• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

If we believe Seath is a god we can test that claim by lynching him.

If he is a god we know what happens when a god is lynched.
-Does it go to the person with the 2nd most votes?
-Does no one get lynched?
-Does the day just continue?

If he isn't a god then we at least get rid of blarg lite.

I think he is trolling.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the consequences being catastrophic for us. It's a huge gamble. We have know way of knowing what will happen for sure and I hate that.

Sophia

What I'm worried about is what happens next day? If it turns out he no lynches, and then scum team will almost certainly target an active townie and take them out, further stiffing discussion....

I think I'd rather try and hit actual scum today.

Kevyt

tumblr_nlh4497jrq1roskf0o1_r1_500.gif

I have no qualms being "lynched" today. I like what EzekelRage proposes.

Vote: Seath

Let's go.

What happens if we get guaranteed scum?

Say Kome has an edict that lets a follower of Komena know of a random non Kome follower.

The person claims god.

Do we just let him continue on? Ok.

What if there is another person on the chopping block and they claim god, do we go on to the next in fear of what might happen?

Honestly I don't believe Seath is a god and shouldn't waste a ban on him since he is trolling, but if we do run across someone who claims on the chopping block we can't let this be our response. Then all scum would do it, god or not.

Sophia

Ah, to hell with it. You have a point. We can't run away from what happens when you vote off a God.

He's pissing me off with his poor imitation of Blarg anyhow.

Vote: Seath

Don't...don't tell them that I regularly eat tubs of speculoos ice-cream with copious amount of speculoos spread slathered on it D:

You're exaggerating about a turbo. Also, I've been suspicious of you since the start of this day phase, so my vote is timely. Did not want to vote immediately since I was reading OA and Seath. Having votes down is always a good thing in my mind, and they can definitely change - we still have plenty of time in this day phase. You seem nervous.

Of course I'm nervous. There aren't any votes on anyone else and I seem to be on the top of everyone's scum list.

And now we're being sidetracked by Seath. We can't afford to waste a lynch on him. I'd rather get scum, and Seath seems to be playing like someone not afraid to be lynched.

Seath is playing like someone who can't be lynched or killed.

Or like a tanner...

But is this THAT much of a Bastard/madness game?

Sorry for being out of hat today and yesterday. Family in town this weekend and we have been put to work around the house.

Seath? You are 1/2 of the expected gods in this game. I've got to ask, why pick the ten post limit?

Kevyt

Fengshuifever is not Komena.

To address the question of the edicts, some of them come already established with the flavor of the game. Others can be implemented by us.

Gorlak

Banned
I'm not a god.

Seath do you even know who's Komena? You didn't dream anything, right?

Voting Seath is okay if you think he's just fucking with us. Voting a god is not. That's wasting a lynch. We can't lynch a god. There was a power role to kill a god. Apparantly there are dreams about spells(?) which kill a god. Why would you waste a crucial lynch for a god? Because "we have to try anyway"?

Make up your mind if you believe Seath about his role.

Gorlak

Banned
So I went through this day and looked for open statements about who sb suspects. I hope you can see how my formatting works. I don't claim it to be 100% free of errors, but I tried my best

scum suspects:

Sophia:
Splinter (#660)
Dragonz (#844)

LP:
Splinter (#668)
Seath

Splinter:
LP (#694)
Ocean (#753)
---
LP(#842)
Ocean
Dragonz

Gorlak:
LP (#706)
Sophia
Eze
---
LP (#856)
Swamped

Panda:
LP (#714)
Dragonz
---
Seath (#876)
LP
Dragonz

Seath:
Gorlak (#723)
Dragonz

Kyan:
LP (#886)
Seath

Eze:
Gorlak (#890)
Dragons/Panda

Gorlak

Banned
Player giving opinion:
Suspect (postnumber)
Suspect (if no second #, it's the same as above)
--- (divider if newer posts contained same names)

So who gave no opinion? (correct me if I missed you, pls provide postnumber)
10. [m] Zippedpinhead
11. [m] OceanicAir
12. [f] Swamped
15. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz
17- [m] fengshuifever

*Splinter

What happens if we get guaranteed scum?

Say Kome has an edict that lets a follower of Komena know of a random non Kome follower.

The person claims god.

Do we just let him continue on? Ok.

What if there is another person on the chopping block and they claim god, do we go on to the next in fear of what might happen?

Honestly I don't believe Seath is a god and shouldn't waste a ban on him since he is trolling, but if we do run across someone who claims on the chopping block we can't let this be our response. Then all scum would do it, god or not.
If someone claims god when they are on the chopping block we assume they are lying and lynch them. Why overcomplicate it?

...I must've missed the post. Oops.

I don't have any strong reads at the moment; everyone's acting weird, I'm exhausted and kinda buzzed, nothing in this thread makes sense anymore.

If I had to pick someone off of immediate gut reactions it would be LP or Swamped, because I literally know fuck all about them and it's suspicious to me. Top town is probably Sophia.

Other than that I've got nothing important to add and don't want to A) Do a drive by and contribute nothing or B) word vomit points others have made and waste time

*Splinter

...I must've missed the post. Oops.

I don't have any strong reads at the moment; everyone's acting weird, I'm exhausted and kinda buzzed, nothing in this thread makes sense anymore.

If I had to pick someone off of immediate gut reactions it would be LP or Swamped, because I literally know fuck all about them and it's suspicious to me. Top town is probably Sophia.

Other than that I've got nothing important to add and don't want to A) Do a drive by and contribute nothing or B) word vomit points others have made and waste time
What makes you trust Sophia?

Gorlak

Banned

Sophia and Zipped are confirmed town, if you believe the mods and Zipped. He claimed to have received the message, there was no counter. Nobody else gives you townie feelings?

You pop up as suspicious in reads of 5 players, it's easily possible that you'll be lynched today (you've seen the last minute shenanigans). You really don't want to share a bit more of your opinion?

I just can't think of any reason for her to lie. I mean, her PR is out in the open, and assuming she's being honest about it, it doesn't necessarily feel like a scummy role. Plus she's been really good about discussion, which I know isn't, like, the only thing that makes someone town, but her posts feel genuine. She also doesn't zero in on someone hardcore; she's open to new ideas and new possibilities as the game evolves. That doesn't strike me as fishy.

I can't really describe it in my current mental state but...I don't know. I feel as though I was wrong about her day one and as I've seen more from her I am less and less convinced she's scum.

*Splinter

I just can't think of any reason for her to lie. I mean, her PR is out in the open, and assuming she's being honest about it, it doesn't necessarily feel like a scummy role. Plus she's been really good about discussion, which I know isn't, like, the only thing that makes someone town, but her posts feel genuine. She also doesn't zero in on someone hardcore; she's open to new ideas and new possibilities as the game evolves. That doesn't strike me as fishy.

I can't really describe it in my current mental state but...I don't know. I feel as though I was wrong about her day one and as I've seen more from her I am less and less convinced she's scum.
Interesting... we have an apparent green check on Sophia and I still struggle to trust her sometimes, but ok difference of opinion.

At the very least I can guess that this reads list hasn't been run through a scum chat, as I'm sure they would have point out the Zipped/Sophia being confirmed thing.

*Splinter

What do you two think of Kyanrute?
Very light town read. He's had plenty of sarcastic posts whereas I felt he was a lot more cautious/goody goody as scum. That's an easy meta thing to fake though.

Main reason I trust him is because other people are scummier.

Sophia and Zipped are confirmed town, if you believe the mods and Zipped. He claimed to have received the message, there was no counter. Nobody else gives you townie feelings?

You pop up as suspicious in reads of 5 players, it's easily possible that you'll be lynched today (you've seen the last minute shenanigans). You really don't want to share a bit more of your opinion?

You strike me as the second highest town. I mean, yeah, your playstyle is weird and the whole vig shot was more damaging than it was helpful, but I can't believe that someone as reckless as you've been from the start would be scum.

I do find it interesting thought that the people pegging me as scum (Seath, Giant Panda mostly) are (I'm assuming) voting for me because I pop in and out. I'm too inactive. But yet...so are they. Seath literally comes here, drops one post or a vote or whatever...and vanishes. Giant Panda does the same thing. Are they just targeting me because I'm inactive and do drive by posts? I don't mean to be defensive, but it just feels like the pot calling the kettle black a little bit and I don't get it.

As for Kyanrute, I'm getting nothing. He does offer good insight, but he does the same thing as GP and Seath. The only difference between them is that it feels as though Kyan actually tries to contribute to the discussion. So...I'm kind of torn on him.

Honestly?

10 post limit killed the flow of the game day 2, and should never be brought back... Ever...

Part of the is our (GAFia) insistence on taking as long as possible for each day phase, but that's an argument that I know I am in the minority on.

As far as scum reads today? Lone_prodigy, dragons, and panda give me the most scummy reads.

Seath would be up there, but with his "evil" god claim? I'm going to test out if we have another god killer PR (rather than risk a tanner, It's been 5 1/2 seasons, I no longer put it in the "impossible file" at least for midseason games). I have absolutely no indication that we do have another PR like that, just a completely 100% guess.

Kyanrute

And why do they need to be handled exactly? Best case scenario we get Persi, Worst case we kill a town player/Kome when we don't have to take that risk. Dream notification thing just popped up this day phase, so wouldn't it be better to handle the Gorlak situation instead, since you don't want to waste time on that popping up til the end of time?

Also in your msg you use Spells/Phrases/Commands. Are these all the same things?

Fake Edit: Looking at my response to you above, what sense does it make to kill the ppl who received a msg? How would that prove anything exactly?

It appears to me that I misunderstood you completely. When you spoke of phrases, you meant the fluff on the dreams or anything that was not the command itself. I interpreted the "phrases" as you wanting to confirm the dreamers via outing some phrases of the kill spell. My apologies, it appears that my comment was completely wrong.

I'm do not think that the dreams work as a justification for a lynch, not at all. I instead wanted to bring up the topic because Seath was on my scum list and he had claimed to have received a dream. I asked myself, would the dream alone be enough of a reason to not go for a Seath lynch, whenever it would come. I was feeling that it would not be the case but I wanted to hear if others had different ideas as I was not certain about it.

And now Seath did the thing he did. Thinking.

Kevyt

I only talked about receiving a dream after a few other players talked about i (mentioning that they had received a dream), because in reality I knew there had to be more than one way of losing godhood.

Gorlak

Banned
I want to policy lynch feng :/

All he posted this day was: 727 - "more soon" Followed by 5 short posts about his dream:
Sophia, in a game centered on finding people's inconsistencies, to me that was a pretty glaring inconsistency (all in on someone, then overly defensive when others follow suit)

It's not hard to get and I don't even know how to further justify it cause it's pretty clear.

As for me, I got the Dream notification although I have no idea what it actually does.
I'm not even sure where to go from here, I'm gonna have to go back some pages and get some reads on people.
I didn't mention anything about killing a god in the message.

The only reference it had to a god was that as we walked through the dream we notice that our feet are thickly covered with spider webs, like some kind of shoe.
(curse this no edit policy, especially when I'm still sleepy and mistype :p)

I meant to type *it didn't mention anything about killing a god in the message
About 3-almost 4 days ago
OH GOD WAIT.

I'm sorry (I hope this doesn't make me sound flim flammy) I mistook the Month - Day as Day - Month (Australian), I was sent it on the 6th.

Goddamnit, sorry for the confusion.

He gets away with nothing far too easily because almost everyone assumes he has to be town... Who agrees?

Kevyt

You defended him before didn't you? May I ask you why? Yes it's his first game, so what? Learning by dying.

No. I was just saying. I'm not defending anyone (not even myself).

I'm fine with lynching just about anyone (myself included) but I would be wary of pontially stumbling into Komena.

Vote: Fengshuifever

*Splinter

"More soon" followed by nothing implies he got busy (or lost interest...)

No way am I lynching for that at this stage of the game

Interesting... we have an apparent green check on Sophia and I still struggle to trust her sometimes, but ok difference of opinion.

At the very least I can guess that this reads list hasn't been run through a scum chat, as I'm sure they would have point out the Zipped/Sophia being confirmed thing.

"Apparent green check", lol why are you continuing trying to throw dirt on a confirmed town? You wanted to hunt scum but instead are spreading FUD about a townie. It would be one thing if a player cleared her. But she was cleared by a god through a edict. What more confirmation could you need?

If someone claims god when they are on the chopping block we assume they are lying and lynch them. Why overcomplicate it?
I was just commenting on us not needing to be afraid of the results of a god lynch.

Seath is full of it and is in full blarg lite mode. He can't even keep his story str8

From his "reveal"
You guys lost your chance sto remove our godhood. Puny mortals.

because in reality I knew there had to be more than one way of losing godhood.

Two of the players are gods. Gods can not be lynched and they can not be targeted at night. There may exist other ways to remove them from the game.

We were ignoring Seath for the most part because of his blarg impression. He claimed recruitment, then did all the vote changing. Still didn't pay him any attn.

Now he claimed a god and we have given him attn he is running with it.
He's attention seeking.

Sophia

Maybe Komena is equally afraid of me.

I'm not so sure about that. You sound like there still exists a way to depower you.

Top scum for me are currently LP and Splinter, will change my vote once I can get back on PC because typing is hard on mobile.

Believe I said this before, but I do not think Feng is automatically town because of the lighting rod. That could easily just be a scum ability and he was lying about it killing him. His power is cleared; not his alignment.

*Splinter

Sophia was cleared by Zipped, not a mod.

I'm ignoring Seath too. We know he's against us but can't do anything about him. As far as I'm concerned he isn't here (sorry Seath).

Gorlak

Banned
"More soon" followed by nothing implies he got busy (or lost interest...)

No way am I lynching for that at this stage of the game

If you'd read from post 727, he actually meant his following posts. All of the quotes came in shortly after up to post 744. That is his "more soon".

Top Bottom