
Gotta be careful in some of these games, don't have a big play area currently and ended up hitting my wall quite a few times lol.

solarus

Your GPU is pretty much the min spec, which isn't terrible. I actually used a 280x before I upgraded and probably 75+ percent of things will work fine on low settings and you'll get the occasional frame drop.

I still upgraded and it's better, but the 290 should be good enough to get you going.
Thanks! Still on the fence about the whole thing, might wait and invest in a new GPU first.

exemp30

Haha I received the touch controls before the rift so I've just been taking them out of the box every now and then to wave them around. My order page does say that it should be shipping today so I'm hopeful I get them by Friday.

Haha I received the touch controls before the rift so I've just been taking them out of the box every now and then to wave them around. My order page does say that it should be shipping today so I'm hopeful I get them by Friday.

same, in regards to getting touch controllers first. assuming u got it from amazon with the prime deal?

I should probably set up the one sensor now

I just want a 1050ti

Miners are buying 1050ti's? Or is it just that no other cards are available so even those are picked slim. The 1050ti is a terrible mining card so that would just be odd.

I see 1050ti's in stock in many places for not that much of a markup. Amazon has them for $146

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M4KGTNI/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500457326&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=1050ti&dpPl=1&dpID=51Spvzl1u5L&ref=plSrch

Are you outside the U.S?

Question: Should I upgrade to Win10 to be able to play every game? I am currently on Win7.
You should upgrade to Win10 because that gives you Asynchronous Spacewarp, which is an Oculus feature that keeps things perfectly smooth and high framerate even when a game is really bogging your system down. It lets you run games you normally wouldn’t be able to run, or run games at higher quality settings. ASW is enabled by default but doesn’t work in Windows 7.

hoserx

Saw some people talking about prescription lenses, these ones are newer and have very good reviews. Mine shipped a couple days ago so I can update when they get here .

https://widmovr.com/product/oculus-rift-prescription-lenses-adapter/

But apparently leaps and bounds above VRLabs and any 3d printed ones

I'm really interested. I was going to order from vr lens eu but they are out of the adapters. This seems like a better move, though, with these adapters. Definitely keep us posted on how yours work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom