• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread of Francoeur getting a SB this year.
34hi9w7.jpg

Thread of Braves get Kenny Powers a ring for his other middle finger.
2a8hu82.jpg

Thread of Jordan Schafer is coming for your sister.
zxqtzk.jpg

MLB 09: The Show Simulates the 2009 Season

Kuroyume

Banned
AL East

Red Sox
Rays (WC)
Yankees
Blue Jays
Orioles

AL Central

Twins
Whitesox
Indians
Tigers
Royals

AL West

Angels
Rangers
A's
Mariners

NL East

Mets
Phillies (WC)
Marlins
Braves
Nationals

NL Central

Cubs
Cardinals
Brewers
Reds
Astros
Pirates

NL West

Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Giants
Rockies
Padres

eznark

Banned
AL East
Yankees
Devil Rays (WC)
Red Sox
Orioles
Blue Jays

AL Central
Indians
Tigers
White Sox
Twins
Royals

AL West
Angels
A's
Rangers
Mariners

NL East
Mets
Phillies (WC)
Braves
Nationals
Marlins

NL Central

Brewers
Cardinals
Reds
Cubs
Pirates

NL West
DBacks
Giants
Dodgers
Rockies
Padres

Cy Young: Sabathia, Gallardo
MVP: Sizemore, Wright

AL East

Red Sox
Blue Jays
Rays
Orioles

AL Central

Indians
Twins
Whitesox
Royals
Tigers

AL West

Angels
Athletics
Rangers
Mariners

NL East

Braves
Mets
Marlins
Phillies
Nationals

NL Central

Cubs
Cardinals
Pirates
Reds
Astros
Brewers

NL West

Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Giants
Rockies
Padres

AL Cy Young - Tim Wakefield
AL MVP - Jason Varitek
NL Cy Young - Brandon Webb
AL MVP - MANNY

firex

Citifield actually looks pretty nice. I just don't like the name attached to it. At least it leads to easy "Mets need a bailout" jokes whenever they have a losing streak, though.

edit: anyway
AL East
Rays
Yankees (WC)
Blue Jays
Red Sox
Orioles

AL Central
Twins
Indians
White Sox
Tigers
Royals

AL West
Angels
Rangers
Ms
As

NL East
Phillies
Mets (WC)
Braves
Marlins
Nationals

NL Central
Reds
Brewers
Cardinals
Scrubs
Pirates

NL West
Doyers
Giants
Dbacks
Rockies
Padres

NL Cy - Harang
NL MVP - Votto
AL Cy - someone undeserving over CC
AL MVP - Texeira

painey

funkmastergeneral said:
I think Billy Bean has taken some kind of retard pill

I love Billy, but I accepted a piss-poor season last year on the basis he was building to something for 2009. I honestly cant believe we picked up 2 has-beens and got rid of our greatest pitching talent.

eznark

Banned
I like your picks firex, I think Votto has a legit chance at MVP.

I read last week about a Bobby Valentine documentary on ESPN2. Anyone know where I can see it, is it available for purchase or anything?

eznark said:
I like your picks firex, I think Votto has a legit chance at MVP.

I read last week about a Bobby Valentine documentary on ESPN2. Anyone know where I can see it, is it available for purchase or anything?

It's pretty gnarly. The superfan is a fantastic character.

pollo

Banned
firex said:
Citifield actually looks pretty nice. I just don't like the name attached to it.

this.

I love it. I think aesthetically it's much better than NYS. Makes me miss that shitole Shea.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
ViperVisor said:
Thread of Francoeur getting a SB this year.
34hi9w7.jpg
*right click, save*

Not many people are going to run on us this year with Francoeur in Right and Schafer in Center. Oh and McCann will have 2 SBs, once again beating out Francoeur .

Doytch

I wish toronto had a new stadium. I'm sick of our giant concrete slab.

Anyway, baseball! Shitty thing is I'm gonna have to get mlb.tv since I'm interning in Raleigh during the summer.

Doytch said:

Anyway, baseball! Shitty thing is I'm gonna have to get mlb.tv since I'm interning in Raleigh during the summer.

I think they just need to do a retrofit of the entire stadium. Windows Restaurant is an eye-sore IMO.

Doytch

DoctorWho said:
I think they just need to do a retrofit of the entire stadium. Windows Restaurant is an eye-sore IMO.

I kind of like the restaurant... tbh, most of my problems with the skydome stem from how it looks when it's closed. when it's open, it looks a lot better. the one thing is that it's too tall. i like the parks that open up towards the top.

Doytch said:

I like the Sky Dome

The half-roof is great because you can sit in the shade.

eznark

Banned
Guybrush Threepwood said:
I like the Sky Dome

The half-roof is great because you can sit in the shade.

I Was up there for the WBC, I was surprised at how poorly it aged. I went the year it opened (I was a little kid) and thought it was the greatest thing ever.

painey

dipping dots are incredible. me and my friend got some at our last visit to yankee stadium, inside an upturned yankee helmet and it was the most odd, tasty sensation ever.

Gary Sheffield arrived in NY and is taking a physical. Apparently after the Mets-Red Sox game there will be a press conference to welcome him (~4:30).

... wow, Ollie.

It's bad enough Perez is only throwing 85-88 on his fastball (thanks, WBC). It's bad enough he doesn't have good control in the game... but now to get an ump w/ a small strike zone? Yikes.

EDIT: Ollie rushed the play. That should've been a DP. Tough error on Castillo.

UP
THE
FRICKIN'
MIDDLE
THROWING
AN
MPH
FASTBALL

6-0.

Get off my TV and don't pull this shit Wednesday. God, the WBC completely screwed up Perez.

Y2Kev said:
Yeah, the WBC screwed up perez and not perez being shitty
Oh so Perez regularly threw 85 MPH fastballs? And nothing wrong with 6 innings of work in 19 Spring Training days, right? Yeah, know the facts before you talk.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Why is it that videos from MLB.com never want to play for me in either IE or Firefox? This includes the beta player. Anybody have any suggestions?

The Frankman said:
Oh so Perez regularly threw 85 MPH fastballs? And nothing wrong with 6 innings of work in 19 Spring Training days, right? Yeah, know the facts before you talk.

the fact is, Perez is a head case. that's a fact.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow, this is a hitter's park

The Frankman said:

PEREZ SUCKS CAUSE HE WATCHES TOO MUCH ANIME

Link

The Autumn Wind
Wow, so the stickies stay in place now regardless of which was posted in last? That's kinda nice, actually.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Link said:
Why is it that videos from MLB.com never want to play for me in either IE or Firefox? This includes the beta player. Anybody have any suggestions?
You have the current Adobe Flash? 10 I think.

pollo

Banned
yea it's a weird change Link.

BTW wtf Harden you better not be hurt jerk.

Definately a hitter's park Kev

xbhaskarx

painey said:
I love Billy, but I accepted a piss-poor season last year on the basis he was building to something for 2009. I honestly cant believe we picked up 2 has-beens and got rid of our greatest pitching talent.

The greatest pitching talents on the A's are Trevor Cahill and Brett Anderson.
Huston Street isn't even the greatest pitching talent that Beane traded away, that would be Rich Harden (when healthy).

firex said:
AL West
Angels
Rangers
Ms
As

:lol

Whoa, the new Stadium's something of a launching pad...but it has the same dimensions as the old one, and it faces in the same direction. What's the difference? Is it the wind helping things out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom