• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ODIN SPHERE (Atlus/Vanillaware) thread of Unlimited Awesome (MUST SEE)

Ledsen

2007? No way! I was sure this was -04 or -05... Seems like very long ago when I played it, but I'd been at. Uni for two years! Mind blown. Anyway, one of the best PS2 games for sure, the story is awesome and the ending is one of the best ever.

JoeFenix

The framerate on the PSN version is SOOOOOO much better than on PS2. Seriously night and day difference, barely any slowdown on Odette or anywhere for that matter.

Load times are never any longer than 2 seconds either, game feels much tighter running off HDD.

If you loved this game it's probably worth the 10$ for the framerate upgrades alone. Good stuff!

Sagitario

JoeFenix said:
The framerate on the PSN version is SOOOOOO much better than on PS2. Seriously night and day difference, barely any slowdown on Odette or anywhere for that matter.

Load times are never any longer than 2 seconds either, game feels much tighter running off HDD.

If you loved this game it's probably worth the 10$ for the framerate upgrades alone. Good stuff!

You just convinced me to get this from PSN [soon].

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
JoeFenix said:

Wow... well time to slap down 10 bucks. Thanks.

Jigsaw

Banned
JoeFenix said:

all this was fixed in the pal ps2 version already,almost no load times or slowdown even back then

SpokkX said:
is it out on EU PSN?

Nope, no PS2 games on EU PSN as of yet.

We're just starting to get the PS1 Imports the US store got ages ago, so god knows how long it will take for the PS2 games to be available. I just grabbed a US PSN card (gamecards.eu) and got Odin Sphere and God Hand from the US store.

JWong

Banned
JoeFenix said:

Great news. You're the only one to report on it, and a good reason to bump this old thread.

Good job.

JoeFenix said:

Thanks. Like JWong said, you're the only news I've heard on this. I'll buy it.

anddo0

JoeFenix said:

May have to the PSN version a try.. I don't suppose my old PS2 saves will work?

Dambrosi

Banned
If what JoeFenix says is true, it looks like I'll have to invest in a US PSN gift card next week.

Odin Sphere with no/much less slowdown is impossible to resist.

Mind you, I'd buy a video of 2 Girls 1 Cup if it had Vanillaware spritework and animation, so...

Top Bottom