• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Kevyt

Then you guys either believe me or believe Gorlak.

Which one is it?

I will not be happy/satisfied until we lynch Gorlak.

*Splinter

I'm (as always) undecided on Seath. However I feel like even if we lynch him and he turns out to be scum we'll still be no closer to finding his teammates. That's why I'm not particularly interested in the WIFOM nonsense he's throwing at us now.

Gorlak

Banned
Then you guys either believe me or believe Gorlak.

Which one is it?

I will not be happy/satisfied until we lynch Gorlak.

I'm with you on this one:

Vote: Gorlak

Scum suspects? Have a short read list

LP? scum, but not for sure, my best bet right now.
Splinter is scum if LP flips town, he even could be if lp flips scum, bussing genious, who knows.
Ezekel may be a blinded townie, could be scum.
Ironically even with confirmation I find Sophia suspicious, but you should just ignore this.

the rest I've forgotten about, fell of my radar, everyone could be scum. As you could see I spent all my time getting involved with Eze. who's even in this game? Oceanicair, Giant Panda, Kyanrute, Zipped, Feng, ... ? Dragonz, Seath ... I had to look up swamped. Mark her down as scum for that. So:

Seath is all around weird
I love Kyan's shitposting, at the same time that's what he does as scum, no idea about him
Zipped, Feng, Sophia are town.
Null read: Oceanicair, Giant Panda, Dragonz

Kevyt

There's always this recurring theme of self defeat among scum when they're on the chopping block and always say how "scum is controlling the conversation."

I can't find the previous post in a previous game where there are traits that set most scum suspects apart.

I think that most of Gorlak's posting and voting pattern make him a strong suspect, at least from my point of view.

*Splinter

Don't fuck around Gorlak, we don't have time for pointless mislynches.

And town suicides have ALWAYS been a fucking disaster

Kevyt

Don't fuck around Gorlak, we don't have time for pointless mislynches.

And town suicides have ALWAYS been a fucking disaster

Why pointless?

Anyone defending Gorlak is now in my list of suspects.

That includes you!

I'll continue to put pressure on Gorlak and pushing for a Gorlak lynch.

You know why?

Because I can.

This Seath vs. Gorlak thunderdome is stupid and pointless. You know that if you're both town it's pretty much over for us?

We can talk about other things, like why Splinter is convinced I'm scum, and why no one has considered him being scum.

Gorlak

Banned
Before Eze jumps at me again. I already said there are enough reasons why somebody would mark me down as scum, so I don't have hard feelings about you being convinced I'm scum. Blinded may be the wrong word, don't take this personally, but it's just so frustrating to discuss with you. You misunderstand the simplest things like me accusing you and Sophia both of being scum for not mentioning LP. Feng and Kyan? I approach the latter in a very different manner and the former is town. Or not understanding why I see "targets" as something completely different than you do ~ and even bring up a switcher, I never talked about (that's the same level Darryl was on with the LR) ...
Gnah, now I tried again to answer you, this is a waste of time.
So if you're scum, you did a good job and broke me, as I said I will not continue to multiquote all your concerns. I acknowledge that you think I'm scum, you may take my unwillingness to proceed a dialogue with you as another definite sign for my alignment.

unvote

Sophia

It's like you two just self confirmed each other as Gods.

Which given the odd one out regarding Gorlak and his power name...

Kevyt

Oh no you didn't

Well...

I'm assuming your question was genuine.

Okay, I don't have a favorite god.

My scum team mates must have been afk but one did say:

"You f*** piece of [Redacted], you're going to ruin the whole team"

I think we're playing a very intense game and the pressure really gets to us.

Kevyt

Vote: WhereAreMahDragonz

She's still one of my suspects.

I'm not fond of her drive by posts and how much she seems to go with the flow.

Sophia

This game got really weird while I was out, and not in the good kind of way. I also don't like the fact that the weirdness seemingly stalled discussion. Stalled discussion like that only benefits the scum team, not town.

Some quick reads because I've had a long day.

Top town for me are currently Zippedpinhead and EzekelRAGE. One of them is confirmed, the other is basically the only person I can see who actively appears to be scum hunting.

Don't have a strong read on OceanicAir right now. I'll look more at him in the morning.

Still not sure about fengshuifever either. Repeating what I believe I said earlier, but I haven't ruled out the possibility that the Lightning Rod is a scum ability in some way. I'm not putting too much stock in it right now. If feng is scum, we can worry about him later. We need a more reliable lynch today.

Seath/Gorlak: What the hell was that exchange from #839 onward? That goes beyond not merely filling me with confidence and straight into the realm of wondering if you two are invoking WIFOM with the intent of being unsportsmanlike. I don't know what exactly to make of this exchange, but if either of you two flip a non-God townie, I'm not gonna be a happy camper. Of the two of you, Seath is significantly higher up in the scumminess meter just because he's played awkwardly all game.

Lone Prodigy: I don't like how he argued that Gorlak's kill was being redirected to kill Crimson. I don't believe that a scum team would go into #UnnecessaryGambits territory like that. They had very good reason to assume Crimson was the owner of the protect command, so I don't see a reason why they'd NK anyone else. If they have a redirect, I could only see them using it to prevent Gorlak from interfering.

Giant Panda/Kyanrute/WhereAreMahDragonz/Swamped: The four of you feel like you're coasting a little bit. Some more or less than others, but whatever. What do you all think of the little exchange there between Seath and Gorlak? Would you lynch them knowing that one or the other might possibly be a God and the results might be ugly?

Splinter: When asked about that theory, he just blew it off as an exaggeration. That doesn't sit well with me. His votes have been a bit weird too. I'm not sure what to think. Leaning scum slightly...

The reason I kind of pop in and out and I guess that comes across as coasting is because I work a shit ton. I'm on night shift, so when everyone is most active, I'm out. I can't really post or read on shift just because of the nature of my job, and by the time I get home, everything I've wanted to say has already been said. Isn't really productive if I come in here and regurgitate what others have already pointed out.

And now I'm on graveyard shift, meaning I'll be asleep during the day. I'm not trying to coast, really. Sorry if it seems that way.

As for Seath and Gorlak, I don't even know what to think. Both are weird (Gorlak moreso at this point, but that's because I just don't understand why he'd vig shot when he could've RB'd, but whatever). Seath just kind of pops in and out too, which I thought was a scum move at the beginning of the game, but now that I know from personal experience, there are a variety of potential reasons for it. I don't know, honestly. I feel like I really fucked up with Darryl, so I'm hesitant to throw a vote down at this point. I don't get the vibe that either one is a god; just my gut feeling. But I have no factual evidence behind it so

I'll read into it more when I get home.

What Seath and Gorlak did there was super unhelpful for the town. If they were town that was a bad play, because they are knowingly drawing all attention to themselves when they know that will end up with just more dead town. I understand being constantly questioned can be frustrating. But the self vote only makes things worse.

I'm reading Gorlak as slightly town, but I can't get a reading either way on Seath after that. I'd be fine with a Seath, LP, or Dragonz lynch. We really don't have a ton to work on, so I don't feel certain about anyone, but those 3 stick out currently.

Another theory on N3's ninja

What if Persi/scum want to cover up a possible recruitment instead of hiding Gorlak's ability? They didn't bother doing it day 2 because they wanted to see what PR were possibly out there. Limiting our posts mightve been a way to get more info out w/o scum being suspects themselves. Now that they know there is a watcher and possibly something else that can list commands*, they make their move with the recruitment action.

*=Maybe Kome can make an action to reveal all night roles or something? I find it hard to believe that Persi/scum would use the dictate to specifically counter Zipp, since there is a chance that Zipp won't watch scum.
========================

Also have Seath/OA at least confirmed each other's claim about receiving the banish god dream? Something like one mentioned a phrase or something in their dream notification and the other has to finish it. I think OA should go first.

Sophia

On one hand, preventing Zipped from watching people sounds like a good use of said ability. On the other hand, I can't figure out why they wouldn't just try and kill him outright.

The ninja moves really depends on whether or not scum feels that I am ALL that town has, or if they fear if there are others.

Trying to keep us (town) in the dark is one of scum's best tactics. Stopping, slowing and throwing off our conversation only benefits them. So an edict that blocks information gathering is great for them.

Sucks for us though. It's also possible that the edicts are set, so day2 and day 3 would have always had the days we had.

Sophia

The main two reasons I think the edicts aren't set is because they have names + Day 2's combo was (un)intentionally devastating. But that's really not much to suggest one way or another.

Day 2's combo was (un)intentionally devastating. But that's really not much to suggest one way or another.

What makes you say it is unintentional? Maybe Kome felt that we were on the right track to get scum from Day 1 or something? It is odd that she wouldnt use an edict to clear a townie D2 instead of the double vote with no clues.

Fake edit: Late, maybe you meant the combo of the 2 lynch and 10 post thing being devastating. Point still stands, what a weird order for Kome to go in.

Kyanrute

Intentional drive-by because don't have time for more until later. Nice to see Seath coming to his senses about gorlak, but the way he did it feels meh. Being confusing on purpose to gauge reactions, scum attempting to look like a townie gambitting? Don't really like how Ezekel is milking for the god-slaying commands, the phrases (if I've understood correctly) are different and thus it might be rather easy to make them up. I've also noticed that Splinter is staying bit more silent than I expected, what is interesting but could mean this or that.

*Splinter

I was asleep the last 12 hours if that's what you mean.

But I am a bit quieter today, kind of run out of things to say.

I wonder why chair was killed... he was generally trusted, but not as much as feng or Zipped. Feng is a safe bet to be ordinary now, but zipped is an active PR... why chair over zipped?

Gorlak

Banned
goddammit wtf is going on around here?

I am exhausted by the constant focus on me, I wasn't able to look at anything the past days. I have no clue were to look right now, but we HAVE to keep discussings leads. Right now scum got all they wanted. Nobody talks, no hunches, no serious threat to their lifes.

If the consensus is that I am town, we have to talk about other people. Time will soon run out. I want a top scum and top town list from everyone in the game. Now. Please put at least two people in each list as a minimum.

Apart from that how does everyone feel about Splinter? At first I thought his last post contained the unspoken accusation that zipped is scum. With zipped being confirmed, that's nonsense. So I think he wants to direct discussion to what chair may have said before he died. This is the typical wifom would they kill someone because he has the right or the wrong leads? Should we look into it? It feels like it's not helping, I know easy to say, but I thought you'd put more effort into the game and look for sth. awry.

*Splinter

I don't think Zipped is scum, I just don't understand Freak as a target. It's also had no discussion today for some reason, despite the Crimson target being much more obvious

Kyanrute

From baddie to goodie:

1. [m] Lone_Prodigy
16. [-] Seath

4. [m] EzekelRAGE
11. [m] OceanicAir
15. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz
12. [f] Swamped
18. [m] *Splinter
7. [m] GiantPanda

13. [m] gorlak
17. [m] fengshuifever
9. [f] Sophia
10. [m] Zippedpinhead

My list would be something like that. Scummies at the top, the two I feel the strongest about. Middle part is the moderate/no read land, Swamped, Splinter and Giant Panda are not sure for now. Getting scum leaning vibes from OA and Ezekel. Dragonz is a meta read, she does not fit my impression of a newbie. The bottom group are the folks that I imagine we will joining the dead rather soon, that is, they I feel are at least semi-confirmed or semi-believable townies.

Will be around for a hour or so, then I don't think I'll be back sooner than t-minus 12h. With that, I'd like to bring up the god-killing commands. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks; are the commands alone enough to deter us from killing the people who know a part of the spell?

Kevyt

I was asleep the last 12 hours if that's what you mean.

But I am a bit quieter today, kind of run out of things to say.

I wonder why chair was killed... he was generally trusted, but not as much as feng or Zipped. Feng is a safe bet to be ordinary now, but zipped is an active PR... why chair over zipped?

Chair was mostly quite throughout the game. I'm guessing scum would go for inactives to throw town off. It always works.

I don't think Zipped is scum, I just don't understand Freak as a target. It's also had no discussion today for some reason, despite the Crimson target being much more obvious

Yeah, I'm not sure why Freak was chosen. If a scum redirect did occur, then it is much more likely that it was against Freak and not Crimson. The scum would have targeted Crimson themselves to be certain that Crimson died, and then they would have redirected Gorlak to Freak. If Freak was hit with a role block, great. Hitting Freak with a vig shot would be just gravy. But, why not redirect Gorlak to someone who is more solidly considered town? Someone like Zipped or Feng? If a redirect didn't occur, then why did scum deliberately kill off Freak? One theory I have for this currently is that scum felt like they could handle the abilities that have been claimed so far, so they wanted to take a shot at someone who hasn't claimed to possibly take care of some other unknown power role. Freak might have just been chosen semi-randomly in this scenario.

On the other hand Freak might have been close to fingering a scum. He was suspicious of people voting FEP yesterday. Of the remaining players that voted FEP, there's Kyanrute, ezekelrage, LP, and me.

Also, there are only 4 active votes right now. Come on people, take a stand and place a vote! The more we let people slide by without making votes the less info we have to analyse.

Don't really like how Ezekel is milking for the god-slaying commands, the phrases (if I've understood correctly) are different and thus it might be rather easy to make them up.
Uhm I've mentioned them maybe twice this day phase? It's not like I asked them to spill the beans on the whole pm OR for both to say different thing. I specifically said a "phrase". Not the specific spell. The spell itself may be different for each person, but maybe the bulk of the dream is the same? I'm just trying to get more confirmation on Seath's (notice how I asked for OA to say something first) claim to see if he is trolling or not. That wouldve been a safe way to get confirmation, no one dies. Not like having them tell us the commands and killing them like you seemed to suggest?

You ask that after your little back/forth with Seath and voting for yourself? LOL.

I wasn't able to look at anything the past days.
Not true since you were able to look up that I didn't mention LP last day phase, but neway. I know, your not gonna respond, but can't help but address your post.

Quick List -
2 Top Town
Sophia for obvious reasons
Zipped

2 Top Scum
Gorlak - For the defensive nature etc. Goes from super defensive to playing the victim.
Dragons/Panda due to the low activity, chiming in on the way they have while I was grilling Gor. Dragons has explained the lowish activity due to time problems, understandable.

So I am not seeing how the commands are anything but a distraction at this point, especially if all we need to kill are the followers of Pepsi, and not Pepsi themselves.

. With that, I'd like to bring up the god-killing commands. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks; are the commands alone enough to deter us from killing the people who know a part of the spell?

Kyanrute

Uhm I've mentioned them maybe twice this day phase? It's not like I asked them to spill the beans on the whole pm OR for both to say different thing. I specifically said a "phrase". Not the specific spell. The spell itself may be different for each person, but maybe the bulk of the dream is the same? I'm just trying to get more confirmation on Seath's (notice how I asked for OA to say something first) claim to see if he is trolling or not. That wouldve been a safe way to get confirmation, no one dies. Not like having them tell us the commands and killing them like you seemed to suggest?.

Combine the quotes. I think the spells are a waste of time and nothing but a distraction. The gorlak business has been going for three days now, on and on. I want the commands handled as soon as possible instead of them popping up til the end of time.

The dream, the fluff that is, could be used to confirm things, though it stinks of disgusting metagaming. I don't feel the same about the phrases, maybe the dreamers could comment if they could be made up easily.

On the other hand Freak might have been close to fingering a scum. He was suspicious of people voting FEP yesterday. Of the remaining players that voted FEP, there's Kyanrute, ezekelrage, LP, and me.

On the flip side, it couldve been a way to make ppl look at the FEP voters and not the other vote leader, Darryl.

Also forgot about LP, I really like his post 807. Wouldve been good if he had meaty posts like this ystrday.

LP - Why did you burn 3 posts ystrday in like 30min?

Other than that giant post, he fits in the same boat as Dragons with the commenting on the Gorlak situation. Steady saying CF was the Vig shot kill thru the targets command and Freak was teh mafia kill. I think he has more posts today concerning Gorlak and the CF situation instead of defending himself.

Combine the quotes. I think the spells are a waste of time and nothing but a distraction. The gorlak business has been going for three days now, on and on. I want the commands handled as soon as possible instead of them popping up til the end of time.

The dream, the fluff that is, could be used to confirm things, though it stinks of disgusting metagaming. I don't feel the same about the phrases, maybe the dreamers could comment if they could be made up easily.

And why do they need to be handled exactly? Best case scenario we get Persi, Worst case we kill a town player/Kome when we don't have to take that risk. Dream notification thing just popped up this day phase, so wouldn't it be better to handle the Gorlak situation instead, since you don't want to waste time on that popping up til the end of time?

Also in your msg you use Spells/Phrases/Commands. Are these all the same things?

Fake Edit: Looking at my response to you above, what sense does it make to kill the ppl who received a msg? How would that prove anything exactly?

Sophia

Zipped and Ezekel, what do you two think of a Lone Prodigy lynch? He's up there on my list I think might be scum, but I'm not 100% connived.

I've already addressed my inactivity yesterday. I was online a brief moment and posted a bunch since I had posts to spare.

I've addressed the kills last night. I admit it was kind of fun to think like scum so maybe I got carried away. No point discussing it further. Freak was a low activity poster possibly hiding a PR.

I haven't been the only one talking about Gorlak but he started the day gunning for me and since Splinter says I've been ignoring votes against me I might as well address them.

Anything else? Seems like a wagon is easily forming against me. Pretty easy to put me in top scum when others are doing the same.

I'll have a reads list later.

Zipped and Ezekel, what do you two think of a Lone Prodigy lynch? He's up there on my list I think might be scum, but I'm not 100% connived.
I could be down with it, but I feel the same as you. Not fully convinced he is scum, but part of the reason ppl were focusing on him is due to his low activity.

I don't like how sure Splinter is that LP is scum based on no one addressing him ystrday. It is kind of a weak case, especially since posts were limited ystrday and there were bigger concerns other than LP. He hasn't really made a case against LP other than the no one addressing LP compared to FEP/Gorlak, which he has picked up today.

I will be referring to these quotes below
There were a couple of reasons I didn't mind the "risk" of scum Darryl surviving:
-Gorlak was staunchly anti-Darryl. I assumed he would use his claimed vig shot if we didn't lynch him.
Gorlak what convinced you to target LP? To be honest I thought you would kill me last night

I had a theory that Freak was killed to look more closely at the FEP voters:
Lol, LP pls.
Assuming LP is scum, there would be scum votes on FEP/Darryl. Most of my top town were on Darryl, so first I'm interested in the FEP voters.

I don't like Splinter's response to LP saying he may be scum.

Gorlak just seems to have locked onto Splinters coattails when it has come to LP. It could be scum latching on to a weak argument from a townie or townie being led around by scum. Splinter already admitted to trying to manipulate Gorlak's vig shot(Splinter's post about Darryl). Gorlak's only reason for saying he targeted LP last night was due to Splinter, which as I said above was a weak case to kill someone over.

Let's say Gorlak really is town and did target LP instead of CF with his vig shot and it was redirected. That doesn't explain why that would make LP any more scummy. He says LP was his "obvious" target yesterday. So I guess his reasoning is scum knew Gorlak would target scum LP, so they save him? But as you can see from splinter's 2nd quote, LP wasn't so obvious.

Swamped

Banned
I have a lot to say, but will only have time to type everything up at lunch...

For now though:

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

In general 'inactivity' doesn't bother me. BUT earlier this day phase I pointed out that LP seemed convinced that a scum redirect would have been towards Crimson. This seemed like he knew more than he was letting on, like he made some assumptions that I don't think a townie would have. For example, is there even a scum redirect power? Why not assume that it was redirected to Freak? He has since given reasoning for it, but I'm not super convinced.

I found something interesting about OA. Tune in next time~

Sophia

Hmm.. Splinter huh? Well, he has definitely been edging me the wrong way here and there... Plus his votes have been all over the place.

From Day 1:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199602736#post199602736 - Picking off an easy target in Lone Prodigy early on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199603036#post199603036 - Voting for Darryl for role fishing, which has a bit of context on Darryl's side now that we know what his role is.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199737496#post199737496 - This... prod vote on Gorlak, not sure what to make of it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199793096#post199793096 - Vote on FEP, whom we know is town now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199797514#post199797514 - Jumped on the StarSketch bandwagon.

From Day 2:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199974356#post199974356 - Voted for Feng and then immediately voted for FEP in the same post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=200242442#post200242442 - "OMG WHY WON'T PEOPLE LOOK AT LP?!?!" vote.

Ironically, I haven't looked too much at the FEP votes. Counting myself before the unvote ragequit, there was at least three townies on that vote, and FEP caught himself in his own lie.

And yeah, those quotes bother me too... lets see what Zipped has to say. Personally, from the way Gorlak responded to my ragequit yesterday, I figured he would have targeted me too. I don't think LP was too obvious of a target.

Top Bottom