• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Those of you with a dual moniter setup and MLB.TV. Found a way to make it be full screen on one screen while you click around on the other screen. (Windows only though, and based on the comments in the video, looks like it might not work with IE)

Got the instructions from this video.

Basically its this.

Download a hex editor, like this one

1.) Use it to open NPSWF32.dll

Usually at C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\npswf32.dll

Oprea users C:\programfiles\oprea\program\plugins\npswf32.dll

2.) Goto Address

For Flash Version 10.0.1.28- use 136340 (most likely have this version if you are using MLB.TV)

For Flash Version 9.0.124.0 - use C1487

Using the Editor I linked, go to Address-Goto, and type the number into the Hexadecimal field. Hit ok.

3.) Change byte at this address from 74 to EB (If its not 74 then you either have the wrong address or wrong flash version.)

4.) Close browser and Save file. Can't save the file with flash open, like that youtube video.

5.) Enjoy.

edit: and follow the instructions exactly (not too hard) so you don't fuck up anything. And you can always back up the original file.

edit: MLB support said they didn't add this feature because of performance issues on lower end computers.
cashman said:
no the rangers guys said "Elvis has left... no doubt." He made a bet that he wouldn't say Elvis has left the building all year.
I bet he doesn't even make it to the end of June.

Windu

:lol :lol :lol :lol A's Tie it.
DevelopmentArrested said:
Sooo.. is MLB TV premium worth the 120$+?
I'd say it is for the $110 price tag (not 120). But it is kinda buggy right now (on their end at least), but based on their track record, it should get better.

edit: and now they lead. :lol

edit: and you can buy it monthly too (might be more expensive that way though).

Alright Crew! Good first win. Yo had a solid pitching effort and also a 3-run jack. Villanueva looked good as a temp closer. Granted, it was against the G-Boys, but it's a good start.

Windu

Wtf does a monkey have to do with an angel anyway? Its so stupid it could only come from California.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Welp, down 4-0 in the 8th (or any time, really) last year would be game over for my boys...but the new lineup came through. I'm so happy right now, please don't crash and burn A's...

C'mon guys... anyone here have MLB: 09 the show? A free spot is open in the GAF league.

Settings are as follows:

45 games over 10 weeks
3 game series done in 5 day increments
1 series against division opponents
1 series outside of division
All Star Difficulty
Pitching Interface Meter
Guess Pitch off
Strike zones on
Hot Zones on
Fast Play On
Baserunning controls New
Draft Off
Playoff teams 8 (will have to bump down to 4 if we only have 14 total players!)

Please play your games at night. This will give the best chance of having less lag when during the game!

I don't know how the playoff situation exactly works. My guess is it takes the 8 best records, but it could be split up 4 and 4. Your best bet would be to make sure you are in the top 4 in your division for record and the top 8 overall to make sure you get in. Otherwise all bets are off!

Everyone already knows we will try to play this like a sim league. It doesn't have to be perfectly accurate, but please don't throw junk balls outside the strike zone to your opponent all game long. Having said this, there aren't going to be any regulations against pitching in this game. If you are a patient enough hitter you can force your opponent to throw some strikes over the plate to smash. Don't go swinging right away at all the pitches being thrown! If you are swinging at sliders outside the strike zone you only have yourself to blame! And it will happen to all of us this season.

You must use at least four of your starters in a regular rotation. Since the league can't track them we will be using the honor system on it. If you forget what starter you used just count back the days from the first game and go from there! Playoffs will be bumped down to 3 starters.

Remember a TROPHY is on the line for the victor of this league, so play to win, play smart, play hard, and good luck to everyone! Lets get this party started!
One spot open, you have to take the Angels.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I wrote up this whole big post about how I was having flashbacks to last year and Bush was president again and it was all such a nightmare... but then realized that gaf was down. And then I had to go outside for a while for the sake of my sanity.

So now I'll just say, fuck Boyer and that umpire.

xbhaskarx

First Joba, now Pedoria... why is every player associated with the Yanks-Sox an enormous douchebag?

Sacramento Bee: Pedroia calls Woodland “a dump”

Pedroia said of Woodland: “It’s a dump. You can quote me on that. I don’t give a … “

...Pedroia admitted to Boston Magazine that he was upset with the city for an unspecified reason. However, his brother was arrested in Woodland in January on child-molestation charges. Brett Pedroia has pleaded not guilty.

“Everyone wants to get out of there,” Dustin Pedroia said. “You don’t want to stay in Woodland. What do you want to stay in Woodland for? The place (stinks). The newspaper there, I don’t really get along with.

“I come from your town. You should embrace me. I play for the Boston Red Sox. You haven’t had a lot of major leaguers come out of your city.”

Woodland Vice Mayor Art Pimentel said he was “a little bit shocked” after being read the quotes from the magazine.

“I actually disagree with Dustin on his views of Woodland,” Pimentel said. “I see Woodland as a place of opportunity for many people, certainly for its residents.”

I live about five miles south of Woodland and it is a dump, but his brother is a pedophile and his family runs a freaking tire store, so maybe the Pedoria family is part of the problem.

firex

vas_a_morir said:
Damn. It's over.
シンシンナチ は かなしい ですよ。

can't fucking get my IME to do the small イ that should be at the end of cincinnati

Windu said:
Those of you with a dual moniter setup and MLB.TV. Found a way to make it be full screen on one screen while you click around on the other screen. (Windows only though, and based on the comments in the video, looks like it might not work with IE)

Got the instructions from this video.

Basically its this.

Download a hex editor, like this one

1.) Use it to open NPSWF32.dll

Usually at C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\npswf32.dll

Oprea users C:\programfiles\oprea\program\plugins\npswf32.dll

2.) Goto Address

For Flash Version 10.0.1.28- use 136340 (most likely have this version if you are using MLB.TV)

For Flash Version 9.0.124.0 - use C1487

Using the Editor I linked, go to Address-Goto, and type the number into the Hexadecimal field. Hit ok.

3.) Change byte at this address from 74 to EB (If its not 74 then you either have the wrong address or wrong flash version.)

4.) Close browser and Save file. Can't save the file with flash open, like that youtube video.

5.) Enjoy.

edit: and follow the instructions exactly (not too hard) so you don't fuck up anything. And you can always back up the original file.

edit: MLB support said they didn't add this feature because of performance issues on lower end computers.
I bet he doesn't even make it to the end of June.

Any idea if their is a way to do this for OSX? I'm sure there's got to be a way.

firex said:
シンシンナチ は かなしい ですよ。

can't fucking get my IME to do the small イ that should be at the end of cincinnati

絶対悲しいね。俺は本当に自殺するつもりだよ。 Wait a fucking minute... this is Cincinnati, we should be speaking German to express our suicidal intent.

You know, firex my man... I gotta say, I really like our new lineup. It's WAY improved. People during the WBC fell in love with Dunn, then learned to hate him by the end of the month. Votto is going to have a major year, don't you think? I feel we could just as easily be 2-0, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

What I love about baseball is the game is so pure, your team can lose, and you can still have a great time watching the game. Maybe that's just me, but it feels that way to me. Only in baseball could two of the most popular teams (Red Sox, Cubs) suck for an entire century and still remain insanely popular.

Saw some okay stuff from the Yankees yesterday, but we still need that first win. Notes:

- Power from Jeter is great. Hopefully Jeter in that leadoff spot is going to result in quality batting the whole year. I really think Johhny Damon is thrown off a bit by NOT leading off, though. Interesting...but too small a sample size to say anything seriously about yet.

- Tex got his first hit and RBI last night. Now he should calm down a bit. Fatalah made a great point last night; he looks like he's pressing too much early. Tex is one of the best hitters on the planet. He should just know that and play baseball.

- Yankees are putting 5 runs up, which is alright. Yankees are stranding like 50 fucking guys on base each game though, so that's not alright. As always, you gotta move the runners and bring them home! Timely hitting and patience wins games. Be PATIENT, Yanks.

- Today's game needs to have Swisher in it instead of Nady.

- Yankees starting pitching is bad so far for no reason. Wang's pitches were up all game; without sink on his sinker, he's fucked. Let's see if AJ can start us on a winning trend!

Yanks and Os up again @ 1 and change EST today. I would love to see a strong start from Burnett and see the team feed on that.

Yanks are my choice to win the WS pre-season. Don't fuck this up for me!!! I was right the Phillies as WS champs, but wrong on EVERY OTHER PREDICTION. I mean EVERY OTHER PREDICTION.

Fatalah

Fatalah said:
Tex will get his first hit if he bats one more time. His body language looks a lot like A-Rod's right now.

And Tex did in the Bot 9, knocking in his first Yankee RBI too.

So what's my take on the last 2 pitching outings? CC wasn't loose and Wang just didn't have a good feel on the ball-- which happens to him from time to time. The two starts just so happened to fall back to back, so that magnifies the losses.

I have a feeling Burnett will do very well today. I think it's easier for a team to bounce back after a loss without having a day to rest in between. The Yanks have a chance to put up a ton of runs today on the O's untested starting pitcher too.

Today's a day game--- 1:35pm start.

firex

vas_a_morir said:
絶対悲しいね。俺は本当に自殺するつもりだよ。 Wait a fucking minute... this is Cincinnati, we should be speaking German to express our suicidal intent.

You know, firex my man... I gotta say, I really like our new lineup. It's WAY improved. People during the WBC fell in love with Dunn, then learned to hate him by the end of the month. Votto is going to have a major year, don't you think? I feel we could just as easily be 2-0, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

What I love about baseball is the game is so pure, your team can lose, and you can still have a great time watching the game. Maybe that's just me, but it feels that way to me. Only in baseball could two of the most popular teams (Red Sox, Cubs) suck for an entire century and still remain insanely popular.
I actually like the new lineup, too. It doesn't have Dunn's awesome 40 HRs/year but as long as people get on base more, Votto and Bruce will drive them in. Phillips is still kind of streaky but I think Edwin has looked even better hitting so far than he did for a lot of stretches last year, and he's totally in the lineup only because of his bat.

edit: still wish they had made a play for Carl Crawford or someone like him, though. I know they couldn't really sign him, but god, he would be so good leading off for this team.

pollo

Banned
Honestly it looks much worse only because we've been playing the BEST 1-4 in the AL East.

Roberts, Jones, Markakis, Huff

That shit is painful...

Who would you rather have?

Elsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz, Youk
Jeter, Damon, Teixeira, Hideki
Upton, Aki, Crawford, Pena
Scutaro, Hill, Rios, Wells

I'd take the Os 1-4 any day. It used to be the Sox, but then (Thank God) they got rid of Manny. But if the Sox get smart and finally drop SuckBury down in the order and hit Bay third with a lineup like this:

Pedroia, Bay/Ortiz, Youk

then the Sox are definately par with the Os

Fatalah

pollo said:
Honestly it looks much worse only because we've been playing the BEST 1-4 in the AL East.

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not because when WE play them, those four are unstoppable. Markakis is the real Greek god of the AL East.

Off-topic but does anyone else get the feeling Melvin Mora is really an alien? Like in the X-Files episode "The Unnatural". Look into his eyes!

melvin-mora.jpg

pollo

Banned
Fatalah said:
I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not because when WE play them, those four are unstoppable. Markakis is the real Greek god of the AL East.

Off-topic but does anyone else get the feeling Melvin Mora is really an alien? Like in the X-Files episode "The Unnatural". Look into his eyes!

melvin-mora.jpg

No sarcasm. I think Brian Roberts is the ideal lead off man, I think the Baltimore announcers pointed out that he was 8th in OBP in the league. Adam Jones is young and is projected to be a 25/30 guy with probably an OBP ranging around .375-.390 as well. Markakis sported a 121 OPS+ 2 years ago and a sick 134 OPS+ last year. Huff is getting old, yes, but he sported an OPS+ of 134 last year as well. He's only 32, and probably has 2 really, really good years left.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I would have never thought it but it looks like you're right. I don't know about Jones yet but the others have been pretty good the last few years.

pollo

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I would have never thought it but it looks like you're right. I don't know about Jones yet but the others have been pretty good the last few years.

Jones is a victim of LL hype, (lulz) but he'll break out this year.

Fatalah

Today's Lineup
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Nady DH
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Ransom 3B
Gardner CF
Molina C

Who's In: Swish, Molina
Who's out: Posada, Matsui

Do you guys still follow games using
Justin.tv?
. I won't be able to watch today's game being of the working ilk.

clemenx

Banned
I agree with pollo, if Jones reaches full potential that will be one scary 1-4.
Though i think i prefer the Rays one if they use Longoria in those spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom