• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Didn't the "we confirm each other via flavor text" thingy stop being interesting in 2004 or something? But please, go ahead, I don't think this game is flavor-breakable.

Sophia

Didn't the "we confirm each other via flavor text" thingy stop being interested in 2004 or something? But please, go ahead, I don't think this game is flavor-breakable.

I'm going to ignore it, it was Ezekel's suggestion. You might allow it, but it feels unsportsmanship like and I don't want to use it.

Splinter gave a ton of information based upon his play yesterday. Personally I think my primary point against him being town would simply be that OA was town, but as Giant Panda noted a lot of people questioned if OA was town or scum.

Kyanrute

None of the three have been particularly active during the game. None of the three hit anywhere near the voting limit of Day 2. Kyan also basically just admitted at the end of Day 4 that he was hammering the vote on OceanicAir, and had no interest in actual discussion. Barely provided any discussion before that either as I pointed out.

Ah I see you have been to the deepest parts of the metagaming hell, where only the bravest wander. Post counts, really?

So yawn. And still, you put words in my mouth, things that I never said. Where do you conjure up these things from, I wonder. Whispers from the depths of the metagaming hell perhaps?

Swamped

Banned
10 players, max 4 scum, we are in mylo. P must be a part of the scum team, not a neutral.

1. [m] Lone_Prodigy - confirmed K
4. [m] EzekelRAGE
7. [m] Giant Panda - captain
9. [f] Sophia - town
12. [f] Swamped - vanilla
14. [m] Kyanrute - claimed vanilla
15. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - claimed vanilla
16. [-] Seath - initially claimed P, took back claim
17- [m] Blargonaut (replaced fengshuifever) - town
18. [m] *Splinter - investigator

Can someone explain why GP is scum? His claim seemed to make sense to me yesterday.

When LP claimed K way back when, he mentioned that K was aligned with town. If he were actually P, what would be the benefit of saying this? Thinking about it some more, LP is probably K. And now it is confirmed.

This is the scum team: Zeke, Kyan, Dragonz and Seath.

We are no longer hostage to our votes like yesterday, FREEDOM

Both Seath and Kyan are my top picks to vote for, but I'd be fine with any of the four above. I don't believe Seath is scum god for reasons I previously stated. I don't know if Kyan is or not. But yesterday when Kyan voted for OA to kill him, he essentially saved Seath. Additionally, when I sent Kyan the secret message yesterday I asked him "Are you scum?" I was at least expecting him to answer "no" but he completely ignored that part of the message altogether. Kyan is def scum, but is the scum god? Even if he is and we end up voting him out that's ok, since this is mylo.

Yesterday Seath let Sophia and Blarg, two townies, risk their lives when they used the spell. You should know that the spell can only be used via PM. It's very clear. Additionally, you can't mix the two spells up. The PM was very clear that if used wrongly, the player themselves will die. Who benefits most from extra townie deaths? Scum.

I will share my word here.

Spell 1 Word 2: Ferirana

The reason I chose to learn a word from Spell 1 was because OA did, and he is confirmed town.

If we hit scum today, we will still be in mylo the next day. Killing P will help us a lot. That's why I'm sharing the word I got. And I agree that a confirmed townie should use the spell.

I am not a follower of P, if you lynch me today we will lose. And that will be very anti-climatic, since we haven't gotten a single scum yet. I have tried my utmost to be transparent about every vote I have put down. People have been calling me a coaster since D1 and I have tolerated it, but really, I'm just unable to post as much as everyone else. The days of my Danganronpa-level activity are gone. Deal with it.

If there are any specific questions about my votes or other things let me know.

Kyanrute

Additionally, when I sent Kyan the secret message yesterday I asked him "Are you scum?" I was at least expecting him to answer "no" but he completely ignored that part of the message altogether. Kyan is def scum, but is the scum god? Even if he is and we end up voting him out that's ok, since this is mylo.

am sorry will try better next time.

ahem. is next time:

n

fuck. am sorry will try better next time.

*Splinter

Ok I've been thinking about our voting predicament. Fortunately it's MYLO so scum can't just force a tie and end the game.

Unfortunately we can't lynch anyone but Swamped: if we vote someone else then scum vote Blarg and win

Here's how we're going to get around that.

Sophia and LP are confirmed town, we don't make any votes without them both agreeing to it.

We discuss as normal and try to come to a decision well in advance of the deadline. We then force Swamped/Kyanrute/Dragonz to vote on the agreed person (whether they personally agree or not), followed by me/Zeke/GP. Finally Sophia and LP can hammer if necessary.

We can't let this day run to the end unless we are lynching Swamped anyway.

*Splinter

I think I know what you're going for here, but for clarity's sake I need to ask

Why can't we?
Just by the numbers.

Blarg at 3, Swamped at 2.

5 town votes on Swamped, 4 scum votes on Blarg, that would be a tie.

Everyone else has less than 2 votes so Blarg would be lynched, losing us the game.

My plan above gets around this by forcing scum to vote their teammates, allowing us to turbo.

Also forgot to include Blarg in the confirmed townie camp.

Sophia

Just by the numbers.

Blarg at 3, Swamped at 2.

5 town votes on Swamped, 4 scum votes on Blarg, that would be a tie.

Everyone else has less than 2 votes so Blarg would be lynched, losing us the game.

My plan above gets around this by forcing scum to vote their teammates, allowing us to turbo.

Also forgot to include Blarg in the confirmed townie camp.

I know this opens up to all sorts of vote shenanigans, but technically the timer can run out and the highest would still die right?

2.**********Thoughts on end of last day phase.**********

Zipped - He shouldve really let the vote play out instead of saying that it was a bus attempt on splinter(I think bus is wrong word for what he wanted?). What wouldve been his thoughts if he didn't say that, but all the votes still went the way they did? After OA and Seath, no one else looked at Splint. Wish Zipped wouldve given checking Seath a shot N3.

Oceanic started the whole spell thing for no reason. T_T

Voting - Yesterday was set up as Splinter vs OA. But with Seath's gambit reveal, it actually did become Splinter vs OA vs Seath. I very cleary outlined the benefits of a Seath vote. Main thing being, it allows us more information on the OAvSplint thing and we had room for a no lynch. Let's us know if we are looking for 3 reg scum or 1 god and 2 scum.

Also, there was an option to cause a no lynch ystrday, since it seems like no one was sure about OA, it may have been the better path.

Splinter
Say w/e you want about me and going after Gorlak, but at least I laid my case out there against him. Looking back over ystrday, I don't think Splint ever really made a case against OA. He threw the scum accusation out there like it was guaranteed 100% he was scum. But I don't remember Splint making a compelling case. He sorta let OA hang himself with his responses. He also used this line a few times, "I have 200+ posts building to my role claim." Wasn't he only able to point out to like 7 posts, for his claim?

*Wanted it to be Splint vs OA yesterday. He didn't want to consider any other options. I mentioned how it was SplvsOAvsSeath and he just wanted him and OA on the table for that day.

* Was against the Seath vote even though it made the most sense. He would rather play wack a mole to find Peri than to confirm Seath's claim.

* He kept mentioning at several points in the day phase how scum should kill confirmed townies. He also mentioned how if OA is scum, he will be killed. If he is town, zipped or soph will be killed. Splint makes a post near deadline about giving Sophia and Zipped time to make a final post. Why didn't he mention giving himself time as well? It's like he knew Zipped/Sophia would be targeted.

* He already plans the next two day phases of the game with the thunderdome statment:
There is so little to separate these three reads though. I want to see lots of in-fighting in this group tomorrow please. For the one of you thats town you'd be helping us win. For the two of you that are scum its your best way to look townie, which is kind of your job, k? This is your very own thunderdome. Three will enter, one will leave.
Good luck

* He was very happy that him and seath were no longer an option of being voted off ystrday.

I have a couple reasons why i think the way I do about GP, but I think I may w8 to bring the main thing up. But I do have questions for GP.
GP - Why did you vote OA?
GP - Why did you have Zipped watch Swamped over Seath N3? If Zipped watched Seath N3, the Seath situation wouldn't be an issue now. Having him watch Swamped helped no one but yourself to claim. It's also odd since you still wouldve been able to use it as your claim but saying you told Zipped to target Seath.

KR - What was that at the end of the day? That was a weird back and and forth with Sophia over..................nothing? The weirdness of it comes off like the reactions OA gave, which I already stated I don't care for.

Top scum for me: Seath/Gp/Splinter/Kyan
=======================================

Right now if we are in MyLo.

I think we should take the slow approach here and be careful. At this point, we have guaranteed scum in Seath. The only question is whether or not he is a god.

I say we give that a test today.

If he is God - 2mrw will be 9 votes, 4 being scum.
Not God - 2mrw will be 8 votes, 3 being scum.

Sophia

* He kept mentioning at several points in the day phase how scum should kill confirmed townies. He also mentioned how if OA is scum, he will be killed. If he is town, zipped or soph will be killed. Splint makes a post near deadline about giving Sophia and Zipped time to make a final post. Why didn't he mention giving himself time as well? It's like he knew Zipped/Sophia would be targeted.

Interesting you mentioned this. Because I made this commentary last day.

Most likely they'll target someone trying to actively drive the conversation in a way they don't like, confirmed or not.

And sure enough, I'm here now..... after I've been leaning against a Splinter vote.

Sophia

Also, we made a crucial mistake by not testing it, and not lynching Seath in Day 3. At best we're in mylo today, so a no-lynch if he's a God...

Sophia

I would be 100% behind a GP lynch. I have no doubt that he is scum.

I mean, there's a lot of questionable stuff with Giant Panda right now. His voting pattern is against him, with only Dragonz as an unconfirmed. He seemed to only claim in reaction to the moderator mistake, and the part about obeying or refusing is particularly interesting because Zipped never got to test it. More then that, we also conveniently had a night phase where Zipped couldn't figure out the end results thanks to a dictate.

The real kicker, however, was this.

vote: OceanicAir

I have my doubts but this situation needs to be resolved.

He was pushing for the Splinter vs OceanicAir thunderdrome yesterday, in favor of our now town-confirmed OceanicAir.

Okay, since we're getting close to the endgame here and you've all seen what feng/I am capable of, really no point in withholding now:

qIYzGY1.gif

My role name is Illusionist, Town-aligned/Follower of Komena.

To paraphrase the role flavour text, I am acutely aware of the millions of realities and how they intersect, but am deeply conflicted with the state of existence because I myself am only human and only ever exist in one. I ponder on how one can think they are speaking to someone else, when in another reality it's me they are speaking to, I ponder on how one can think they are touching someone else, when in another reality it is me they're touching, I ponder on how one can think they are killing someone else, when in another reality they are killing me; hence, in my terrible insight of how all the potential paths of existence still lead to a single fate, I am a Lightning Rod, 1-shot.

What feng seemingly (I'll be honest, I haven't read through all of my past self's posts) withheld from telling/hinting to you after his decision to activate our power, however, is that during the vortex that redirected all of your actions towards us/me, he also received a message that Night (someone's power is messaging? Maybe an x-shot? And it was redirected to feng/me). It isn't clear who it was originally meant for, and it simply states, "Dial 2 for Peripseros."

So, when I read this, I hadn't really fully read through the thread at that point yet (*cough*andIstillhaven't*cough*), so I didn't really know what the '2' meant. Then, y'all start talking in my presence about anti-gods Spells '1' and '2' Yesterday (which I did read), and this news to me plus the Witter thing I had noticed in my read-through up 'til that point starts to make, er, sense to me, hence but not hence my blindfire gambit. Anyway, I now assume this snippet of text meant a confirmation that Spell 2 is the one that kills Peripseros. Trustworthy and actionable? From me? totes.

And apparently, I lack the power to execute that information myself, as evidenced by my sordid display Yesterday (and admittedly, I mixed the word streams, so there's that).

so then

As you all know; my predecessor, fengshuifever, received a dream from an unknown source, and this PM was also forwarded to me. Now, I will elaborate/paraphrase the entirety of it as best I can; in it, he dreamed of walking a strange wasteland where the night sky was cloudy yet as bright as the moon. However, glancing downwards he noticed that his feet were coated in spider webs, like a pair of gross shoes. Other than this oddity, he walked for hours across the barren landscape without any further incident; eventually, he tired and collapsed, whereupon he woke from his slumber.

Well, last Night, it was I who dreamt once more.

In this second dream, I awoke face-down in the same wasteland where the moon was shrouded, exactly where I had collapsed. As I tried to get up, I couldn't; I then realized that as I lay on the earth, I was now covered head-to-toe in the spider webs that had been on my feet. I struggled in place, but stopped as I heard a muffled sound of running footsteps. It approached fast and there was nothing I could do, and as I lay still with quickened breathing, I felt the other suddenly standing over me. I sensed it bend down, and then in my ear it whispered, "Enss first, always first." As soon as I heard this, I woke up.

Glean from that what you will, and who knows where or whom the hell this all comes from or what the first dream even did (although I do think it was purposefully sent to me as a follow-up last Night specifically because I was going at Peripseros claimant Seath at the end of D4, and also maybe because whoever sent it to me last Night probably thought I knew something concrete about the Spell usage (which I do now) after witnessing my gambit against Peripseros, and think they're helping me by correcting me by supplying me with a Power Word: Kill?), but I think it's pretty obvious what that means; that statement directly counters what Seath said Yesterday regarding 'Geosyog' being the first word to Spell 2... which only reinforces my own belief that we should test his claim to godhood Today, way before it's really too late. Yes, I know he backed down from the claim, but I still, still totally believe he's scum cleverly hiding in plain sight, knowing that no one would dare test his claim, and especially after the lynch failure with Lone_Prodigy, so it didn't matter what he did with his claim after that.

So basically, thanks to Swamped and OceanicAir, Spell 1 has words 2 and 3 apparently ready to fire now, and just needs the first to go.

After last Night, Spell 2's word 1 (which Seath supplied) is in contention by me, as I contend the first is 'Enss' as apparently dreamt by me because I was Inception'd last Night, not 'Geosyog' as he says it is.

Anyway, I doubt I'll get traction for eliminating Seath now for any reasons seeing as I utterly failed to Yesterday (EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THE MOST LOGICAL AND SMARTEST THING FOR US TO DO THEN), so I won't be pushing Seath any more, I guess

gg scum

gg Seath

Peripseros MVP

cjgLfjW.gif

Sophia

How did I do such a thing

Sorry, my bad, I read it over again and realized I misread it the first time.

Hmm... Ezekel what's your thought on this?

I'm confused about this voting thing

Basically, some people have random votes automatically and randomly against them this phase, making them easier lynch targets and making it harder/impossible for people who don't have votes against them to get majority.

Sophia

Vote: Seath

I think I'm sold on Splinter, Giant Panda, Kyanrute, and Seath. We just need to figure out who the God is. Ignore my earlier post, I've done a 180 on Splinter and Swamped in light of all this new evidence.

So if we're going to do Seath, we'll need to hammer him a good amount of time before the deadline.

I have a couple reasons why i think the way I do about GP, but I think I may w8 to bring the main thing up. But I do have questions for GP.
GP - Why did you vote OA?
GP - Why did you have Zipped watch Swamped over Seath N3? If Zipped watched Seath N3, the Seath situation wouldn't be an issue now. Having him watch Swamped helped no one but yourself to claim. It's also odd since you still wouldve been able to use it as your claim but saying you told Zipped to target Seath.

I voted for OA because everything about him was scummy other than the way he was drawing attention to himself. Why did you vote for him?

Seath was an obvious choice, it wouldn't be very credible if I guessed the most obvious choice. I do wish Zipped had actually gone after Seath, but I didn't realize that he thought he had to obey or whatever. I still think Swamped wouldn't be terrible to check out either, but unfortunately Splinter was hit instead. Well I guess that's good news for you people who think Splinter is scum now. You know he isn't the god (unless he was redirected a-la gorlak's theory).

Zeke are you going to claim or not?

Sophia

Honestly, I feel like I bought into Day 4's insanity a bit too much and missed some obvious stuff.

This exchange, for example.

Seems logical, doesn't it?

I was very active yesterday, so if they killed me, town would have a lot of reads to go on.

Likewise, they clearly used the dictate yesterday to limit Zipped's ability, so they're obviously not going to kill him off.
No, leaving too many confirmed townies alive is probably their only chance of losing at this point. Gorlak was still lynchable, and at the very least would keep Zeke occupied (if Zeke is town)

The exact outcome I was worried about then happened. Zipped was spared a day to make use of the dictate, and Splinter immediately dismissed it to push his "they should have killed townies!" angle. And now we cannot confirm or de-confirm Giant Panda's ability because he's dead.

The exact outcome I was worried about then happened. Zipped was spared a day to make use of the dictate, and Splinter immediately dismissed it to push his "they should have killed townies!" angle. And now we cannot confirm or de-confirm Giant Panda's ability because he's dead.

Confirm or de-confirm which part of my ability?

So if we're going to do Seath, we'll need to hammer him a good amount of time before the deadline.

I voted for OA because everything about him was scummy other than the way he was drawing attention to himself. Why did you vote for him?

Seath was an obvious choice, it wouldn't be very credible if I guessed the most obvious choice. I do wish Zipped had actually gone after Seath, but I didn't realize that he thought he had to obey or whatever. I still think Swamped wouldn't be terrible to check out either, but unfortunately Splinter was hit instead. Well I guess that's good news for you people who think Splinter is scum now. You know he isn't the god (unless he was redirected a-la gorlak's theory).

Zeke are you going to claim or not?
You still coudlve confirmed it, all you had to do was say "Im the captain, I sent zipped a msg saying check Seath. Zip can confirm this". An ordinary villager. What do you think I am though? Or thought I was?

Confirm or de-confirm which part of my ability?

What are your thoughts on splinter and the seath vote today?

That there's no penalty for refusing it.

Doesn't it seem over-powered if I'm scum and I can completely boss around one of the town's main investigative roles on threat of penalty? I mean under your current hypothetical scum team, there are no true free town investigative roles. If Splinter is scum, and I'm scum, then the town was screwed from the beginning.

Doesn't it seem over-powered if I'm scum and I can completely boss around one of the town's main investigative roles on threat of penalty? I mean under your current hypothetical scum team, there are no true free town investigative roles. If Splinter is scum, and I'm scum, then the town was screwed from the beginning.

So what you're saying is, is that we need you

You still coudlve confirmed it, all you had to do was say "Im the captain, I sent zipped a msg saying check Seath. Zip can confirm this".

You guys barely trust anything I say now even after I took precautions to try to make my claim as supported as possible. I think I made the right call.

What are your thoughts on splinter and the seath vote today?

I think a Splinter vote would be a mistake. Seath is not my first choice, but he is acceptable. I'm not sure how much stock I put in this dream thing clearing Swamped. I still think she is my top choice.

You guys barely trust anything I say now even after I took precautions to try to make my claim as supported as possible. I think I made the right call.

Who is denying you have the powers you say you have? The only thing this phase someone said anything is doubting the refuse part of your claim.

Top Bottom